• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 Resurrected - Early Access Beta August 13th, Open Beta August 20th

Damigos

Anyone know differences between PS4/PS5/PC editions ?
Trying to find comparison video with resolution frame rate etc but cant find any.

BigBooper

Does the PC version have an auction house worked in or any reason I'd want to get XSX version instead like D3?

Last edited:

DavidGzz

So, I never had to use the mouse wheel to zoom on PC like others but I just noticed if you hold Z and mouse wheel one click at a time you can play zoomed in a bit. Pretty cool.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I'm new to D2, and loving it. Questions for you old heads :

Which is the most beginner class? I dug sorceress, but it was way harder to survive compared to face smashing as Barbarian.

What's the strategy to if you die to get your stuff back? Just save, exit, and relaunch for it to be in town ?

Without going too deep into a build, does everyone need STR ? Seems mandatory to equip armor on everything?

mansoor1980

Which is the most beginner class? I dug sorceress, but it was way harder to survive compared to face smashing as Barbarian.

What's the strategy to if you die to get your stuff back? Just save, exit, and relaunch for it to be in town ?

Without going too deep into a build, does everyone need STR ? Seems mandatory to equip armor on everything?
best class for starters are amazon , barbarian and paladin imo
save and exit and relaunch if you dont want to go back to the spot where you died
STR is important only for build or class that relies on melee .

Arsic

best class for starters are amazon , barbarian and paladin imo
save and exit and relaunch if you dont want to go back to the spot where you died
STR is important only for build or class that relies on melee .

Will a sorceress not get any new body armor if no str is used then ? Stuck with forever green ?

DavidGzz

Sorceress plus charged bolts seems to be the go to for early game. She's by far my easiest class. Melts the whole screen. Seems that druid may be up there as well. It's the class Mr. Llama used to beat both acts super quickly.

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Will a sorceress not get any new body armor if no str is used then ? Stuck with forever green ?
she wont need armor with high defense since your aim is to get rid of every enemy with your ranged magic as quickly as possible, first dump points into mana when you level up and increase your MANA pool , later on you can spare a few points for STR if you fancy an armor with high defense rating

I’d play whatever interests you. Keep in mind the Necro will struggle in act 2 if you go summoner route as there are a lot of very narrow passages.

edit: nvm forgot there is no necro in beta so disregard

Last edited:

DanEON

What's the strategy to if you died to get your stuff back? Just save, exit, and relaunch for it to be in town ?

You can go back to where you died and recover your body. By doing this you also recover part of the experience you lose when you die. If you exit the game, you won't recover the experience.

Last edited:
Not long now!

I'm playing a class I won't play on release during beta and skipping cut scenes and dialogue. Once full release comes out I'll do a new class and enjoy it all slowly.

I'm weird.
I think I’m going to take a break from my paladin tonight and do a fresh play through as an Amazon. Abandoned my sorc because I’ll likely play that class once the full release happens

DavidGzz

Woah, so if you hover over your belt in the inventory on controller you can fill it with potions by just pressing the right stick. Nice. That plus the autosort makes controller inventory management fine.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hey guys, how's the yellow rare drop? I remember it 20 years ago as actually rare (unlike D3 where orange drops are way too frequent).

Naru

I played this back in the day but remember nothing. How does online coop work in Resurrected? None of my friends wants to get this because "it's old and we played it 20 years ago already". Is there drop in drop out?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I played this back in the day but remember nothing. How does online coop work in Resurrected? None of my friends wants to get this because "it's old and we played it 20 years ago already". Is there drop in drop out?
It was like that in the original so yes.

Warablo

I too want to grind this game real bad but dont want burnout and no progress carry over.

Also would have been interesting if they changed the share loot drops to private, also hope they eventually get rid of the ladder only runewords. Would be interesting if they made other skills/builds more viable too.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh don't mind me, just flexing

18w2pzH.jpg
fd5oL61.png
KDq0tPS.png
HW53eV6.png
cOM7UbU.png
Q9O6BmO.png
U2M1wFS.png

Last edited:

Concern

No cross play and no local coop = no buy

With crossplay I'd easily have 8 people to coop with. Otherwise its probably just me and 1 or 2 other people.

sircaw

Banned
Sorceress plus charged bolts seems to be the go to for early game. She's by far my easiest class. Melts the whole screen. Seems that druid may be up there as well. It's the class Mr. Llama used to beat both acts super quickly.
Like holy fire pala personally, the second act i basically charged around and everything was dying in a couple of ticks, the radius of the aura is pretty sweet too, stretching all the way to my screens boundary.

Couple that with being able to shop for a scepter with + holy fire aura and resist fire, which has a synergy with the build, its pretty damn cool starter build.

It will tailor off when you get too nightmare, but that's where the holy shock comes in i suppose

Took a sorceress to 15, looks and plays pretty good but I think I'm done with the betas if progress doesn't carry over.
UI feels like a regression from D3, but I guess they wanted to keep it close to the original as possible.
Looking forward to it, if I sink even a quarter of the time into this that I did for D3 it'll be money well spent.

Also, why does the beta keep dropping badass Necro gear when ya can't even use the dang class!

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Essentially you get as much STR as you need to wear the items you want to wear and not a point over that.

You obviously don't have a plan for what to wear, so...

I think sorceress are a bit tough for your first playthrough ever, but they're very rewarding later on.

Arsic

Essentially you get as much STR as you need to wear the items you want to wear and not a point over that.

You obviously don't have a plan for what to wear, so...

I think sorceress are a bit tough for your first playthrough ever, but they're very rewarding later on.

What about rogue and paladin ?

TheMan

You know I really thought I would love this, and to be fair I’m having fun. But the feeling of been there done that is just too pervasive after having playing a lot over the years (even though I was never hardcore about it per se.) thinking about cancelling my preorder if the blizzard app allows that…

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I never played Diablo 2 back in the day. Really enjoying the the remaster, it is cool to be able to switch the graphics back and forth from old to new. Main issue I'm encountering so far is when I exit the game and go back to play later, the game crashes a lot trying to get back in with my Barbarian character.

Top Bottom