• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 Resurrected - Early Access Beta August 13th, Open Beta August 20th

TheFawz

How can ps5 not run this in quality mode at 60fps. Makes no sense lol
Heard reports of people getting the PS4 version installed instead of the PS5 one so it essentially gives you the PS4 Pro options which aren't as impressive. Could be the cause behind it, could be optimization needed before launch, or just a limitation with how they're running things

CitizenZ

Banned
Loved the original, watched 10 minutes and this looks like PoE to me. There is nothing new here except coat of paint, Im good. Next.

And yes, PoE was heavily inspired by the classic, as is every ARPG. EVERY ONE.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Heard reports of people getting the PS4 version installed instead of the PS5 one so it essentially gives you the PS4 Pro options which aren't as impressive. Could be the cause behind it, could be optimization needed before launch, or just a limitation with how they're running things
This game is 100%ing my RTX 3090 so it would seem there's some optimizations left to do before release.

ManaByte

Gold Member
jay z GIF

DavidGzz

Shiiiit, I had my doubts. I was like, eh, this is the same game I played for thousands of hours, how great could it be? People like to say graphics don't matter, but goddamn. I'm in heaven. Pressing F5 and seeing that difference is insane!

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
bruh this fucking game i can;t stop playing.
almost level 10..

do we keep progression?
this shit is crack dude.

almost level 10..

do we keep progression?
this shit is crack dude.
You’ll keep the progress for the next beta next weekend. Then lose it at launch. If you’re new, use this time to mess around with the different classes with no fear of screwing up skill/stat allocation

Hari Seldon

I hadn’t played this game since OG launch and I was too busy to like no life it. I forgot that the enemy AI is not mindlessly zerging like in D3. Shit is actually dark and challenging.

DavidGzz

So, controller support is overall superior for my Paladin at least. One press skills, auto sort for inventory, able to use potions with the press of a button whether they are in your belt or in inventory, and using analog stick to move and dodge around just feels better. Being able to do a normal attack at the press of a button when a normal enemy does not require my sacrifice skill is awesome. Also, pressing Y to immediately switch to my bow feels better than finding a certain key on the keyboard. When I want more precise controls for inventory, I just grab my mouse. Best of both worlds.

Edit: Also, being able to walk or run with the analog stick instead of toggling or holding cntrl is nice. For people who don't know, as a melee character you want to walk when in proximity of attacks since when you run, your defense drops to zero.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

almost level 10..

do we keep progression?
this shit is crack dude.

Nope, you'll keep it for the next beta on the 20th but everyone starts fresh at launch on September 23rd. And yes, it's crack.

Anyone using their Dualsense on PC? Mine isn’t working so I resorted to my old Xbox controller.

I am pretty impressed with the additions they added for the controller though I would like to have my right joystick navigate menus and my left for moving, there is an option to change the primary joystick for both but not separately so I can’t do what I described.

I_D

Aye
D2 looked like sheit after playing 3
No nostalgia glasses could fix that trash framerate

Check your Resolution Scaling, and make sure it's at 100%. This game runs at a million frames per second, for me.

So far, I'm super impressed with it. Diablo 2 is my most-played game of all time, by a LOT, and this is pretty much exactly what I wanted.

The only things I would change so far are as follows:
- In the menu system, "Tab" needs to switch to the next entry box. It's damn-near game-breaking at the moment.
- Modern games use "Tab" to open inventories, rather than "I." It's kinda tough to get used to the old method again.

Can’t wait to get hime
Check your Resolution Scaling, and make sure it's at 100%. This game runs at a million frames per second, for me.

I think he meant the game pre-D2R looked like shit and had a bad frame rate. I could be reading his post wrong tho.

Last edited:

Antwix

first character I made was a Sorceress because I was most worried about how the controller would work with that class. Worked a lot better than I expected.
I've been curious about this. How does something like blizzard or meteor (or similar) work with a controller? Like how would you cast it in a specific spot?

DavidGzz

I've been curious about this. How does something like blizzard or meteor (or similar) work with a controller? Like how would you cast it in a specific spot?

When you're moving you see which enemies are highlighted. It's very intuitive. Same for using a bow. Works so well. Controller support is better than mouse and keyboard since it feels more modern. Purists would have a fit if they changed things with mouse and keyboard which is holding it back. It needs one press skill binds on PC, for sure. I hope they add that in the full release.

Last edited:

ssringo

I rather like combat with the controller but I gotta swap to keyboard/mouse for inventory management.

Dualshock 4 support on PC is pretty nice.

DavidGzz

Diablo has always been great on a controller. Even the first game on the PSX.

Hmmm, I loved it on the PSX but it wasn't great with no analog sticks. It worked though lol. This and D3, however, work perfectly.

The ability to use skills at a press of a button, the auto sort in the inventory, etc are awesome for console gamers. Wish they had those options for mouse and keyboard. It's essentially better with a controller with this game and that shouldn't happen.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Diablo has always been great on a controller. Even the first game on the PSX.
Yup. I played D1 on PC, but decided to rent Diablo on PS1 for the heck of it. It looked great and somehow it worked well on a dpad. Even using a bow worked well. I think the graphics were zoomed in a bit more too making everything look bigger.

DavidGzz

So, people can call me crazy but the sounds and graphics are soo good that I'm just walking in many areas where I'm not in a rush. I'm in one of the mausoleums taking my time. Loving this. I'm one of the few that loved the pace of D1 so walking suits me just fine. Soaking it all in.

I love that with a controller, when you're in melee, you don't have to turn your character to his each enemy, he will do it on his own and even take a step or two towards them when you attack. Of course, you can take control to aim at certain ones if you want.

Last edited:

Sygma

Is this at all comparable to 3? I really enjoyed 3 on Switch, its a very easy to pick up and play game, shame Co Op is dead on my levels though
Absolutely not no, on any level

Not a fan at all of these new graphics outside of the effetcs tbh, like the whole violent dark fantasy vibe just isn't there with these on and thats purely because of the blood's rendering, dunno why they didn't go over the top like in the original.

Also the game is fucking old and it shows at a pure gameplay perspective

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Is there an option to turn the UI transparent?
AutoMap can go small left right and transparent.
but not UI in any way i think.
It is wildly different with a gamepad tho.
Give that a try.

I think using those F keys is dumb as hell in KBM mode
Remove that shit. i want my d3 style with moves on inputs shown.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Hi, relatively short time Diablo fan, Diablo II first-timer. Question. Does anybody know if progression will carry over to launch?

DavidGzz

Hi, relatively short time Diablo fan, Diablo II first-timer. Question. Does anybody know if progression will carry over to launch?

Nope, everyone starts fresh at launch.

So, on Xbox, if you want to look at legacy graphics, you hold left trigger and press select or the options button.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
This is good. I think I'm just gonna try the classes to blood raven to see which gels with me. I tried paladin first.

Question: I unlocked my 'Prayer' skill on Paladin and bound it to RB. Its like a HoT buff but I couldn't see how to 'deactivate' it. It healed me to full capacity but didn't stop, just kept draining mana but I couldn't manually stop it either by hitting RB again. The only way I could stop it was to activate another buff?

mansoor1980

Gold Member
This is good. I think I'm just gonna try the classes to blood raven to see which gels with me. I tried paladin first.

Question: I unlocked my 'Prayer' skill on Paladin and bound it to RB. Its like a HoT buff but I couldn't see how to 'deactivate' it. It healed me to full capacity but didn't stop, just kept draining mana but I couldn't manually stop it either by hitting RB again. The only way I could stop it was to activate another buff?
auras always remain active , but they dont use/ drain mana

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Can’t wait to get hime

I think he meant the game pre-D2R looked like shit and had a bad frame rate. I could be reading his post wrong tho.
Yeah that's what he meant, I was in the same situation, there was a demo of diablo 3 on ps3 I didn't know the sage tried it loved it bought it on pc.
I wanted to play the second but it didn't ran good so I didn't but now that remastered version is really interesting as well as D4 hoping that those departures doesn't development hell.

Top Bottom