• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 Resurrected - Early Access Beta August 13th, Open Beta August 20th

mansoor1980

Gold Member
So they just drain my mana? Does that mean it isn't active when mana is depleted but I have the icon under my char? Or its burning through mana as fast as I'm regenning it?
only the prayer aura drains mana , my bad sorry , but you will get better auras like cleansing and meditation later as you level up so dont worry

DavidGzz

Yeah, cormack12 cormack12 seems to be a drawback to controller at the moment with Prayer if that's the only skill you have, you're kind of boned. Also, I noticed that you always have to reactivate auras on controller. I think when you go to town they turn off, so you have to remember to press the keybind again.

About to finish Act 2 on my solo play through where I decided to take my time. I wonder if the cow level was included in the beta. Will test tomorrow.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

No 60fps on the PS5 in the quality mode? Damn I'm glad I'm not pre-ordering this game, because I'd be pissed.

Hopefully they'll improve the performance post-launch (and add the retail version of the game for me to put it on the shelf).

Anyone with an OLED tv having the issue that the tv is auto dimming when playing the beta because the tv thinks you're looking at a static screen? This auto dimming is called ASBL and cannot be turned off in the tv menu, it is only available in the service menu but I have no way to access it.

DragonNCM

Fucking corpse run........
I was making lazy play (thinking it is D3)..... then died on stony field...... now can't get my items because there are FUCKING 20 MINIONS.....
Damn, I'm so hapy they didnt change anything from the original beside graphic.
BEST REMAKE EVER !

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
atTOCB7.jpg

Bad mofo

the fuck is the point of corps runs in this game..

It’s pointless just save exit 🤣
Why even bother leaving this in? 🖕

Paulxo87

No 60fps on the PS5 in the quality mode? Damn I'm glad I'm not pre-ordering this game, because I'd be pissed.

Hopefully they'll improve the performance post-launch (and add the retail version of the game for me to put it on the shelf).

Can anyone with a PS4 pro confirm the available graphics options? If they are similar to ps5 then maybe they are still working on 4k60 quality for ps5 for the final version.

I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this. But mark my words - if they do not take care of this fuck up.. they won't just have to worry about a bunch of purple haired freaks protesting outside their HQ - I will personally show up lol

Hari Seldon

Played 4 hours straight with 4 people and finished act 1. Fantastic game but the controller support on pc seems to be a bit strange. It is great for melee but I could not hit anything with my heal spell as a pally. Maybe I’m missing something but controller targeting of spells on PC is a bit strange.

Tg89

Well you find your corps at the base and you have it..

i don’t get this mechanic 😂
Well you don’t have it if you never got a chance to pick it up.

Also the maps reset when you save and exit, in multiplayer this results in a new random map that you have to reexplore as well as all the mobs respawning. In single player the map stays the same but mobs respawn. So if you’re in catacombs 4 and die, save and exit, you’d have to start at catacombs 2 again (assuming you picked up the waypoint). You also don’t get the opportunity to pick up your gold, which stays beside your corpse where you died and doesn’t respawn in town on save and exit.

Last edited:
Played 4 hours straight with 4 people and finished act 1. Fantastic game but the controller support on pc seems to be a bit strange. It is great for melee but I could not hit anything with my heal spell as a pally. Maybe I’m missing something but controller targeting of spells on PC is a bit strange.
Are you targeting random mobs? Holy Bolt only works on undead (and other players to heal)

Last edited:

Spukc

Well you don’t have it if you never got a chance to pick it up.

Also the maps reset when you save and exit, in multiplayer this results in a new random map that you have to reexplore as well as all the mobs respawning. In single player the map stays the same but mobs respawn. So if you’re in catacombs 4 and die, save and exit, you’d have to start at catacombs 2 again (assuming you picked up the waypoint). You also don’t get the opportunity to pick up your gold, which stays beside your corpse where you died and doesn’t respawn in town on save and exit.
yes yes
pick up loot first then think

Also why is there a resolution mode in the ps5 version with only 800x600 and 640x480 being the only options?

it's next gen boy get used to it. Powerful pc games run like that

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
That menu with the snow and fire engulfing “Diablo II” brought back some very missed memories. I didn’t play for long on PS5 due to how they’ll just wipe my character at the end of this beta. I had an awesome time. That remade intro was spot on. For a split second I thought I needed to get this on PC instead, but I’ve owned it twice already on PC. I read an article where Blizzard tried working real hard to transition the game to the DualSense. I actually prefer the zoomed in camera view. I uninstalled the beta as soon as I got the feeling like I could sink a hundred hours into it.

Last edited:

Spukc

It sure is old school Diablo 2 and plays like the old game where you get no way point or such on where you should really go or do.
Yeah use a strat guide fuck around etc..
It has it charms..

But yeah some systems are old af.
Diablo 3 did a LOT things better and worse

Is there no way to cancel your pre-order? I just purchased it but think I might like it better on PC. Chat support said it's not possible. Thought you could always cancel pre-orders?

Antwix

When you're moving you see which enemies are highlighted. It's very intuitive. Same for using a bow. Works so well. Controller support is better than mouse and keyboard since it feels more modern. Purists would have a fit if they changed things with mouse and keyboard which is holding it back. It needs one press skill binds on PC, for sure. I hope they add that in the full release.
Interesting. Since the spell is relating to a nearby enemy, I would think it's kind of limited to how you can cast a spell. Unless I'm not understanding completely. For instance, what if you're doing baal runs with a sorc and just want to teleport from room to room to room trying to find the next level. If the spell is tied to enemies, how can you have room to room precision while teleporting? Another example... what if you want to kite enemies using something like blizzard/meteor? You wouldn't want to cast it directly on an enemy, but rather half the screen away to kite especially with some of the faster enemies.

I can maybe see controller being good for overall movement or something melee based like a whirlwind barb but more ranged classes like certain necros/sorc? I have a hard time believing that. Not to mention things like inv management and quickly picking up items. Again, maybe I'm just not understanding completely.

little friendly tip for the new players - the act 2 mercenaries are the best mercenaries in the game. they run auras which are awesome. well worth your gold to pick one up.

might make act 2 a tad easier for you. google what their auras do and pick one that best suits your class.

Antwix

Is there no way to cancel your pre-order? I just purchased it but think I might like it better on PC. Chat support said it's not possible. Thought you could always cancel pre-orders?
Were you trying to switch your preorder? I don't think that is possible. Just contact them again and say you want to outright cancel your preorder. Then preorder on PC afterwards.

little friendly tip for the new players - the act 2 mercenaries are the best mercenaries in the game. they run auras which are awesome. well worth your gold to pick one up.

might make act 2 a tad easier for you. google what their auras do and pick one that best suits your class.
To add to that, holding shift + potion hotkey gives it to your merc. Don't know what the controller equivalent would be.

To add to that, holding shift + potion hotkey gives it to your merc. Don't know what the controller equivalent would be.
I can’t figure it out on console. I also can’t figure out how to auto fill your tomes when buying scrolls from vendors

edit: I’ve been giving the potions manually from the inventory

Last edited:

Antwix

I can’t figure it out on console. I also can’t figure out how to auto fill your tomes when buying scrolls from vendors

edit: I’ve been giving the potions manually from the inventory
Actually, when I was reading about people's feedback regarding controllers last night I believe I saw that you can do that by holding R3.

DavidGzz

Interesting. Since the spell is relating to a nearby enemy, I would think it's kind of limited to how you can cast a spell. Unless I'm not understanding completely. For instance, what if you're doing baal runs with a sorc and just want to teleport from room to room to room trying to find the next level. If the spell is tied to enemies, how can you have room to room precision while teleporting? Another example... what if you want to kite enemies using something like blizzard/meteor? You wouldn't want to cast it directly on an enemy, but rather half the screen away to kite especially with some of the faster enemies.

I can maybe see controller being good for overall movement or something melee based like a whirlwind barb but more ranged classes like certain necros/sorc? I have a hard time believing that. Not to mention things like inv management and quickly picking up items. Again, maybe I'm just not understanding completely.

There will be pros and cons. You can pick up items, open chests/doors without even stopping at all with a controller. You can be running in a direction and fire an arrow or spell faster at enemies behind you, not much faster depending on your mouse sensitivity but faster. The auto aim makes you more accurate overall too. I don't know how meteor or Teleport work yet but they were fine in D3. So far, it's been pretty awesome and precise shooting the shamans with arrows even if there are other enemies near him.

Not only all of that but guess what else is amazing. Not having to press a keyboard key to change which skill is active before having to press it again to cast use said skill. I can have an aura, hit a regular Fallen with my normal attack, and then an elite with my sacrifice skill without missing a beat. Then back to normal attack to kill another normal enemy back and forth by pressing A then X rinse and repeat. It's so nice. Being able to do the same with three+ spells with the sorceress will be nice. They really need to give fast cast option Ala D3 on keyboard and mouse. Like I said before, controller should not have this advantage.

Last edited:

Antwix

There will be pros and cons. You can pick up items, open chests/doors without even stopping at all with a controller. You can be running in a direction and fire an arrow or spell faster at enemies behind you, not much faster depending on your mouse sensitivity but faster. The auto aim makes you more accurate overall too. I don't know how meteor or Teleport work yet but they were fine in D3. So far, it's been pretty awesome and precise shooting the shamans with arrows even if there are other enemies near him.

Not only all of that but guess what else is amazing. Not having to press a keyboard key to change which skill is active before having to press it again to cast use said skill. I can have an aura, hit a regular Fallen with my normal attack, and then an elite with my sacrifice skill without missing a beat. Then back to normal attack to kill another normal enemy back and forth by pressing A then X rinse and repeat. It's so nice. Being able to do the same with three+ spells with the sorceress will be nice. They really need to give fast cast option Ala D3 on keyboard and mouse. Like I said before, controller should not have this advantage.
Very cool. I'll give it a go soon since I got a beta key just now. I'm glad controller works as good as people are saying. More people playing D2 is never a bad thing.

Top Bottom