• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 @ Blizzcon [Update: Information And Videos Added]

expy

Banned
pz5Nr.gif

Am Excite :D

Lothars

KAL2006 said:
why don't a lot of people think D3 isn't going to be released at 2011. Like one of the above poster said, all games that Blizzard have announced (Diablo 2, Starcraft 2 and etc) have been released around 3 years after the game has got announced. So if that is the case with D3 then it should be released at 2011. Also Blizzard have a tendancy to announce a release date only a few months before the game gets released, for example Starcraft 2 release date was announced at May and the game got released at the end of July. So Blizzard could easily do an announcement of a release date around May 2011, and the game could be released at August 2011.

I have no doubt in my mind that Diablo 3 will be released around June 2011.

Interfectum said:
raimi isnt even working on the Warcraft movie right now. it's a long, long time away.
Don't say such cruel things :/
Well, I hoped for a CGI Movie anyways, but it seems I will never get a CGI movie from the Blizzard team

Lothars

theMrCravens said:
Too early.
Maybe Nov/Dec IMO.

I think that's to late because chances are by than they will be talking about the next starcraft expansion which might be out early 2012 or so.

Shanadeus

Banned
Maybe some info on their new MMO?
Anyway, Blizzard has disappointed me with SC2 so they better have something good in store.

DaBuddaDa

gcubed said:
2011 is going to be the best year ever... and then we all die in 2012, so get it in while you can!
Seriously. Barring numerous, lengthy delays, 2011 looks like it is going to be the apex of this generation especially if D3 makes it in time. Unbelievable amounts of hype already, and we haven't even gotten to the year yet, let alone E3 and all that jazz.

Shanadeus said:
Maybe some info on their new MMO?
Anyway, Blizzard has disappointed me with SC2 so they better have something good in store.

I think they're gonna announce a console game, and talk SC2 Expansion and wait for the MMO after Cataclysm is out and everyone has played it for some time.

ultron87

I'm hoping they close the conference out with some teaser footage of Heart of the Swarm. That is the most we can possibly hope for.

Vinterbird said:
I think they're gonna announce a console game, and talk SC2 Expansion and wait for the MMO after Cataclysm is out and everyone has played it for some time.

Diablo3 for consoles? :E

RavenFox

Banned
Soneet said:
They'll announce the date when I buy a new computer... :D

I want my first character to be a female monk!
No such thing. In a video game, sure.

All in all it is going to be glorious.
TommyT said:
I still haven't played any of the Diablo games... :O
lol

BigAT

Lothars said:
I have no doubt in my mind that Diablo 3 will be released around June 2011.
This is from the back of the original Starcraft's CD Case. They had D2 dated and everything (to the year at least). Actual release date? June 29, 2000.

73UAU.png

Concept17

Summer '11 at the earliest. That's being pretty hopeful I think.

I couldn't believe how long it had been since SC1 came out, now that SC2 is finally out. Now I'm feeling the same about D2 > D3. Blizzard... must you torture us so?

Interfectum said:
You really believe Diablo 3 will never come to consoles? Really?

There's no precedent for it. If Blizzard games didn't sell in the 10s of millions already maybe there'd be a chance, but they really have very little reason to take resources away from their current projects to work on ports. And I find it very unlikely that Blizzard would trust any outside developer to handle them.

Not that I'm against it in any way, I just don't see it as a necessity for them. We all know what happened to the last Blizzard game intended for consoles.

But hey, maybe the new game that they're cooking is a Diablo I + II remake for PS3, 360 and PC, and Diablo III will launch later on consoles. It's fun to dream. :)

KAL2006

Banned
DaBuddaDa said:
Sometime between May-August 2011 is the most probable.
June 29, 2011 would be a great release date. June 29, 2000 was when Diablo 2 was released

gcubed said:
2011 is going to be the best year ever... and then we all die in 2012, so get it in while you can!

I know I said the same thing for 2008 and 2009 and 2010, but now I really mean it
Diablo 3
Torchlight 2
The Witcher 2
Marvel VS Capcom 3
Mortal Kombat
Killzone 3
Gears of War 3
Twisted Metal
Crysis 2
Portal 2
Deadspace 2
Pokemon Black/White
Golden Sun
LittleBigPlanet 2
Last Guardian
Batman Arkham City
Rage
Dragon Age 2
Deus Ex
3DS

but the crazy thing is if Diablo 3 does get released next year, I doubt I would even play anything other than D3 for the whole year (maybe a bit of MvC3 as well)

Interfectum

Pai Pai Master said:
There's no precedent for it. If Blizzard games didn't sell in the 10s of millions already maybe there'd be a chance, but they really have very little reason to take resources away from their current projects to work on ports. And I find it very unlikely that Blizzard would trust any outside developer to handle them.

Not that I'm against it in any way, I just don't see it as a necessity for them. We all know what happened to the last Blizzard game intended for consoles.

Diablo and Starcraft came out for consoles.

BTW, I don't care if it comes out or not for consoles as I'll be getting it on PC regardless. It's just amazing how many people think Blizzard won't port their games to consoles.

It makes me anticipate the GAF / internet shitstorm when Blizzard announces D3 for 360 and PS3. I guess most here will blame Kotick? :lol

Yeah, and The Lost Vikings was on PS1 also. That was a long fucking time ago.

It's effectively like being surprised that Gran Turismo 5 isn't going to show up on PC eventually. Blizzard isn't a console developer and if they do make an announcement like that it'll be a huge, industry changing event and I'll be more than happy to eat crow.

KAL2006

Banned
DaBuddaDa said:

I have to admit that this was the first Diablo game I played, and what got me into the series, of course I went on to play the awesome Dablo II for PC.

I don't see why Diablo 3 can't happen on PS3, Valve seem to like PS3 now because of it's open structure. Also the PS3 supports keyboard and mouse, they can even add move support :lol .

EDIT for some reason I don't want D3 to come to consoles though (even though it could easily be done), the reason is because it makes me feel better that I upgraded my PC and I could look down at console peasants :lol )

TommyT

maniac-kun said:
stop whatever you are doing and buy them in the blizzard store immediately

It's not like I haven't wanted to... Other than not knowing about them when they first came out, I keep hearing how good they are and whatnot so I'm down for it. Should I play them before D3 or can I just play D3 and go back to them??

DaBuddaDa

Pai Pai Master said:
Yeah, and The Lost Vikings was on PS1 also. That was a long fucking time ago.

It's effectively like being surprised that Gran Turismo 5 isn't going to show up on PC eventually. Blizzard isn't a console developer and if they do make an announcement like that it'll be a huge, industry changing event and I'll be more than happy to eat crow.
But there is indeed precedent and Blizzard has been porting their games to consoles for over a decade. They seem more likely to make a console port of their new game than any other PC-centric developer.

TommyT said:
Should I play them before D3 or can I just play D3 and go back to them??
Playing Diablo 1 for the first time now might be a bit underwhelming and archaic. D2 is still good though, I recommend playing that now before D3 comes out.

TommyT said:
It's not like I haven't wanted to... Other than not knowing about them when they first came out, I keep hearing how good they are and whatnot so I'm down for it. Should I play them before D3 or can I just play D3 and go back to them??

You're probably not gonna want to go back to them after playing D3. :lol Might as well do it now. I haven't played D1 in a long time so I dunno how it's aged, but D2 and LoD are still very enjoyable.

DaBuddaDa said:
But there is indeed precedent and Blizzard has been porting their games to consoles for over a decade. They seem more likely to make a console port of their new game than any other PC-centric developer.

No, more like it was almost a decade since they last did it. They cancelled their last console project after years of development and a massive amount of hype from fans without looking back...I'm not seeing any connection between Blizzard then and Blizzard now.

Lothars

BigAT said:
This is from the back of the original Starcraft's CD Case. They had D2 dated and everything (to the year at least). Actual release date? June 29, 2000.

I know that but the reason I am sure of the release date is because of the trends they followed with SC.

I have no doubt that we will get tons of info this weekend and will at least let us know how far along they are.

KAL2006

Banned
Diablo 3
Marvel VS Capcom 3
Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition DLC
LittleBigPlanet 2
Gran Turismo 5
Twisted Metal

Just these games alone will keep me busy for 10 years, I don't think I would need to ever buy anymore games. What all these games have in common is infinite replay value.

TommyT said:
Diablo 1 didnt age well but Diablo 2 is still great.

TheExodu5

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
It's like $50 or something ridiculous.
Yeah, I have 7 otter friends splitting the stream with me, no worries. Just wanted to make sure I could tune in an hour late and still watch the stuff that's passed. I also want to watch the SC2 tourney.

Top Bottom