• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 @ Blizzcon [Update: Information And Videos Added]

TheExodu5 said:
Also, two failed ports over a decade ago does not set a precedent.

But Blizzard having meetings with Microsoft about the next Xbox, and what MS can do in order to secure Blizzard games next gen, means that they want to break into the console space, and while they would have to wait until next generation with Microsoft, nothing is holding them back in regards to doing it on the PS3 with Battle.net, like Valve is with Steamworks.

TheExodu5 said:
Also, two failed ports over a decade ago does not set a precedent.

Warcraft II
Diablo
Starcraft 64

All...so...bad. :lol

Not to mention Blizzard likely had very little to do with them and it was mostly Vivendi's decision-making and management. After those horrible games it seems even more unlikely that Blizzard would be cool with Activision going out and finding devs to port their current titles over.

FLEABttn

Banned
Vinterbird said:
But Blizzard having meetings with Microsoft about the next Xbox, and what MS can do in order to secure Blizzard games next gen, means that they want to break into the console space, and while they would have to wait until next generation with Microsoft, nothing is holding them back in regards to doing it on the PS3 with Battle.net, like Valve is with Steamworks.

OR, it means that MS asked Blizz what it would take to get their games on the next Xbox, Blizz said keyboards, mice, free patches, and not going through MS's ridiculous QA process, both sides had a laugh, and nothing came of it.

BigAT said:
73UAU.png

I'm still waiting for Lord of the Clans

jonremedy

FLEABttn said:
OR, it means that MS asked Blizz what it would take to get their games on the next Xbox, Blizz said keyboards, mice, free patches, and not going through MS's ridiculous QA process, both sides had a laugh, and nothing came of it.

I'm thinking Blizz would be able to work around a controller-limitation, but the free patches and the QA process I definitely agree on. No way Blizzard would give up control of that.

KAL2006

Banned
voady said:
they'll announce PS3 Move Support in Diablo III:lol

It actually could work with move controller

Move Contoller
Move Button - Right Click
Trigger - Left Click
Square, Triangle, Circle, X - 4 Command Slots

Nav Controller
Analog (move map or zoom in/out)
Dpad Up, Down, Left, Right - 4 more Command Slots (8 in total)
L1 - Toggle Map
L2 - Inventory/Quests/Stats

of course they could add Mouse and Keyboard support as well, lets not forget PS3 is an open platform, this is why Valve are implementing Steamworks.

So Diablo 3 could easily be done on consoles

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
LiK said:
And make him fun to play this time. ;) *hides*

Huh? Paladins are plenty of fun to play as in D2.

Still waiting for StarCraft: GHOST. :(

I actually PLAYED Ghost, back when it was still being developed by Nihilistic. It was pretty awesome. :S

BEHOLD THE POWER OF GOOGLE

Vinterbird said:

That story was bollocks

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6207052.html
When contacted by GameSpot, Blizzard reps shot down the GI.biz story outright, saying the outlet had not even followed up with any inquiries attempting to clarify Pardo's remarks. "In the Lunch with Luminaries discussion, Rob said that Microsoft occasionally bounces ideas off of us, with no specific reference to any possible future consoles," said the rep. "This should come as no surprise, as our games run on Microsoft's PC operating system. We aren't in discussions with Microsoft regarding any future consoles." (Emphasis added.)

Chris Remo (Irrational Games) posted this at Shacknews
I was at that lunch, and nothing Pardo said suggested anything of the kind. This was absolutely ridiculous reporting by GamesIndustry.biz. I don't know how anyone could have interpreted it the way they did.

KrawlMan

thetrin said:
Huh? Paladins are plenty of fun to play as in D2.

Hopping around spamming Blessed Hammer never looked all that interesting. (Not to mention it was the most popular botting build so you saw it everywhere)

Yeah I unsure of the validity of that statement but I'm at work so I can't go around looking it up. :lol

Blizzard going out of their way to court Microsoft and get their help to "break into the console market"...sounds more like Microsoft is a pesky loser who won't stop asking for a date.

While it may not be probable, I do hope that Blizzard decides to go with console versions of the game. I definitely think it could work; the failure of d2's console port has little bearing on what is now possible. It seems like they are already making d3 a more accessible game than previous installments, in addition to the fact that they would obviously pour much more money into something like this. D2's rpg components are also pretty simple in comparison to a game such as Oblivion. Inventory, attributes and skills could be easily implemented into a console version; and I believe the gameplay could actually feel more satisfying (albeit possibly more difficult) with joysticks. Admittedly, inventory management could be a bit slower on the console version, but if everyone on the console versions are playing with each other, nobody will be able to tell the difference. The only problem I foresee (which is a pretty big problem) is implementing a battle.net type interface on consoles. This is what may have to be dumbed down into a matchmaking system, however as long as you can join your friends, I think it would still be fun.

Mareg said:
+ canned project. I think Blizzard has removed console from their equation a long time ago.

Yes, but eventually they'll realize all the money that is in console release; if they have the resources and do enough research and testing to make sure it could work, then why not?

Raide

Just a release date for Diablo 3...thats all I ask!

Well, and access to any Beta that they might run for it. :D

KrawlMan said:
Hopping around spamming Blessed Hammer never looked all that interesting. (Not to mention it was the most popular botting build so you saw it everywhere)

I agree, all about the zeal; too bad it got less powerful after the final couple of patches.

Edit: I can still get through hell with my zealot, which (oh crap) reminds me I need to go online to make sure that beautiful death machine is still there.

Lothars

KrawlMan said:

that may be the most popular build but it wasn't the only reason to play paladins

Paladins were the first character I played and is my favorite character, though I played them all and enjoy playing each of them.

Cdammen

F YEAH!

It will be really interesting to see how the graphics engine / game looks. I really liked the brighter visuals that were show in the first gameplay video.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I hope Blizzcon this year isnt all about Diablo 3, Wings of Liberty(its out, who cares!) or stuff we already know about Cataclysm(which is so close to release that we know almost everything about it now).

I want some teasers for Heart of the Swarm and their secret MMO being in developpement for years.

Bisnic said:
I hope Blizzcon this year isnt all about Diablo 3, Wings of Liberty(its out, who cares!) or stuff we already know about Cataclysm(which is so close to release that we know almost everything about it now).

I want some teasers for Heart of the Swarm and their secret MMO being in developpement for years.

Might wanna give the thread title another look

KrawlMan

Bisnic said:

Not gonna lie...I'd be perfectly content if the entire show was dedicated do Diablo 3 :lol Everything else that might be at the show is just a bonus for me.

Ricker

I couldn`t care less about PvP for this game...I just hope they show a few new sections and long gameplay for the campaign.

KAL2006

Banned
Gully State said:
All I care about is a definite release date for Diablo III. Hopefully the sooner the better..

I doubt that will happen, like I said earlier Blizzard like to announce release dates just a few months before a game releases, for example Starcraft 2 release date was announced at May, and it got released at the end of July. So lets say Diablo 3 comes out on August, then that means they will announce a release date at May.

Loto

KAL2006 said:
I doubt that will happen, like I said earlier Blizzard like to announce release dates just a few months before a game releases, for example Starcraft 2 release date was announced at May, and it got released at the end of July. So lets say Diablo 3 comes out on August, then that means they will announce a release date at May.
I agree (hope it's not the case this time). I would like info on when the beta will start or if there will be one. Basically I'm trying not to get my hopes up lol

Salz01

Gully State said:
All I care about is a definite release date for Diablo III. Hopefully the sooner the better..

I'm in the same boat. I grow tired of hyping cool stuff I cant play for 3 to 4 more years. Just let me know when I can play it. I already know it will be awesome, stop telling me how awesome its going to be and then make me wait for it.

At this rate it seems my inconceived unborn son, will be playing this game on release day.

ThatGuy

I can't wait for Blizzcon. :)
But for all who are hoping for the next gen MMO announcement will have to wait another
year. Paul Sams was interviewed by Forbes and dispelled the announcement of the next gen MMO.

Sams dispelled rumors that the company would be saying anything new about the upcoming game at its BlizzCon videogame conference at the end of this month. “It’s not something we’re announcing at BlizzCon,” he says.

Source:
http://blogs.forbes.com/oliverchian...n-subscribers-and-its-upcoming-mmo-successor/

I'm still not into mouse click and isometric view and pre created characters:(

I want this to be more like WASD based Action RPGs like WoW/Guild Wars in terms of controls. But thats not going to happen. I will just have to adapt. I think I will play the single player story once, and maybe do a bit co-op, but I dont see myself getting tangled up or addicted to the loot based nature. Its way to unpersonal for me I think. I feel the same about Torchlight and Dungeons Siege. "your" character is just a senseless dude you cant really feel that your controlling. its more like you just tell the character where to go.

Its not as bad as turned based gaming in terms of taking the control out of the players hand, but smeh.

54-46!

PvP in Diablo? goddamn I hope they don't intend to "balance" the game or some stupid shit like that.. it was never that type of game, less PvP - more monster slaughtering with overpowered characters.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Interfectum said:
You really believe Diablo 3 will never come to consoles? Really?

i think blizzard is working on some console game but diablo 3 meh they will be patching and doing x pacs for this for years whos gonna do the ports for consoles , they dont outsource often...well they did with SC Ghost....so yea.

.la1n

I actually would like to see Blizzard step into the console space. Hell i'll take anyone that will make use of the mouse / keyboard support. Unreal Tournament III is the only game that comes to mind that actually used it.

Won

54-46! said:
PvP in Diablo? goddamn I hope they don't intend to "balance" the game or some stupid shit like that.. it was never that type of game, less PvP - more monster slaughtering with overpowered characters.

But......ears!

Minsc

Gold Member
Blizzard cares too much about building up battle.net for it to release on a console imo. To the point where battle.net > games, as in, if they couldn't distribute battle.net they'd probably not even have bothered with the new sequels.

Top Bottom