• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

No, I'm playing Diablo 3 like I played Diablo 2. If I'm not strong enough I have to grind. It's not for everyone and I'm not going to tell anyone not to use it... but you'll get the drops you need.

I had terrible DPS about an hour ago, got a rare one hand spear, increased my DPS from 650 to 930.
Same, loving playing it this way.

Tacitus_

Spent a big pile of gold in the AH and I'm now making some progress in Act 2 Inferno. But then the game just laughed at me and spawned 2 wasp packs with shielding and waller, and a pack of those male furries with shielding.

FUCK SHIELDING

LordCanti

Spent a big pile of gold in the AH and I'm now making some progress in Act 2 Inferno. But then the game just laughed at me and spawned 2 wasp packs with shielding and waller, and a pack of those male furries with shielding.

FUCK SHIELDING

You think you've got it bad? I do so much damage compared to how much vita I have that I've committed suicide on a damage reflecting mob many times.

Haunted

Bailed out of the other threads because people are playing so much quicker/more than I do!

For some reason, seeing really powerful loot in other people's games completely turns me off of the game, so I will probably skip this thread too. :D

Neki

They look different from normal screenshots, as normal ones dont have skills + runes + inventory + stats in one screen. It looks like some Diablo 3 armory style webpage.

view your profile, left click on your character at the character select screen.

LiK

had a fun coop session last night in NM with my Wizard.

I went to AH to buy a Source and got a rare with 120 INT for only $20k. What a deal, lol

Danielsan

My Witch Doctor reached level 50 last night after I beat Azmodan and finished ACT III on nightmare. Azmodan turned out to be a total pushover as I had just found a magic weapon that pushed my dps from 1100 to 1900, though at the cost of 1200 health and some protection. I’ll probably end up finishing ACT IV sometime this weekend, though I suspect I won’t be playing a whole lot of Diablo 3 due to the fantastic weather.

fanboi

Banned
I was playing with MrKnives and raphier a couple of nights ago and came up to a rera mob in Act 1 who was vampiric... he tossed some firepits that took alot of dmg.

So I said like "dont stand in the fire" (while the rare skeletons life from 50% to 100% in mere seconds).

Took like 15 min, then MrKnives realized... dont stand in the fire.

God damn russians.

GorillaJu

Anyone on the Americas server available to help me take down the final boss on Hell? I keep getting one shot by myself. :(

gamertag is BaconOfHope#1690

Deadly

With the past two wizard nerfs, the millions I spent on my gear are now somewhat useless. Ah well, time to move on.

There's still a few things left, tho....
You barely needed new gear for critical mass/nova. 55wizard though...Yeah I've got some gear lying around now too.

Also, I realized there's an "Out of Time" debuff when you take too long to kill mobs. We're stuck kiting two elites, what can you expect us to do...

Snookie

I was so excited to find a quiver on the auction house this morning for a cheap buyout and then after i bought it i realized it wasnt socketed. Oh well. I'm sure I can just put it back up what i paid for it and sell it right back.

Gandie

nighmare.png

Am I ready for NM?

LordCanti

If I join someones game that has already done the whole
black soulstone quest
and is at
Belial
in Inferno, do I get to keep the check points/waypoints?

Doing the endless sand temples again...oy vey...

2 so far and I'm in Act 1 Nightmare. Both out of destroying objects.

NM legendaries are a dime a dozen though, aren't they?

Holding onto them in hopes that they get buffed is probably counter productive. It's better to sell them while they still have any value at all.

So I'm plugging away at inferno and it was continuing to a be a struggle.

Then I found a 668dps 2h xbow with a crapload of dex on it, whilst searching for the crown which boosted my dps to 10.5k (before sharpshooter).

After that I flew thru the rest of the cathedral and skele king.

I also found this.

7267270924_057747d61d_o.jpg

If only it was dex instead of str.

Oh and I've played 69 hours and haven't found a legendary or set item.

chris-013

Sharpshooter is the worst passive.

Here's an example. My attack crit chance is ~20%. So 1 in 5 attacks crit. My attack speed is about 2. So I do 2 attacks a second.

That means I crit every 2.5 seconds. Which means that passive resets every 2.5 seconds, which means it never gets over 6% crit... which is horrible.

Ya... I could start a fight with 100% crit chance... but that doesn't mean squat. I could of critted anyway with the 20% crit.

From the last page of OT2.
It's true ShS isn't good if you have 20% crit but if you have 0% it's very good. ^^

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The |OT2| didn't reach the amount of posts that's required to get locked.

Revoh

Reached lvl 60 with my barb yesterday. Feels good man.
I need to fix my old mouse though, I refuse to try another model.

DSmalls84

Good Day yesterday!

Hit level 60
Found Legendary Shoulders - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/death-watch-mantle
Not the greatest but it feels good to at least find legendaries every once in a while. That is 2 total for me in 58 hours.

Anyways my WD has:
32k health
15k unbuffed DMg/21k 5 stacks harvest

I am only in Act 2 of hell now and will probably upgrade more soon, but will this work for Inferno?

antipod

Gotten 2 legendaries. One in Nightmare and one in Hell. My friend that has played a bit more than what I have haven't found a single one.

Number45

You're not missing much, the only legendaries I've found have been terrible. Not even competitive with blues their same level terrible.
Got a legendary chest last night that was a massive upgrade, but when I equipped it I got an achievement for equipping all level 25+ items so my chest to that point was just plain BAD!

Could he not give any less fuck?
He?

Get that VIT up.
I started to gather VIT as I played through NM (Barb).

SyNapSe

ok so the merchant in act 1 sells some random rings with 15% as and 60+ int. wtf.

Yes, always check merchants especially the one with ring/amulets as they seem to sell for a ton in the AH.
In Act 2 nightmare at the Hidden camp I found 8-16 damage, 21 dex, 40 INT rings. Replaced both of my own on my nightmare and sold a few on the AH for a bit under 20k a piece.

edit: I think they were 6-12 dmg but they were more than I had at lvl 40.

LordCanti

The only legendary I've found is MC Hammer's Pants (Hammer Jammers). They can't be dyed, and they...well...look like MC Hammer's Pants.

It's an unfortunate look, but I've been rocking it since Nightmare. I should sell them soon, but the market is saturated with them.

The only real end-game rare I've gotten was a set dagger I've yet to sell.

Even with 20% it's still very good, but I guess it's too wonky for many with only 3 passive slots.

At a point, you need Tactical Advantage on there. That leaves two slots, one of which pretty much has to be filled with the +15% damage skill, and the other with the skill that ups hatred (unless you like running out).

Honestly there aren't a whole lot of good DH passives. There are four or five really good ones to split between three available slots.

Jubbly

Man Act II Hell is getting rough. I'm just running into elite/legendary mob groups one after another.

My Lvl 55 Wizard has 6k DPS (buffed) and 18K HP now, however I'm thinking of switching some things out for more survivability. Normal mobs are no problem, they are two shotted.

There are some affix combinations though that are just ridiculous, where I can do nothing but kill off the minions over several deaths and then finally kite the main after. It doesn't really help that almost all of Act II's maps are corridors with no real room for kiting.

I am dreading Belial...

I got through Act 2 without issue using this build:

Damage and armor buffs to this with abilities activated: http://i.imgur.com/iXYT6.jpg
And for the boss I swapped to this skill set: http://i.imgur.com/wtYhS.png (didn't die, got a pile of achievements)

My wizard is coming a long well, I can take quite a bit of hits before I need to diamond skin in hell act 2, plus she has 5.5k dps and crazy attack speed, FUN!!!

i4UxcEUfD9YVS.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How are
ponies
in terms of gear farming? Worth it? If I farm them on Hell, do they drop Act 1/2 Inferno gear or Act 4 Hell gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom