• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

About PS6 graphics...

HighPoly

Banned
Guys, across the generations what we've seen are games becoming the same Tech Demo level graphics from generations in the past...
Today we've recently reaching the same SAMARITAN or Infiltrator level graphics in UE4 from 2011 to 2014 tech demo graphics...

So we'll see some open world GTA like game, with MATRIX AWAKENS level graphics only on next consoles, cause as we all know Spider Man 2 and GTA 6 won't touch that level yet...
And some linear games we'll probably see a game with that first HELLBLADE 2 trailer from 2019 as a realtime gameplay on next Unreal Engine 6...

Take a look at AVATAR this year, Horizon DLC, and you'll find the same level of last gen Tech Demo, finally in real time...

My point is... Don't expect something wonderful and further than what we've seen yet, cause the jump are getting lower between generations

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
anime-ok-menhera-chan.gif

Imtjnotu

If ps5 and the x are currently able to play the matrix demo..... Why won't we see it?

Am I missing something

T4keD0wN

Nope, my reasonable expectation is that PS6s SSD will render games that look way better than the Matrix demo with pathtracing at 8k60 in a brand new eco mode.

Last edited:

killatopak

While I don’t buy games strictly out of graphics, it definitely helps.

There’s a reason PCMR exists. Even higher framerates increase graphics as fluidity in motion definitely looks better.

I’m pretty disappointed in the PS6’s graphics and lack of first party releases. They should have waited until after the Covid-27 pandemic to release it, but I guess they didn’t want the Xbox Series 360 to have the holiday to itself.

Perrott

Gold Member
So we'll see some open world GTA like game, with MATRIX AWAKENS level graphics only on next consoles, cause as we all know Spider Man 2 and GTA 6 won't touch that level yet...
:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Grand Theft Auto VI will blow The Matrix Awakens and the path-traced Cyberpunk 2077 out of the water on the PS5 Pro.

Never doubt Rockstar on the graphics front.

HighPoly

Banned
If ps5 and the x are currently able to play the matrix demo..... Why won't we see it?

Am I missing something
this is just a tech demo, poor interactions, if they used that same city to make a totally full game, everything would change from the ground up

HighPoly

Banned
:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Grand Theft Auto VI will blow The Matrix Awakens and the path-traced Cyberpunk 2077 out of the water on the PS5 Pro.

Never doubt Rockstar on the graphics front.
I know you all are happy as hell to the next GTA
but don't get so much hype
Making a GTA game is diferent than Red Dead Redemption
If GTA 6 reach the Red Dead 2 graphics and physics with a larger city, A.I, interactive objects I'll be glad

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I’ve lost faith in 99% of developers to actually push graphical fidelity and implement next gen features into their games. Most seem to just be satisfied with the status quo at 60fps. Gamers too.

HighPoly

Banned
I’ve lost faith in 99% of developers to actually push graphical fidelity and implement next gen features into their games. Most seem to just be satisfied with the status quo at 60fps. Gamers too.
this generation is a disaster... No games, no next gen graphics, no inovation, no NOTHING!

Even with PS6 GAF will do what they always do, bitch about graphics…..because what they always do, more than playing games.
I've posted quotes from 2006, 2013, and 2020 in the past and people say the same shit every time new consoles release. People complain about diminishing returns during cross gen, then mid- and late-gen come with vastly improved graphics, and the whole cycle starts again with the new consoles.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
Uhh, considering how we still have another 3 years of current gen, that is enough time for AMD to massively improve their raytracing, so I actually expect a better jump than this gen.

HighPoly

Banned
Uhh, considering how we still have another 3 years of current gen, that is enough time for AMD to massively improve their raytracing, so I actually expect a better jump than this gen.
the worst gen ever !

do you think 3 years is enough to release LAST OF US 3, GHOST OF SUSHI 2, GOD OF WAR IN THE EGYPT MITOLOGY, UNCHARTED 5, WOLVERINE, BEND STUDIOS GAME, NEW SANTA MONICA GAME ???

I don't know, but I think the cumulative way SONY is making their marketing will explode some minds!

3 years ! ! ! I MEAN 3 YEARS !!! This will be the most exploding 3 years titles released in only one generation...

OR, as we all know, this gen will end with less games than we can even imagine...

Loxus

They would have to go with Nvidia for the GPU then because AMD don't have the facilities for that big man.
PS6 isn't coming out until 2028.
Which will most likely be using Zen7/8 and RDNA6/7.

AMD RT is about 1 Gen in performance behind Nvidia's right now.
LkVp3aR.jpg

FSR 3 has frame generation.
bylASWV.jpg

RDNA3 has AI Cores.
bVQKDe3.jpg

Then there is XDNA. That's already in AMD Phoenix APUs.
sv6Rxd1.png

By 2028, all these tech will be more advanced. It's pretty safe to assume the PS6 can do full RT.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
the worst gen ever !

do you think 3 years is enough to release LAST OF US 3, GHOST OF SUSHI 2, GOD OF WAR IN THE EGYPT MITOLOGY, UNCHARTED 5, WOLVERINE, BEND STUDIOS GAME, NEW SANTA MONICA GAME ???

I don't know, but I think the cumulative way SONY is making their marketing will explode some minds!

3 years ! ! ! I MEAN 3 YEARS !!! This will be the most exploding 3 years titles released in only one generation...

OR, as we all know, this gen will end with less games than we can even imagine...
ZxE6Qr6.gif

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Not exactly true. Games were simple and easy as shit in the 360/ps3 era.
Nah, even then most rpgs you had control over the entire party but by the end of that gen you started to only have some control over you party. Now you don’t even have full control over your player in rpgs. Only a weapon and an accessory in most. 😵‍💫

3 more.years? This gen is not ending in 3 more years. 2028 holiday is when you see new console launches. So it's actually 4 years and a 2 and a half months more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom