• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who |OT| Talkin' 'bout my Regeneration

Son Tofu

Banned
But let's not forget generalizations are used by quite a few anti-SJWs to be just as dismissive of one's opinion.

"Hey, I liked Terminator: Dark Fate."
"Yeah, no surprise, it's there to appeal to SJWs."
"Look, it's not a perfect movie and 1 and 2 are better, but it's the first post-2 Terminator I legit enjoyed."
"Because it had three strong female leads, one of them was Hispanic? That's the only reason you liked it."
"What, no, I just thought they were pretty cool. Plus Arnie's inclusion was well-handled and he also got some badass moments."
"Pssh, the REAL Terminator fans know it sucked. That's why the audience score for RT was so low, while the SJW critic score was so high."
"Actually, the audience score was at 82% and the critic score was only at 70%."
".......SJW."
"Yes, that's certainly a word in your vocabulary."
That's somewhat fair. I might've generalized a bit too much in my post. That out of the way, this new show is just not good. I could go into my reasons for disliking it but, ultimately, it won't matter because any criticisms I would give it would be met with me being labelled a sexist. Regardless of how much I have liked women-led action shows in the past.

There has to be a line between entertainment and preaching. Nuwho has crossed that line.

Nymphae

Banned
I'm excited and terrified to watch her run. I don't really have any problem with making the Doctor a woman, the concept of a gender swap is not too far fetched in a world where people are regenerating into new bodies for centuries. The show has good production values, and I like the look of her as the Doctor (except for that sonic screwdriver - what the fuck were they thinking), but no one seems to be happy about the direction the show has gone. I hope they can course correct instead of just cancelling it.

Last edited:
But let's not forget generalizations are used by quite a few anti-SJWs to be just as dismissive of one's opinion.

"Look, it's not a perfect movie and 1 and 2 are better, but it's the first post-2 Terminator I legit enjoyed."
"Because it had three strong female leads, one of them was Hispanic? That's the only reason you liked it."
"What, no, I just thought they were pretty cool. Plus Arnie's inclusion was well-handled and he also got some badass moments."
"Pssh, the REAL Terminator fans know it sucked. That's why the audience score for RT was so low, while the SJW critic score was so high."
".......SJW."
Yep, that "anti woke" stuff can be a bit much at times.
I feel we have become a bit over sensitive over the last years.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

".......SJW."
That's because people like you are completely agenda driven and thus it's hard for anyone to actually give you the benefit of the doubt and take your opinion seriously.

MilkyJoe

5w5nrHA.gif

Wheaton is such a wanker

".......SJW."

You know RT rigs scores?

Last edited:

Makariel

That's because people like you are completely agenda driven and thus it's hard for anyone to actually give you the benefit of the doubt and take your opinion seriously.
Nah, I think it because people like you are alwasy generalizing and love to beat on strawmen in forum threads about shows for children. :messenger_beaming:

The anti-woke-brigade is getting a bit tiresome imo.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Series finale was dire. Fun seeing the Doctor and the Master compete for most excitable twat in every scene they shared.

Also that new breed of Cyberman looked fucking terrible.

Makariel

That's cause there's a lot of catching up to do.
Really? Old "non-woke" movies and tv series haven't been banned or anything and are still freely available in more ways than I can count. The way I see it: if "get woke, go broke" is indeed valid and not just a fantasy entertained by the anti-woke-brigade, we will see very different movies shortly. In the end movie studios love money over everything else and if "un-woking" pays the bills that's what's going to happen. Why do you think e.g. the last couple Michael Bay Transformers movies so blatantly catered to the Chinese market? I doubt it's because Michael Bay suddenly read the teachings of chairman Mao, but because he read sales predictions.
Also that new breed of Cyberman looked fucking terrible.
Orange Cyberman bad!

(scnr)

Really? Old "non-woke" movies and tv series haven't been banned or anything and are still freely available in more ways than I can count. The way I see it: if "get woke, go broke" is indeed valid and not just a fantasy entertained by the anti-woke-brigade, we will see very different movies shortly. In the end movie studios love money over everything else and if "un-woking" pays the bills that's what's going to happen. Why do you think e.g. the last couple Michael Bay Transformers movies so blatantly catered to the Chinese market? I doubt it's because Michael Bay suddenly read the teachings of chairman Mao, but because he read sales predictions.

Orange Cyberman bad!

(scnr)
At least in Doctor Who's case the BBC have been very clear in their not caring about how unpopular the show is, and the Head of Drama there is quite vocal in her opinion that espoising their beliefs is more important than making good entertainment or catering to a wide audience.

Until the Television License gets the axe, they have no reason whatsoever to change, and as long as they can use their platform and previously popular entertainment to try to convert people to their way of thinking without consequences, then that's all they're going to do.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I just started watching Cipaldi's run last night. I found Smith and the show as a whole a bit tiring by the end of his run, even though I liked him a fair bit. When you binge this stuff it feels even weirder when Amy and Rory are supposed to have been gone for a longish period of time and they act like it's been forever when they see the doctor, and it was 10 minutes ago for me. Whatever, that's binging.

The Last Centurion thing made me laugh, so this guy sat there for 2000 years doing jack shit? The Doctor even says "any damage is permanent", yet he survives for 2000 fucking years not a goddamn scratch, lives longer than the Doctor just waiting. I laughed my ass off in the subsequent episode where Amy and Rory are experiencing weird time tricks in the corridors of the Tardis, and Amy leaves Rory around one corner only to find him nearly dead from advanced age around another corner. He's like "I waited 2000 years again!!!", I don't know why I found that so funny lol.

Cipaldi feels really awkward at first but I like his look and the Scottish accent is sweet, is he the first non-British Doctor?

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I just started watching Cipaldi's run last night. I found Smith and the show as a whole a bit tiring by the end of his run, even though I liked him a fair bit. When you binge this stuff it feels even weirder when Amy and Rory are supposed to have been gone for a longish period of time and they act like it's been forever when they see the doctor, and it was 10 minutes ago for me. Whatever, that's binging.

The Last Centurion thing made me laugh, so this guy sat there for 2000 years doing jack shit? The Doctor even says "any damage is permanent", yet he survives for 2000 fucking years not a goddamn scratch, lives longer than the Doctor just waiting. I laughed my ass off in the subsequent episode where Amy and Rory are experiencing weird time tricks in the corridors of the Tardis, and Amy leaves Rory around one corner only to find him nearly dead from advanced age around another corner. He's like "I waited 2000 years again!!!", I don't know why I found that so funny lol.

Cipaldi feels really awkward at first but I like his look and the Scottish accent is sweet, is he the first non-British Doctor?
Scottish is British ;) I liked Capaldi because he plays a more crotchety, more alien, alien. He's bloody brilliant, though let down by awful material. He single-handedly kept it going for me.

Doom85

Well, when one tries to find reasons to immediately invalidate another's opinion instead of listening to what they have to say, it makes it hard for me to take YOUR opinion seriously. Seriously, "people like you"? Unless you've been reading the posts through my profile (which would be a tad weird) or have just remembered a lot of the things I've posted (which given how many users are on this forum and I don't post THAT often, would be even more weird) you really don't know anything about me. At least Son Tofu and Stifler's Mom can acknowledge there's faults on both sides, whereas you just had to be kind of insulting.

Nymphae

Banned
It's going to bug me waiting for a complete 13th Doctor collection, but the OCD part of me needs to wait for that since I have started buying all the rest of the show in complete sets.

Doom85

You know RT rigs scores?

No, I don't buy into that, nor do I buy into the opposite approach. People also claimed that the Last Jedi audience score had been lowered by negative bot reviews (since a Facebook SW group announced they intended to do so) and RT responded that their site had not been compromised. If they were willing to stand by the audience score of 45% for Last Jedi, a Disney/Star Wars film, I highly doubt they'd bother to rig scores for a new Terminator film which is a blockbuster sure, but nowhere near as big as the former.

If we accept conspiracy theories about the site, then it should also be allowed to theorize that RT could be hacked and that Facebook group actually did lower the TLJ audience score with bot reviews. And considering how VERY passionate some people on this forum are about it being a "fact" that that movie is garbage, I recommend we don't open that can of worms.

I can believe the Dark Fate audience score because honestly I saw plenty of people dismissing/insulting the film but making it clear they weren't going to see it. I'll say this about the people who hated TLJ, yes a few of them can get way too toxic towards those who liked it but at least every single person who bashed it that I've seen actually did see the movie. I think a good deal of people who actually saw Dark Fate can agree it was good or at least not bad, not as good as the first two but still decent. Considering 3 was a middle finger to 2 by saying Judgment Day comes anyway in just seven years (DF at least gave humanity 30+ extra years) and lazily killed off Sarah even though she didn't have cancer at that point in the previous timeline so the change made no sense (unless you believe they did it as a "fuck you" to Linda Hamilton for not wanting to come back), 4 was a soulless borefest of grey-ness (it's like they combined Matrix Revolutions' Zion fight and most FPSs of the later 2000's, bleh), and 5 was over-the-top and the re-casting soured quite a few people, it shouldn't be that absurd to think DF might be better received. The opening scene is the only real controversial element, and personally I'll take one character dying sooner than we thought over half of humanity dying pretty soon after after we thought it had been fixed.

Pagusas

Elden Member
So.... Wow the show is really in the trash now :( Its like watching your best friend suddenly succumb to a horrible illness. Like I half feel we need to kill this show to put it out of its missery, thats how bad the last 2 seasons have been. Kill it, burry it, and in 15 years revive it again with a competent show runner who can somehow make the last 2 seasons some form of horrible timey wimey mistake that the 14th Doctor has to correct. I dont care what geneder, color or species the doctor is,a good writer would make it all work amazingly well, this show has been destroyed by its writing staff.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

What specifically is so bad about the writing now?
If you want to know, well someone has written a nice summary of the 10th episode 'The Timeless Child' at Kiwi Farms. I haven't watched it yet myself, but after reading this I'm so glad I didn't. Words cannot describe what a clusterfuck it's become. Here we go:

I'm going to spoil the hell out of this so you've been warned.

Jesus CHRIST, I just skimmed the last episode (didn't care about the cybermen plot). Turns out I was right.

Chibnall just killed Doctor Who.

It was way worse than I thought. Honestly, if the fandom doesn't get their pitchforks for this... You can say the world has officially gone mad.

Chibnall retconned Doctor who in a way even Moffat wouldn't dare. Chibnall is officially the worst thing that has happened to Doctor Who. I can't stress that enough. It's worse than The doctor being half-human

Long story short: The doctor is actually an alien from another universe that was found abandoned below a portal to another universe on another planet that isn't Gallifrey.

The first doctor was not Hartnell but in fact, a black girl, also known as the timeless child. She was adopted by a Gallifreyan woman that also happened to be the first woman to travel with space ships and found her while exploring another planet (the show shills how smart the first Gallifreyan space explorer was btw for obvious reasons).

bullshitchild-png.1168798

(That's the first incarnation of the doctor btw)

The black girl (aka the doctor), died falling from a cliff and regenerated into another girl. Her mother discovered The doctor could regenerate infinitely and experimented on her triggering several regenerations in the process.

Once she was an old woman, the doctor's adoptive mother then reverse-engineered regeneration from the doctor and turned into a black man (yes really) and timelord society then injected the ability to themselves limited to 12 times.

But that' s not all.

Turns out that before Hartnell, the doctor spent several lives/incarnations working for a super-secret Time Lord agency dedicated to meddling with history. The agency then erased the doctor's memories of his time in this agency, Meaning Ruth and many other pre-Hartnell doctors are running around, but the doctor doesn't remember she was Ruth, or other incarnations, because of that mind wipe.

Someone erased the evidence of how many incarnations existed pre-Hartnell. But the show makes it clear they were a lot. She did spend time with the master and the academy but that wasn't the doctor's first life

Oh, and the master used the corpses of all the timelords to create some Cybertimelords that can regenerate and die with a last-minute asspull.

bullshit-timelord-png.1168805

Yes, it's bad as it sounds. Doctor Who managed to become even more woke than before. In fact, I think it out-wokes Star Wars and Star Trek. At this point nothing, but a hard retcon could save this show.

I would take any Clara shilling episode over this. I miss Moffat so much...

So there you have it. It's too early to tell but I'm afraid Chris Chibnall may have destroyed Doctor Who. Who knows what happens from here on out. But I'm hoping the show gets canceled and the BBC do a soft reboot and forget this disaster ever happened. But given how they've doubled down on being woke lately I don't see it happening.

TriSuit666

Banned
I meant non-English lol.

Patrick Troughton is technically American.

But haven't really watched past Capaldi myself, have never been a fan of Chibnall of anything he's written, it's a shame he felt so priviledged to undo all the writing that came before him.

Nymphae

Banned
Wow that does sound pretty stupid. The race retconning stuff is just ridiculous to me, it reeks of them wanting to push in PoC Doctors before a cancellation, to get them in "canon" before they lose their chance, and the fucking gall on them to make it the uber super secret real Doctor.

Pagusas

Elden Member
If you want to know, well someone has written a nice summary of the 10th episode 'The Timeless Child' at Kiwi Farms. I haven't watched it yet myself, but after reading this I'm so glad I didn't. Words cannot describe what a clusterfuck it's become. Here we go:

So there you have it. It's too early to tell but I'm afraid Chris Chibnall may have destroyed Doctor Who. Who knows what happens from here on out. But I'm hoping the show gets canceled and the BBC do a soft reboot and forget this disaster ever happened. But given how they've doubled down on being woke lately I don't see it happening.

Best thing that could happen: This is all one giant hallucination caused by the 13th doctor falling out of the Tardis and hitting her head really really hard when she landed. Everything from that point on has been a concussed nightmare. Have her accidentally killed by the ER staff trying to save her (lol here we go again..) and bam, 14th doctor and a back where we were. Make the first episode villian some sort of nightmare causing creature or something that was preying on her. All fixed. just need to fire the writers, the composer, most of course the show runner.

IT CAN BE SAVED.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Wow that does sound pretty stupid. The race retconning stuff is just ridiculous to me, it reeks of them wanting to push in PoC Doctors before a cancellation, to get them in "canon" before they lose their chance, and the fucking gall on them to make it the uber super secret real Doctor.
You know, I was on board with Jodie Whitaker as the Doctor. I really liked Michelle Gomez as Missy/The Master so having the Doctor become a woman should have been a goldmine for new stories and perspectives while keeping in tune with the shows themes and history.

To see them squander in an attempt to cater to the PC woke crowd is heartbreaking. Not to mention disrespectful of the show's long history and legacy.

Fuck Chibnall and the BBC.

Best thing that could happen: This is all one giant hallucination caused by the 13th doctor falling out of the Tardis and hitting her head really really hard when she landed. Everything from that point on has been a concussed nightmare. Have her accidentally killed by the ER staff trying to save her (lol here we go again..) and bam, 14th doctor and a back where we were. Make the first episode villian some sort of nightmare causing creature or something that was preying on her. All fixed. just need to fire the writers, the composer, most of course the show runner.

IT CAN BE SAVED.

That would be the biggest asspull in the history of the show.

... And probably the most logical outcome. :messenger_confused:

Last edited:

TriSuit666

Banned
To not have the Master mention Missy is the more egregious plot hole, but then if you view this version as a massive reboot, then it's easier to ignore it once Chibnall et al are gone.

In addition the story would've worked had it been the Master who was revealed as a regeneration of the Timeless Child, thus there would've been a part of him in the Doctor.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I didn't really care for the John Hurt Doctor, that seemed really unnecessary and he barely got any screen time.

I really like when the show is super mysterious, and monster of the week-y. There is a balance to be struck between keeping the Doctor mysterious and over explaining and retconning things I think. The show went on for what, like over 20 years with pretty minimal looks into Time Lord lore. As much as people want to have lore fed to them, it's not necessary. The bugman desire to have every facet of a narrative explained ruins things. The fun is in not in the knowing but the wondering.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

I didn't really care for the John Hurt Doctor, that seemed really unnecessary and he barely got any screen time.

I really like when the show is super mysterious, and monster of the week-y. There is a balance to be struck between keeping the Doctor mysterious and over explaining and retconning things I think. The show went on for what, like over 20 years with pretty minimal looks into Time Lord lore. As much as people want to have lore fed to them, it's not necessary. The bugman desire to have every facet of a narrative explained ruins things. The fun is in not in the knowing but the asking and wondering.
I liked John Hurt, but I do agree his War Doctor was unnecessary. He was only shoehorned in because Christopher Eccleston refused to return as the Ninth Doctor for the 50th anniversary special.

But still, why use John Hurt when Paul Mcgann was perfectly available as the 8th Doctor? For the longest time we thought his Doctor was the one who fought in the Time War, only for The Night of the Doctor webisode to retcon that out. A shame, because Mcgann would have been perfect to mine a darker side of the Doctor given his performance in the Big Finish audios.

TriSuit666

Banned

I really like when the show is super mysterious, and monster of the week-y. There is a balance to be struck between keeping the Doctor mysterious and over explaining and retconning things I think. The show went on for what, like over 20 years with pretty minimal looks into Time Lord lore. As much as people want to have lore fed to them, it's not necessary. The bugman desire to have every facet of a narrative explained ruins things. The fun is in not in the knowing but the wondering.

Big Finish went to great lengths to stay within canon, but now they have a lot of new releases coming out that have been trashed because of what Chibnall has done.

It's to put it bluntly, he's carried out an act of unmitigated cultural vandalism. Not only to Who, but also to Torchwood.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I really like when the show is super mysterious, and monster of the week-y.
This absolutely. Which is why I feel like David Tennant is my favorite of the new doctors. So many of the episodes he was in were pure "monster of the week" type episodes, but some of them were absolutely phenomenal such as Blink and Silence in the Library. Over and above that Tennant absolutely nailed the brooding lethargy that comes with immortality, then shined even brighter when he was able to use his powers for good and help people. His Voyage of the Damned Christmas episode I felt was probably the pinnacle of new Doctor Who, in that it was super duper cheesy (robot angel looking dudes, the spaceship Titanic, Kylie Minogue as the temporary companion) but the Doctor gets put into an impossible circumstance and comes into his own

It was basically down hill from there.

Nymphae

Banned
Big Finish went to great lengths to stay within canon, but now they have a lot of new releases coming out that have been trashed because of what Chibnall has done.

It's to put it bluntly, he's carried out an act of unmitigated cultural vandalism. Not only to Who, but also to Torchwood.

I just read on Wikipedia that Chibnall

...appeared on the BBC discussion programme Open Air in 1986 as a representative of the Doctor Who Appreciation Society, criticising the quality of The Trial of a Time Lord (1986)

I rather enjoyed Trial of a Timelord actually, yeah it had some warts but every season does.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

This absolutely. Which is why I feel like David Tennant is my favorite of the new doctors. So many of the episodes he was in were pure "monster of the week" type episodes, but some of them were absolutely phenomenal such as Blink and Silence in the Library. Over and above that Tennant absolutely nailed the brooding lethargy that comes with immortality, then shined even brighter when he was able to use his powers for good and help people. His Voyage of the Damned Christmas episode I felt was probably the pinnacle of new Doctor Who, in that it was super duper cheesy (robot angel looking dudes, the spaceship Titanic, Kylie Minogue as the temporary companion) but the Doctor gets put into an impossible circumstance and comes into his own

It was basically down hill from there.

I felt the opposite. I actually got sick of Tennant near the end of his run. His Doctor had become unbelievably smug and arrogant and was only tolerable when he had a companion who could put him in his place, like Catherine Tate's Donna Noble (my favorite companion of his). I also rolled my eyes at his regeneration story being styled like a tragedy. We all know he's going to regenerate so what was the point? Eccleston's regeneration was handled so much better and really felt poignant, Tennant's felt like a long drawn out slog.

Now Matt Smith was a breath of fresh air and I enjoyed the goofy charm he brought to the role. His first season was brilliant but the rest dipped in quality because Steven Moffat was an idiot who couldn't properly finish his overarching storylines. Still, there were some brilliant episodes in Matt's run, like Neil Gaiman's The Doctor's Wife, my all time favorite episode of NuWho.

crobb991

Banned
well thats my show ruined

i held on in hope that the timeless child thing would be good... i was wrong

fuck you chibnall

Makariel

Until the Television License gets the axe, they have no reason whatsoever to change, and as long as they can use their platform and previously popular entertainment to try to convert people to their way of thinking without consequences, then that's all they're going to do.

Just a matter of time I guess.

I don't particularly care for Doctor Who, the only things I want to know from BBC is who won the Rugby and occasionally figure out which Minister threw the towel this time around. I mean, there's also plenty of shit I don't watch on Netflix, still pay for the whole package.

I'm going to spoil the hell out of this so you've been warned.

Jesus CHRIST, I just skimmed the last episode (didn't care about the cybermen plot). Turns out I was right.

Chibnall just killed Doctor Who.

It was way worse than I thought. Honestly, if the fandom doesn't get their pitchforks for this... You can say the world has officially gone mad.

Chibnall retconned Doctor who in a way even Moffat wouldn't dare. Chibnall is officially the worst thing that has happened to Doctor Who. I can't stress that enough. It's worse than The doctor being half-human

Long story short: The doctor is actually an alien from another universe that was found abandoned below a portal to another universe on another planet that isn't Gallifrey.

The first doctor was not Hartnell but in fact, a black girl, also known as the timeless child. She was adopted by a Gallifreyan woman that also happened to be the first woman to travel with space ships and found her while exploring another planet (the show shills how smart the first Gallifreyan space explorer was btw for obvious reasons).

bullshitchild-png.1168798

(That's the first incarnation of the doctor btw)

The black girl (aka the doctor), died falling from a cliff and regenerated into another girl. Her mother discovered The doctor could regenerate infinitely and experimented on her triggering several regenerations in the process.

Once she was an old woman, the doctor's adoptive mother then reverse-engineered regeneration from the doctor and turned into a black man (yes really) and timelord society then injected the ability to themselves limited to 12 times.

But that' s not all.

Turns out that before Hartnell, the doctor spent several lives/incarnations working for a super-secret Time Lord agency dedicated to meddling with history. The agency then erased the doctor's memories of his time in this agency, Meaning Ruth and many other pre-Hartnell doctors are running around, but the doctor doesn't remember she was Ruth, or other incarnations, because of that mind wipe.

Someone erased the evidence of how many incarnations existed pre-Hartnell. But the show makes it clear they were a lot. She did spend time with the master and the academy but that wasn't the doctor's first life

Oh, and the master used the corpses of all the timelords to create some Cybertimelords that can regenerate and die with a last-minute asspull.

bullshit-timelord-png.1168805

Yes, it's bad as it sounds. Doctor Who managed to become even more woke than before. In fact, I think it out-wokes Star Wars and Star Trek. At this point nothing, but a hard retcon could save this show.

I would take any Clara shilling episode over this. I miss Moffat so much...

I literally have no idea what any of this meant, or why it was particularly good or bad. Except for the Cybertimelords that can regenerate and die with a last-minute asspull, that sounds like Warhammer 40K Necrons to me. But wasn't Doctor Who always filled with retcons and deus ex machina bullshit every time writers backed themselves into a corner? I think I better get out of this thread, this is beyond my ability to understand this franchise.

ELv2xk75hLuD-0gTfKni8E08chpBioJaYXw-jwzDkT0UeO-OKWg65HNCdgPtYbLbbbd1CUA

Nymphae

Banned
Doctor Who always filled with retcons and deus ex machina bullshit every time writers backed themselves into a corner?

I don't think they've ever retconned anything at this level before. Typically they just kept adding to the narrative while respecting what came before, I'm hearing people call this the show's TLJ moment. Some don't seem to see what all the fuss is about, while others view it as horrific writing and disrespecting what came before.

I heard the black Doctor had a police box style Tardis, even though Hartnell was the first time he had actually used that form for the Tardis lol. I'm not the foremost expert on DW lore, but I'm reading this new bullshit screws up a lot of pre-existing narrative. A lot of fans are saying something along the lines of this feels like a fan fic project from his youth that he shoehorned into canon with little regard for how well it jives with anything that came before.

I am really excited for them to start releasing more Bluray seasons from the first 3 doctors, even if a lot of the episodes are reconstructions. They are really nice sets and I like the extra features.

Last edited:
As a lifelong Doctor Who fan, who idolised the Doctor from my earliest memories, and always tried to live up to the example that mad, brilliant, thoroughly British, gentleman scientist instilled in me to be the best, kindest person I could possibly be, all I can say now is: sod Doctor Who.

Hopefully in 30 years time the world won't be such a hate filled nightmare and it can come back, having retconed or ignored this whole debacle.

But if not, oh well. Right now I can safely say nothing of value will be lost.

This show is dead to me, and I'll be writing to my MP and this consultation on the licence fee with support for entirely cutting funding to the BBC, a British institution I once felt nothing but pride for, because that ship full of diseased rats need to be sunk.

TriSuit666

Banned
I heard the black Doctor had a police box style Tardis, even though Hartnell was the first time he had actually used that form for the Tardis lol. I'm not the foremost expert on DW lore, but I'm reading this new bullshit screws up a lot of pre-existing narrative. A lot of fans are saying something along the lines of this feels like a fan fic project from his youth that he shoehorned into canon with little regard for how well it jives with anything that came before.

Forgive me, for I've made a considerable effort not to watch any of Chibnall's sub-Secondary school drivel, but I understand that Whitaker is now in possession of a different TARDIS to the one the Doctor has used through ALL his travels, and this one has a fully working Chameleon circuit.

This for me, completely fucks up the entire premise of the show. In many, many ways.

Nymphae

Banned
Forgive me, for I've made a considerable effort not to watch any of Chibnall's sub-Secondary school drivel, but I understand that Whitaker is now in possession of a different TARDIS to the one the Doctor has used through ALL his travels, and this one has a fully working Chameleon circuit.

I meant the Black doctor who apparently comes from a time before Hartnell, I think that's what they were saying anyway, she shouldn't have any concept of police boxes at that point. I was just reading some unhappy reddit comments about the episode.

Trogdor1123

This has made me seriously sad. Not just cause it makes literally zero sense but because all the rest, literally 30+years, means nothing now. Just awful.

I'm done with doctor who. Not that anyone cares of course haha.

TriSuit666

Banned
I meant the Black doctor who apparently comes from a time before Hartnell, I think that's what they were saying anyway, she shouldn't have any concept of police boxes at that point. I was just reading some unhappy reddit comments about the episode.

Quickly skim watched the crap - what they're saying is that all the regenerations pre-Hartnell were mind-wiped so any trace of this Section 31 rip-off was erased.

Also, 12 ended back with 'her' TARDIS by leaving the fully functioning TARDIS disguised as a tree.

And then there are the Judoon teleporting directly into the TARDIS... ho-hum.

Top Bottom