• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Eternal Switch port has had the physical release withdrawn. Digital only now.

Oops. Not allowed to say anything about Nintendo. Please forgive me! I love... uhh Animal Crossing and Zelda #45.

giphy.gif

MagnesG

Banned
I own Doom 2016 on PC, PS4, and Switch and I disagree. The PS4 version runs at a super smooth 60fps and the controls are snappy and smooth.

The fps on the Switch port is very inconsistent and really plummets at times. I really like gyro controls but they work best when you have a good consistent fps. I still played it a ton and enjoyed it but the Switch is easily the worst playing version.
Using only joystick for aiming is not the best imo, less precise. I agree that it's good to have both though.

I admit I'm no tech expert but if there were RAM issues surely the digital version wouldn't run either.

A digital version means that the lack of a physical version must be due to cost issues rather then power issues.

It doesn't matter if it's digital or physical. It's about the main system Ram, not storage Ram . Given
Doom must be pushing the 8 GIGs of system Ram in the base system so I think it was hard to fit into the Switch 4 Gig's of system RAM

Woopah

It doesn't matter if it's digital or physical. It's about the main system Ram, not storage Ram . Given
Doom must be pushing the 8 GIGs of system Ram in the base system so I think it was hard to fit into the Switch 4 Gig's of system RAM
And would that issue be solved by downloading the game from the eShop instead of playing on a cart?

And would that issue be solved by downloading the game from the eShop instead of playing on a cart?

I'm not on about the storage for the game, but the system RAM that holds the gameplay. You could have a 6 terabyte harddrive on the PS4 or One but the game still needed to be loaded into and run on their 8 Gigs of system RAM. From what I remember the Switch has just 4 Gigs which must be a factor not helping with the port

Woopah

I'm not on about the storage for the game, but the system RAM that holds the gameplay. You could have a 6 terabyte harddrive on the PS4 or One but the game still needed to be loaded into and run on their 8 Gigs of system RAM. From what I remember the Switch has just 4 Gigs which must be a factor not helping with the port
Sure, it makes it challenging but as we are still getting the game on Switch they must have overcome that challenge.

I feel like we're misunderstanding each other here. I'm saying that as they have successfully ported the game to Switch, the power of the console can't be the reason why we're not getting a physical version.

Top Bottom