• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Dre to Release New Album as 'Straight Outta Compton' Soundtrack

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Aug 07, 2015

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/compton-soundtrack-by-dr./id1025137696

01 Intro
02 Talk About It [ft. King Mez & Justus]
03 Genocide [ft. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay]
04 It's All on Me [ft. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid]
05 All in a Day's Work [ft. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius]
06 Darkside/Gone [ft. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar]
07 Loose Cannons [ft. Xzibit & COLD 187um]
08 Issues [ft. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak]
09 Deep Water [ft. Kendrick Lamar & Justus]
10 One Shot One Kill [ft. Snoop Dogg]
11 Just Another Day [ft. Asia Bryant]
12 For the Love of Money [ft. Jill Scott & Jon Connor]
13 Satisfaction [ft. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez]
14 Animals [ft. Anderson Paak]
15 Medicine Mane [ft. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak]
16 Talking to My Diary

mMkBP0L.jpg

Really looking forward to this.

Kick me out of Compton if old!

Dr. Dre will finally end fans' 16-year wait for a new album when the rapper releases his Straight Outta Compton soundtrack, which will consist of new music entirely produced by The Chronic mastermind, a source tells Rolling Stone. Dre is expected to confirm the album, the companion piece to the N.W.A biopic, on his Beats 1 radio show The Pharmacy this Saturday.

Ice Cube appeared on Philadelphia's Power 99 Wednesday morning and let slip the news about Dre's Straight Outta Compton soundtrack. Despite Cube giving an August 1st release date for the album, multiple sources have told Rolling Stone that the album will be released at a later date than Saturday.

It's unclear whether any of the music destined for Dre's Straight Outta Compton soundtrack was originally slotted for Detox, Dre's long-in-the-works-and-indefinitely-postponed follow-up to 1999's 2001. For the new album, Dre has enlisted protégés like Kendrick Lamar and Eminem and what's being labeled as an N.W.A reunion, although the exact members involved from that iconic group remains unknown.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...as-straight-outta-compton-soundtrack-20150729

Assuming this will be to Dre what the Southpaw soundtrack was to Eminem. Maybe 1 or 2 new Dre verses and the rest will be tracks by other artists that he executive produced.

fingers crossed for some dope features

For the new album, Dre has enlisted protégés like Kendrick Lamar and Eminem and what's being labeled as an N.W.A reunion, although the exact members involved from that iconic group remains unknown.

tLUNliL.png

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
No that's a soundtrack, not Detox. It's not the same thing, so don't pretend like it is.

TheMoon

Dre fell off, so check your expectations.
Fell off ? His last album was great.
How? His last album was the chronic 2001
I understand that reference.

I love you guys.

Dr. Dre said:
but haters say Dre fell off
How nigga? my last album was The Chronic (nigga)
They want to know if he still got it
They say rap's changed
They wanna know how I feel about it

Kaladin

It could also be like the Friday soundtrack which was like half new material, half classic stuff from the movie.

No that's a soundtrack, not Detox. It's not the same thing, so don't pretend like it is.

If it's 75% new music (as Dre and Ice Cube claim it is), what's the difference. This is the closest we're ever getting to Detox.

If Dre plays this right, and just stays mostly out of the way while a bunch of up and coming WC artists (TDE, Nipsey, Dom, etc. etc.) and legends (Snoop, E-40, Kurupt, Cube) rip tracks over his production, this can still be something special.

If we get 12 I Need A Doctors with washed Em, female singer hook, and Alex da Kid/DJ Khalil beats he can keep this shit

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I hope we don't get Kendrick all over this. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom