• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Dre to Release New Album as 'Straight Outta Compton' Soundtrack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big fan of "Chronic", and "2001" was solid was well. Haven't listened to "Detox" yet so may give it a thourough listen before this one hits. Very rare I look forward to rap albums these days!

I mean, this has a high chance of being poop but I will still listen to it.

Big fan of "Chronic", and "2001" was solid was well. Haven't listened to "Detox" yet so may give it a thourough listen before this one hits. Very rare I look forward to rap albums these days!

QegGWJP.png

norm9

Only one Em song. More willing to give this a shot now.

I don't know who some of these people even are though lol.

Hope it doesn't turn out like that garbage album when he created Aftermath Records. Been There Done That was good though.

Quik ghost producing is impossible. AFAIK they only ever co-produced one track: Put It On Me

An old interview with Quik had him saying he did the drums on In Da Club. So it wouldn't surprise me if he did others.

norm9

The more I look at the track listings, the more certain I am that's its gonna be shitty like Dr Dre presents the Aftermath. One or two hot tracks, the rest garbage. *insert picture of a lock*

KissVibes

Banned
I don't understand how he can put something like this out in time for a deadline but it takes him 15 years to make detox.

Because Detox has to be perfect.

Who will even remember this? This album is going to be remembered like the Get Rich or Die Tryin' Movie Soundtrack. With a big ol' "Oh yeah, he did that didn't he? I can't remember a single track from that."

I agree with the people saying this needs an NWA track or a song with a Ren.

But I don't get the Kendrick hate. Can someone help me understand that?

norm9

I will say this about Dre: Rakim's Dre-produced track, After You Die, was better than the entirity of The Seventh Seal. I have little hope for Rakim's next album. >_>

I read somewhere years ago that Rakim couldn't handle the perfectionist and micromanaging by Dre so a whole Rakim album produced by Dre was scrapped.

jwhit28

Reading the features, is Xzibit the only Dre protege that didn't become a superstar? Kind of sad. Pimp my Rides was his crowning achievement in pop culture.

Edit: looking at actual album sales, he was still very successful, just not Snoop, Eminem, 50, Kendrick successful

Reading the features, is Xzibit the only Dre protege that didn't become a superstar? Kind of sad. Pimp my Rides was his crowning achievement in pop culture.

Edit: looking at actual album sales, he was still very successful, just not Snoop, Eminem, 50, Kendrick successful
I'd say his restless album singles got him the most mainstream attention before pimp my ride.
Oh and his dre/Eminem feats helped too I'm sure

jwhit28

Since when is Xzibit a "Dre protege?"

Exactly

It really seemed like he latched on to the guy during Chronic 2001 and helped get some features with Snoop and Eminem before Man vs Machine released. I like Xzibit. Always feels like he should have been bigger. Then again maybe shining the brightest doesn't mean much if it is for a short period of time (50 cent)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom