• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Dre to Release New Album as 'Straight Outta Compton' Soundtrack

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
expectations are tempered for me but I honestly can't wait to give it a listen. also really hyped about the movie as well.

I can't wait. But I will keep my expectations in check.

I'll check it out, but time hasn't been kind to Dre's old albums.
wtf-am-i-reading.jpg

Relapse is his best post-TES album. Don't even notice the accent anymore.
i actually think eminems flow, lyrics, and deliver were great on that album. its just he kept mentioning things like rape, and things up peoples butts that it honestly made it uncomfterble to listen to with someone else in the room lol. de ja vu was honestly one of the best songs he has ever written

Toparaman

Banned
i actually think eminems flow, lyrics, and deliver were great on that album. its just he kept mentioning things like rape, and things up peoples butts that it honestly made it uncomfterble to listen to with someone else in the room lol. de ja vu was honestly one of the best songs he has ever written

The lyrical content is repetitive and not particularly interesting, but yeah, the flows and delivery are great. And the production is awesome.

number11

With the amount of people hyping up The Pharmacy tonight on Twitter.. It looks like this is actually happening.

Can't believe it's been 16 years since the last Dre album.

Zombine

Banned
Can't wait to hear about how nobody believed in him and that he has a Billion now. And I also
Can't wait for the em verses where he wipes his tears for him.

Rizific

so its going to be a sound track for the NWA movie. id imagine the movie would consist of old NWA tracks...so in other words, a NWA greatest hits.

TheMAK

Banned
There ain't no good Dre beats no more since Mel Man and Scott Storch stopped ghost producing his shit..

sdornan

Also said he never released Detox because he didn't think it was good enough. So I guess Detox is officially dead.

GamerJM

Banned
Who you think taught you to smoke trees?
Who you think brought you the oldies?
Eazy-Es, Ice Cubes, DOCs, the Snoop Double D O Gs
And the group that said "mother fuck the police!"

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The Chronic 2001 felt like it was eons after The Chronic... But that was only 6 years.

And now it's been 16 years since The Chronic 2001... :p

jesu

I'm hoping to go see the film at the pictures, not sure how big a release it will be here though.
The music will sound amazing on a cinema sound system.

Not too excited by the album, we'll see.

TheMAK

Banned
MC REN better be on that shit! Don't give some wack ass Kendrick BS

Edit: Fuck! No MC REN! Fuck that wack sauce!

Einhander

He shouldn't bother releasing a new album anymore. Dre's whole appeal was that he was a legendary member of NWA. The gangsta rap era is long gone. I don't think his style and rap persona have a longevity. He hasn't constructively evolved his rapping and production.

number11

Dre is obviously a perfectionist.. If he thinks this project is good enough to release, I have high hopes for this.

Courage

Dre is obviously a perfectionist.. If he thinks this project is good enough to release, I have high hopes for this.

or maybe he stopped giving a fuck and thinks it'd be a missed opportunity to not release something that coincides with the film

Einhander

Yep. I'm old. I only know of Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, Ice Cube, and Kendrick Lamar from that list.

Will One Shot One Kill be about Call of Duty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom