• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

FeralEcho

Made my Main Character a Warrior after Timothee Chamelet and my pawn a female archer after Zendaya.

Too bad i cant fuck my pawn to be more lore accurate for my dune roleplaying
It's still lore accurate to Zendaya as you can share your pawn in the game and feel just like Tom Holland 😂
SxZtwbC.jpg

RavageX

Holy fucking shit....

Everywhere you go for this game the only talk is about performance...I wanted to check the review thread again to ask some question about music in the game and all they do is talk about framerates...WTF is wrong with you people??? There's literally a thread dedicated to Capcom adressing the performance of the game,would you kindly go there if performance is all you care about?

Some of us are curious about other aspects of the game,you know...the stuff that makes for the other 90% of the experience like world,characters,story,music,combat...

I was curious about the music in this game,I saw one review mention the music isn't as memorable as the first game and that has me concerned a bit as I loved the music and subtle cues in Dark Arisen.Especially the main theme.

But fuck that,caring about the actual game,DD2 is all about that FRAMERATE!
Excited Ric Flair GIF
Keep speaking the truth, it's a wonder that anyone even plays games for fun, it sounds like people just sit around counting frames.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
It's still lore accurate to Zendaya as you can share your pawn in the game and feel just like Tom Holland 😂
SxZtwbC.jpg
The trailer for this movie is some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen.

I’d be bailing out if I was Tom Holland. Kissing Timothee C in Dune movies? Sure all good.

Doing a movie where you’re getting railed by two different dudes 24/7? Bruh…. It isn’t even about being secure with your relationship at that point. Like why would you take this role?

FeralEcho

I’d be bailing out if I was Tom Holland. Kissing Timothee C in Dune movies? Sure all good.

Doing a movie where you’re getting railed by two different dudes 24/7? Bruh…. It isn’t even about being secure with your relationship at that point. Like why would you take this role?
They do seem to love eachother though from what I've seen in interviews so I think Tom should be fine,my guess is she has a lousy hit or miss agent...

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
They do seem to love eachother though from what I've seen in interviews so I think Tom should be fine,my guess is she has a lousy hit or miss agent...

Her agent should be fired.

She’s one of the biggest names now for screen flicks thanks to her prior work and now Dune 2.

This is like 13 steps back.

KiteGr

I was disappointed with the game just having 9 vocations (warfarer doesn't count). I know it's as many as the first game, but with 4 base Vocations one would expect at least 6 hybrids beyond the 4 advanced. That's 14 + Trickster and Warfarer in total, and the trickster suggesting 2 future base Vocations to add additional combinations, it feels this game was built to sell expansions.

S7Gc2rk.png

The fan theories runned wild.

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I was disappointed with the game just having 9 vocations (warfarer doesn't count). I know it's as many as the first game, but with 4 base Vocations one would expect at least 6 hybrids beyond the 4 advanced. That's 16 in total, and the trickster suggesting 2 future base Vocations to add additional combinations, it feels this game was built to sell expansions.

The fan theories runned wild.
My theory is capcom, because this was an expensive and somewhat risky project (because of scale, time, and the talent involved) decided at some point in the development, to have them reign in the scope, and just finish something they could ship. They're probably looking to see how the game does, based on whatever metrics (which already might have been met) before greenlighting the DD2 Dark Arisen expansion. I bet they decided this possibly years ago. And they might already be gearing up for the next phase, based on the pre-orders and critical reception. I assume the next phase, if it happens, will have more vocations and a proper DD endgame.

But I'm making a lot if (probably dumb) assumptions lol.

Meicyn

Gold Member
My theory is capcom, because this was an expensive and somewhat risky project (because of scale, time, and the talent involved) decided at some point in the development, to have them reign in the scope, and just finish something they could ship. They're probably looking to see how the game does, based on whatever metrics (which already might have been met) before greenlighting the DD2 Dark Arisen expansion. I bet they decided this possibly years ago. And they might already be gearing up for the next phase, based on the pre-orders and critical reception. I assume the next phase, if it happens, will have more vocations and a proper DD endgame.

I soooooo am in for any expansion content they make.

SaintALia

So, would just like to confirm since this should be known by now, are these in the game:
Hard Mode(I think it's out, but want to be absolutely sure)
Ur-Dragon-equivalent
Everfall-equivalent
BBI-equivalent

Been watching the leaked early streams, and I was seeing a lot of old enemies, how many actual new enemies are in the game. I know the Sphinx and Minotaur are in and that Talos thing, but I was more thinking of new trash mob types. Maybe variations of Eliminators or Living Armour and those Knights who summon? Maybe they'll do the fanbase a solid and completely get rid of those shit enemy Wraiths?

FoxMcChief

Gold Member

Why? They’re both weird looking people that we pretend are attractive and talented.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Keep speaking the truth, it's a wonder that anyone even plays games for fun, it sounds like people just sit around counting frames.

Are you on OLED man ? 'Cause, let me tell you, I can't have "fun" when the screen turns into a juddery mess with sub-60fps content making me literally sick in the process.

You can't notice judder or you don't mind playing at shitty framerates ? More power to you, thing is, not everyone is wired the same nor do they have the same standards, for all intents and purposes, you might actually be able to enjoy games at 20-something FPS , doesn't mean though that others should feel "obliged" to do so 'just 'cause some people on an internet gaming forum told them to do so.

Some of you are complaining about...what exactly ? other people complaining ? Who's right here and who's wrong ? Aren't you doing the same exact thing ? Shouldn't people be allowed to express their opinion ? These games don't come free or cheap, it's 70 big ones nowadays.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Man, are you on OLED ? 'Cause, let me tell you, I can't have "fun" when the screen turns into a juddery mess making me literally sick in the process.

You can't notice judder or you don't mind playing at shitty framerates ? More power to you, thing is, not everyone is wired the same nor do they have the same standards, for all intents and purposes, you might actually be able to enjoy games at 20-something FPS , doesn't mean though that others should, or feel "obliged" to do so 'just 'cause some people on an internet gaming forum tell you to do so.

Some of you are complaining about...what ? other people complaining ? Who's right here and who's wrong ? Shouldn't people be allowed to express their opinion ?
There is a big difference in judderness between 24 and 30 on oled. And by the time you get to 40fps, the judder is almost eliminated.
makes me wish movies were at least 30fps. 24 is just a bit of a pain.
but 30 and more is fine especially with some quality motion blur

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
There is a big difference in judderness between 24 and 30 on oled. And by the time you get to 40fps, the judder is almost eliminated.
makes me wish movies were at least 30fps. 24 is just a bit of a pain.
but 30 and more is fine especially with some quality motion blur

Rof brother, we had this discussion many times before 😘
Remember when we were discussing Horizon FW ? I told you then that even with the motion blur turned to 11, game didn't feel smooth in quality mode (30fps), it's not because of the game having frame stepping/frame-pacing or what have you but because of the near instant response time these TVs have - you don't need me to tell you that, right ?

Now, take a game which has an unlocked framerate that sits between 25 and 38 FPS and...there's bound to be problems (obviously) which an OLED screen exacerbates on top of that.
Again, some people are sensitive, some are not and that's cool, what's not "cool" though is people on their high horses telling others what to enjoy/think/act (on both sides eh ?), nothing more, nothing less.

When I say "more power" to people that don't give a rat's arse about performance/framerates I mean it, doesn't mean though that these peeps need to keep busting balls when it comes.to other people's opinions.

Regarding DD2's technical side now, I think that you'll agree that this isn't the best they could do and that the game does have its shortcomings especially when it comes to its framerate, correct ?

Cheers man

PS : last time I tried to play a game in quality mode was Alan wake 2 and Robocop and let me tell you brother I didn't last more than 10 minutes, I just can't do 30fps anymore on OLED, which brings me to, I should have gone for a FALD or miniLED 😉

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Rof brother, we had this discussion many times before 😘
Remember when we were discussing Horizon FW ? I told you then that even with the motion blur turned to 11, game didn't feel smooth in quality mode (30fps), it's not because of the game having frame stepping/frame-pacing or what have you but because of the near instant response time these TVs have - you don't need me to tell you that, right ?

Now, take a game which has an unlocked framerate that sits between 25 and 38 FPS and...there's bound to be problems (obviously) which an OLED screen exacerbates on top of that.
Again, some people are sensitive, some are not and that's cool, what's not "cool" though is people on their high horses telling others what to enjoy/think/act (on both sides eh ?), nothing more, nothing less.

When I say "more power" to people that don't give a rat's arse about performance/framerates I mean it, doesn't mean though that these peeps need to keep busting balls when it comes.to other people's opinions.

Regarding DD2's technical side now, I think that you'll agree that this isn't the best they could do and that the game does have its shortcomings especially when it comes to its framerate, correct ?

Cheers man
Now I remember. HFW 30fps mode is not the best. I think I played it in 30fps mode though. 40 was patched in later.
And motion blur was lacking in hfw at release too.

Unlocked framerate is more of a problem than fps drops to me. Drops are fine. It's not all the time it's below 30. But unlocked 30 is pain. Not disagreeing here. Just thinking that I will cope just ok

clarky

Gold Member
What's up with no preload on Steam?

Jumped in after the reviews, potato internet here at work and would have like to have played before Dragons Dogma 3 comes out......................

clarky

Gold Member
no pre-load, but it launches at midnight UTC, so if you are in the US you can start downloading on thursday evening.
Bummer, I'm on nightshift in the middle of the ocean. If I started downloading now I might have got a game over the weekend. Still I'm stuck here for another 3 weeks so suppose another couple of days won't kill me.

nah, I don't think so. this game's felt like this to me since the first reveal. not a bad thing, necessarily, but, yeah, it's very much got the feel of a reiteration rather than a legitimate next step...

DavidGzz

The beginning cracked my ass up. The best part of the review is that he had the framerate in the corner the whole time and I never saw it dip below 80. It was 90-150 most of the time, even in town. And it looked great, graphics-wise.

Also, I will be modding extra gold in, idc what anyone thinks about that. 10k for a night in an inn and for each ferrystone? Fuck that.

Last edited:

Dynasty8

How do vocations work exactly? You choose one of the four starting "classes" and after leveling up you get more advanced versions of those? Can you multi-class?

NeoLed

How do vocations work exactly? You choose one of the four starting "classes" and after leveling up you get more advanced versions of those? Can you multi-class?
In DD, levelup vocation to unlock advanced and hybrid vocation. Can't multiclass.

The four starting classes (vocations) will be viable to the end.

Think less Mass Effect trilogy where you’re stuck to a base class and forced to switch into another advanced class, but one where you can try different classes more like Monster Hunter, where you can change classes (vocations) at will if you have the equipment (mainly the weapon), or you can simply stick to the vocation you started with.

For all we know one of the base vocations will be OP over any of the other 6 you get later (including ‘Warfarer‘ which is the one that gets skills from all classes) and it really wouldn’t surprise me being Dragon’s Dogma…

Last edited:

Freeman76

New to PC gaming but def going for PC with this, I have a 4070 and 7800x3d, guessing 1440p will be my best option? I saw a video that said it has FSR/DLSS but I have no idea wtf they do, probably need to read up on those at some point but will they help to run it at 4k? I'm a novice with PC speak lol

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
New to PC gaming but def going for PC with this, I have a 4070 and 7800x3d, guessing 1440p will be my best option? I saw a video that said it has FSR/DLSS but I have no idea wtf they do, probably need to read up on those at some point but will they help to run it at 4k? I'm a novice with PC speak lol
I have a 4070 Super. Since the game is CPU bound, I'll start by maxing out all graphical settings and then going down from there. I can guess volumetrics and shadows (and RTX ofc) will be the most demanding settings.
You might be lucky tho! RE Engine games have pretty cool setting menus which tell you what each option does and how it affects performance, so it'll be a nice learning experience for you.

About FSR/DLSS, it's upscaling. Don't know much about FSR, but DLSS basically renders the game at a lower resolution and then uses the GPU tensor cores to upscale it to your desired resolution thanks to the magic of AI.
It's great tech, offers a noticeable performance boost while also (at times) improving the image quality over the native res. It's also a great substitute for antialiasing, imo.

And last but not least, here's a post from a fellow anon on 4chan giving some interesting tips:
1709212665214490.png

Trunim

Jesus christ....It's a movie! And they're playing roles. Get your head straight.

Vlodril

Can't find the character creator on ps5. It just doesn't appear anywhere.. I tried on a browser and while i can find it i can't add it to the library because i get a "Something went wrong. Try again later".

GymWolf

I don't know what role to give to my main pawn, undecited between mage and shield dude.

In the first dogma i used a mage as a main pawn but she got all the bad traits so she was utterly useless, maybe she would survive a bit longer if i make her a warrior but the warrior armours are not as slutty looking, decisions decisions...

Last edited:

Freeman76

I have a 4070 Super. Since the game is CPU bound, I'll start by maxing out all graphical settings and then going down from there. I can guess volumetrics and shadows (and RTX ofc) will be the most demanding settings.
You might be lucky tho! RE Engine games have pretty cool setting menus which tell you what each option does and how it affects performance, so it'll be a nice learning experience for you.

About FSR/DLSS, it's upscaling. Don't know much about FSR, but DLSS basically renders the game at a lower resolution and then uses the GPU tensor cores to upscale it to your desired resolution thanks to the magic of AI.
It's great tech, offers a noticeable performance boost while also (at times) improving the image quality over the native res. It's also a great substitute for antialiasing, imo.

And last but not least, here's a post from a fellow anon on 4chan giving some interesting tips:
1709212665214490.png
Thank you for this I really appreciate it!

Top Bottom