• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
7798HBm.jpeg

mHsr1Sm.jpg

GymWolf

Fought my first griffon, the cunt was getting plastered and he flew away when he had like 10 cm of life bar left...fuck him :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Still waiting for a big monster to be an actual challenge, bitch wasn't even great jagras level of threat, hopefully the dragons\drake are gonna be up to the task.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

My Dragon's Dogma 2 journey has ended and what a sublime journey it has been ❤️

After 147 hours of playtime,I got all the endings,the platinum and as the credits rolled I somehow was left still wanting to go back for more playthroughs but alas my backlog is calling...

This is now my GOTY and in my top 5 favourite games of all time.So many memorable moments just by exploring this amazing world. A world that will stick with me.

Did all the sidequests and explored the entirety of the map and took my time finding seeker tokens (123) and chests (873).The optional sidequests which are like 80% of the entire game have some of the best and most memorable stories in the game. You miss the entirety of what makes this game special by doing only the main quest.

Anyway, that's that,bring on the expansion...but for now,time to let my pawn rest,put my daggers down and take a break.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Fought my first griffon, the cunt was getting plastered and he flew away when he had like 10 cm of life bar left...fuck him

Still waiting for a big monster to be an actual challenge, hopefully the dragons\drake are gonna be up to the task.
I fought one of 'em yesterday and I swear bastard decided to kill himself in the ocean with 1% HP left, just so I couldn't get his claws and feathers.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I knew the world was dense, but it didn't really hit until now. I have a mod that shows seeker coins on the map plus a 3x height jump and I am finding all kinds of shit. From chests and areas, I couldn't reach to well-hidden caves. I haven't even made it to Vermond and I have found soooo much shit. With the customizable difficulty I am able to increase my power if I run with less pawns. So that plus hard mode is making this so much more satisfying. My second playthrough may be better than my first.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
And done. True ending obtained. That second arrow of unmaking came in real handy in one of the uber tough fights, lol. Highly recommend everyone save those instead of wasting them on random lesser-dragons.

Don't ask me why my armor looks like a dress, for some reason this was the best armor I could find in the final stretch.

U5rTEyB.jpeg

My main girl

npKeAqn.jpeg

Last edited:

Madflavor

lol no… people still watch his content?

Just checked , 88k views on his 4 day old review. That dude is irrelevant.

He started bleeding subs after his transition, and never recovered since. Dude just lost his mind. I think he was on a podcast with Yahtzee and a couple other guys a few months ago, talking about how he was pregnant. I actually used to watch Jim Sterling back in the day, because on occasion he was funny and made good points. And I don't think him being trans is the issue. I like Suzi Hunter a lot, and she's grown in popularity over the years. The problem is Jim transitioned, and then acted like an embarrassing clown after that. Licking his fat tits, talking about his sexual experiences out of nowhere, mentioning he's pregnant, etc.

Even as someone who doesn't like DD2, that 3/10 is such a joke.

Last edited:

Kacho

He started bleeding subs after his transition, and never recovered since. Dude just lost his mind. I think he was on a podcast with Yahtzee and a couple other guys a few months ago, talking about how he was pregnant. I actually used to watch Jim Sterling back in the day, because on occasion he was funny and made good points. And I don't think him being trans is the issue. I like Suzi Hunter a lot, and she's grown in popularity over the issue. The problem is Jim transitioned, and then acted like an embarrassing clown after that. Licking his fat tits, talking about his sexual experiences out of nowhere, mentioning he's pregnant, etc.

Even as someone who doesn't like DD2, that 3/10 is such a joke.
The transition was just the straw that broke the camel’s back. People were already getting tired of his AAAcaptitalism shtick. Then he started doing his pro wrestling stuff and doing weird shit with his toy collection. It’s no wonder channels like Skill Up ended up replacing him.

Madflavor

The transition was just the straw that broke the camel’s back. People were already getting tired of his AAAcaptitalism shtick. Then he started doing his pro wrestling stuff and doing weird shit with his toy collection.

"The trrrrrriple A industry!"

It’s no wonder channels like Skill Up ended up replacing him.

I wasn't even aware of this, but he definitely made the right choice.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I knew the world was dense, but it didn't really hit until now. I have a mod that shows seeker coins on the map plus a 3x height jump and I am finding all kinds of shit. From chests and areas, I couldn't reach to well-hidden caves. I haven't even made it to Vermond and I have found soooo much shit. With the customizable difficulty I am able to increase my power if I run with less pawns. So that plus hard mode is making this so much more satisfying. My second playthrough may be better than my first.
I've never been this hyped for a replay. Sorry for the tired comparison, but while Elden Ring was great it left me tired of it by the end and I don't see myself replaying it unless the DLC makes some meaningful changes to the base game. Meanwhile, I just put 130 hours into DD2 and it left me wanting to do it all over again.

Game might feel half-baked in many areas but they sure nailed the most important thing: it's fun, the combat is fun, exploring is fun and the quests are designed to be fun too.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Exploration is kinda meh? What's the point of exploring when most of the best items can be bought from vendors anyway?
Best gear can only be found in postgame. Also vendors don't generally sell Wakestones(Arisen Hearts per the lore btw), Allheal Elixirs, Ferrystones, Portcrystals.

Also some gear can only be acquired through certain enemies and also materials you need from enemies to upgrade gear.

But I also think as a DD1 veteran I find exploring DD2 Gransys quite a treat. When you play through the game and realize Seafloor Shrine is Gran Soren the hype/nostalgia is unreal.

TintoConCasera TintoConCasera Fromsoft games in their design are one and done games IMO. With both Dark Arisen and DD2 the game has a lot of replayability and the way combat is and it's encounters it always stays fresh. Plus there are multiple places to explore, different ways to clear quests, different approaches to combat encounters, Pawn Quests for rewards. Game is just fun to play and I guess "live" in. Dark Souls is mired in tedium that very few will want to retread.

adamsapple

Exploration is kinda meh? What's the point of exploring when most of the best items can be bought from vendors anyway?

You can only find basic things in stores, most of the stuff you need for upgrading can only be found by exploring.

Plus the XP from the fighting you're doing while exploring, of course. That is the only way to raise vocation levels.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Riddle Of Rumination.... :messenger_weary::messenger_unamused:

I mean, I found it in time, but fuck you Capcom for doing shit like this.
giphy.gif

How on effin' earth am I supposed to remember where I found the first one after ~60hrs? Really, Capcom? WTF?:messenger_pouting:
Hoy Arisen what's up. So yeah you have to find this thing and whoops, a 7 day timer just started running haha, good luck!

I loved it tbh but I also felt a lot of panic at the moment. :goog_relieved:

How did you manage? I ended up finding mine, but had to cheat a little bit: had to look online for a list of seeker tokens located near Melve, which helped me in remembering which was the first I found.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

What's the point of money and shops when all the best items are found hidden in the world?

Exploration in DD2 is so (1) you have access to all the upgrade paths. (2) So you can acquire the required materials for upgrading shop-bought weapons, and (3) mainly because the majority of content is off the golden path.

Its quite interesting to see how people react when the same fundamental design principles and problems are tackled in a different way to how they are typically approached.

IAmRei

Finally meet Sphinx, she starring me deeply. but aint enter that place yet. i found her randomly, i think im gonna wait. clocked 40h and still exploring the map

TintoConCasera

Yes they can be bought but they are all expensive as fuck. Now tell me, how would you get all that money if not by going out there and explore to find materials to sell and monsters to kill?

Besides, there's many cool items you will only find by exploring, like the permanently enchanted variants of normal weapons.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Hoy Arisen what's up. So yeah you have to find this thing and whoops, a 7 day timer just started running haha, good luck!

How did you manage? I ended up finding mine, but had to cheat a little bit: had to look online for a list of seeker tokens located near Melve, which helped me in remembering which was the first I found.
So I don't remember which one was the first, I had to look for an interactive map online and check the very first areas I've explored. There's not a lot of coins there so I found it on the second day.

Also, finally encountered Dullahan (simply amazing boss) at night while searching for coin aaaaaand... couldn't beat him cuz goddamn time runs way too fast and so it disappeared before I got the chance to kill him:messenger_loudly_crying:

This game needs 24h (or at the very least 12h) day & night cycle mod asap:messenger_hushed:

Last edited:

adamsapple

Riddle Of Rumination.... :messenger_weary::messenger_unamused:

I mean, I found it in time, but fuck you Capcom for doing shit like this.
giphy.gif

How on effin' earth am I supposed to remember where I found the first one after ~60hrs? Really, Capcom? WTF?:messenger_pouting:

It was easy for me, I had only found 1 token by the time I did the puzzle :messenger_grinning_sweat:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I love this move. Without it dragons are a bitch to fight using melee characters.

H8GaNH6.gif

I had so much trouble fighting the chimera as the Fighter. the damn goat at the top was almost impossible to hit and kept putting me to sleep. with the warriors upper cut, i had it down in 2-3 hits.

same thing with the dragons and ogres, the uppercut is pretty much necessary to hit those weakspots.

Yerd

Man you guys never use consumables or what?

There is the anti sleep potion. But there is also a potion to prevent all debilitations for a time.

I beat the game the other day. 189hrs i think it said? I would have taken pictures but my screenshot button is really weird. It has a massive delay on it so I don't know if it actually works when I press as the sound comes like 10+ seconds later.

All I wanted to do was find more end game crap. I spent 126k gold on that warrior armor only to find it in a chest a bit later. F U.

At the final red light, I spied a puss dragon and the ghost dude was yapping the whole time, go do your duty or whatever. Bitch, I'm killing dragons.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Without it dragons are a bitch to fight using melee characters.
Even with this move the dragon can just fly off the ground and there's nothing you can do to him while being a warrior, worst yet, it can spam this move constantly which happened to me a few times. I mean, you can get lucky and pin him down for a long time if you and paws work together well, but it's not guaranteed thing to happen. I haven't picked the Dragoon class yet, but I can't think of anything it can do to fight dragons melee-wise while they're in the air. You can prevent Griffins from flying by setting them on fire, but you can't chop off a dragon's wing for example.

TintoConCasera

gotta admit: if this'd been the best armor I could find? i'd've gone with the second best...
Yeah same lol. Since DD isn't a hard game I always prioritize fashion over stats, specially for the pawn.

In fact, my pawn uses the meloirean armor set which is a basic full plate armor, but I like it.

Yerd

Even with this move the dragon can just fly off the ground and there's nothing you can do to him while being a warrior, worst yet, it can spam this move constantly which happened to me a few times. I mean, you can get lucky and pin him down for a long time if you and paws work together well, but it's not guaranteed thing to happen. I haven't picked the Dragoon class yet, but I can't think of anything it can do to fight dragons melee-wise while they're in the air. You can prevent Griffins from flying by setting them on fire, but you can't chop off a dragon's wing for example.
The first game you could chop at the wing and eventually damage it enough so they couldn't fly. There were even wing parts as drops. I never tried in this game.

Just spent like an hour remaking my pawn into Tifa lol

Couldn't get her nose quite right but I did a decent job, I'd say.

Edit: still working on it, 2000RC later...

Last edited:
And done. True ending obtained. That second arrow of unmaking came in real handy in one of the uber tough fights, lol. Highly recommend everyone save those instead of wasting them on random lesser-dragons.

Don't ask me why my armor looks like a dress, for some reason this was the best armor I could find in the final stretch.

U5rTEyB.jpeg

My main girl

npKeAqn.jpeg
gotta admit: if this'd been the best armor I could find? i'd've gone with the second best...
Yeah same lol. Since DD isn't a hard game I always prioritize fashion over stats, specially for the pawn.

In fact, my pawn uses the meloirean armor set which is a basic full plate armor, but I like it.
The corset suit you get from the seekers tokens will make you even more fabulous 😘

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Ensnare/Implicate can drag Griffiins back to the ground. I'd be interested to know if using Fighter or Warriors Shield Jump/Swordlift to have Pawns drag down the monster would still work. You needed 3 characters climbing a flying monster the size of a Griffin to ground it. Probably does not work on Drakes though.

Revolutionary Revolutionary Spent probably 1-2 hours making my Arisen and Pawn into Chiss. I imagine players will think twice before hiring her due to the fear of Dragon Plague. But we look so cool!!

If you buy the dyes from the Rift Crystal Vendor in Battahl and go to Battahl's Barber Shop you turn them in and get access to hundreds of color hues for skin, makeup, hair color, tattoos.

Cool stuff.

dwV8Iz1.png

Last edited:
Completed the sphinx riddles

Riddle of eyes:
She actually got me here, I went all through the area looting stuff only to see the chest at the entrance on my way back lol
Riddle of madness:
This one seemed straightforward to me, your most beloved is either someone you have some affinity with, or your pawn, so I brought my pawn to her right away, thing is though, I also was doing a "going on a jaunt" quest so I had another npc with me, sphinx told me I was a slut:
8SR74kA.jpeg

Riddle of wisdom:
This one was complete chance, I was in harve when I noticed a pawn walking there with the name "SphinxMother", it went into the rift there; when I followed a lot of different Sphinx[relative] showed up.
Riddle of conviction:
Another one that seemed obvious to me, simply whatever you feel is prized enough and are you willing to give it away, obv gave her a portcrystal.
Riddle of rumination:
I had a broad idea of where the token was, as in I knew the kind of area, so I just looked for those areas around the camp, melve and vernworth and eventually found it after a couple hours lol.
Riddle of reunion:
This was the easiest, as soon as she said she'd take flight, I just recalled the griffin taking me to its nest, so I just grabbed on quick!
QDa0CiV.gif

She even makes a little remark like she's impressed you thought of it.
Riddle of differentiation:
This one was a bit of a gamble, I knew where dante was, since I'd seen him before and always remarked how fugly he looked, smart design there; I figured vergil then would have to be on the other side, and luckily he was, would've been a pain in the ass to go everywhere to find him.
Riddle of Recollection:
Almost fumbled this one because forgot about riddle of reunion, but you can just count in your quest log.
But wait, the prize is an unmaking arrow? And there's a big chest after the 10 regular ones.....I see where this is going.
Riddle of Futility:
Lol carry a fragile thing to bakbattahl? no thanks, she asks to just "deliver" it to the guy, so I figured I just bring the dude to the pot instead, and since ferrystones worked with dante, I did the same with this dude.
Riddle of contest:
Knockdown, toss, *yawn*
Complete:
She says she's leaving, but the big chest is still closed, I start pelting her with arrows, and turns hostile after a cutscene and then her lifebar shows up; I use the unmaking arrow and fucking miss lmao, she literally teleports right before it can hit her...so I reload because I had a close inn save, do futility and contest again and this time kill her with the arrow.

She doesn't seem to be offended by it, her hostility just seems like another ruse. The reward is an eternal wakestone! Except it's not so eternal....I make a save and test it, but it's one use only, it seems perfect for reviving a massive amount of people though.
On the other hand, perhaps it's called "eternal" because you can actually forge it perfectly, so basically just forge a couple and keep them in your storage for whenever you need them.

Any way that was great, and a nice little "grand" side activity, now it's back to the rest of the side quests.

KàIRóS

After 150+ hours I've come to the conclusion that Archer is the worst vocation for pawns, they deal no damage, have the most erratic behaviour in combat (like just be a turret, the hell you doing moving all over the place?), if they have the ultimate skill equipped they will constantly use it leaving them with no stamina left and sometimes even missing the shot entirely, if they have the skills that require ammo they will either waste the ammo given to them on small enemies or waste the skill slot since you will not give them the ammo to begin with, it's also hard to tell if they are even aiming for weak spots (probably they are and that's why they move so much) and the worst of all, they have almost no knockdown power which is the most important stat against bosses.

Even against harpies it's honestly just better to have a mage/sorcerer with High Levin to deal with them, so far the only good thing I've found about Archers is that like in DD1 they have perfect timing with the Deathly Arrow skill but that's it, everything else sucks, I would still say it's worth to let your pawn get the level 4 Augment that gives more stamina but after that ditch this trash vocation.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Arises Shadow quest.

I stopped the guy, Brandt took him. It’s been well over two weeks in game and the go isn’t showing up in the bar(night or day) even though that’s where the quest says to go and where the quest marker is.

Do I need to progress the main mission further before he will talk to me again?

Meicyn

Gold Member
After 150+ hours I've come to the conclusion that Archer is the worst vocation for pawns, they deal no damage, have the most erratic behaviour in combat (like just be a turret, the hell you doing moving all over the place?), if they have the ultimate skill equipped they will constantly use it leaving them with no stamina left and sometimes even missing the shot entirely, if they have the skills that require ammo they will either waste the ammo given to them on small enemies or waste the skill slot since you will not give them the ammo to begin with, it's also hard to tell if they are even aiming for weak spots (probably they are and that's why they move so much) and the worst of all, they have almost no knockdown power which is the most important stat against bosses.

Even against harpies it's honestly just better to have a mage/sorcerer with High Levin to deal with them, so far the only good thing I've found about Archers is that like in DD1 they have perfect timing with the Deathly Arrow skill but that's it, everything else sucks, I would still say it's worth to let your pawn get the level 4 Augment that gives more stamina but after that ditch this trash vocation.
The best vocations for a pawn are IMO, mage, thief, or sorcerer. Mage is great for the support of course, and as you said, my mage pawn knocks harpies down for me via high levin. Thief is great on a pawn because they will constantly steal shit off of enemies if set up right. On rare occasions you will get whole wakestones and ferrystones! Sorcerer with meteoron is flat out busted, watched a drake go from three bars to dead after I knocked him down with my warrior and the meteors just smashed the heart over and over.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
The first game you could chop at the wing and eventually damage it enough so they couldn't fly. There were even wing parts as drops. I never tried in this game.
You can't do it in remake, there's no wing parts, they've decided to go for Wormslife to upgrade weapon, armor and stuff instead. Dragon's only drop scales.

Ensnare/Implicate can drag Griffiins back to the ground. I'd be interested to know if using Fighter or Warriors Shield Jump/Swordlift to have Pawns drag down the monster would still work. You needed 3 characters climbing a flying monster the size of a Griffin to ground it. Probably does not work on Drakes though.
Griffins are easy in comparison to dragons, but idk if Shield Jump will work on Dragons cuz they're flying much higher and there's only their tail you can try and grap on, but I think it's a pointless endeavour cuz it'll go back to the ground much faster than you can climb all the way to the top of the Dragon.

Any way that was great, and a nice little "grand" side activity, now it's back to the rest of the side quests.
I only solved 3 so far, the rest I don't understand what needs to be done as they sound more like simple riddles you need to have answers for, but I don't have the answers yet - cuz I probably still yet to do something in the game to have them.

Yerd

Revolutionary Revolutionary Spent probably 1-2 hours making my Arisen and Pawn into Chiss. I imagine players will think twice before hiring her due to the fear of Dragon Plague. But we look so cool!!

If you buy the dyes from the Rift Crystal Vendor in Battahl and go to Battahl's Barber Shop you turn them in and get access to hundreds of color hues for skin, makeup, hair color, tattoos.

Cool stuff.

dwV8Iz1.png
Ooh. I bought 1 dye and never figured out how to use it. I'm at ng+ now, not started, so it might be a while until I get to use these now.

I was going to try and make 2 new lookalikes but I need to have a lot of time to waste.

I saw a thing on reddit where people make famous faces and give the sliders. I saw one for Megan Fox was spot on. There was also the wizard and the boy from Sword in the Stone movie that was really good.

I was gonna try and make Sean Bean or Henry Cavill.

U5rTEyB.jpeg

My main girl

npKeAqn.jpeg
Think I clocked in a bit more hehe:

FfKD6G0.jpg

Don’t ask me why my armor looks like a dress…it just looks cute.

Last edited:
It looks better on your character at least lol.

that's a female right?
Pretty sure they refer to themselves as the rolling ball of death…that just happens to look kinda like Sarah Hyland…with elf ears…I mean she already looks like an elf….stop looking at me funny 🫣

‘Rolling ball of death’ is still a gender right? It’s hard to keep up.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I go back and forth between thief and Spearhand. Both are the most fun to play and deal heavy damage.

Thief is OP as fuck though.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
What’s the point of the dragonplague? It killed damn near everyone in the capital. I got my next batch of pawns, went to my home, slept until the next morning and everyone was alive again.

Top Bottom