• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I really don't get the purpose of armor restrictions in the game. There's literally no reason for it whatsoever, unlike weapons. Why can't I put on any armor I want? What's the point, Capcom?

Last edited:

KàIRóS

Finally finished it after 163 hours, man what a game, I fell in love with this franchise all over again, the people saying the game feels like a remake have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, the first region alone is bigger than DD1's map, the open world is honestly a masterclass in level design, I was not expecting so much verticality and hidden stuff around every corner and like BOTW or Elden Ring you get rewarded all the time for being curious and exploring every nook and cranny, I also liked how sometimes exploration felt like a Metroidvania when you had to use certain abilities to access new places and obviously the dynamism and overall sandbox feel, so much random stuff can happen, sometimes this game feels like what a Rockstar Open World RPG would be like.

I got almost 200 Seeker's Tokens, the last ones must be hidden like a MF cause I was literally exploring all over the map and I'm pretty sure I only used Ferrystones until the endgame to fast travel, which was also the best part of the game, I don't know why some of you were saying it ended abruptly or whatever I think you guys got the bad ending.

The time limited boss rush at the end to save the world and the harsher game over mechanics literally gave me catharsis I hadn't felt that shit with a game in years shit got real fast, I would probably have to go all the way back to Majora's Mask endgame cataclysm for something similar, the final boss was also epic AF but I'm not gonna lie I was expecting a Ur Dragon superboss equivalent, they probably couldn't add it due to how they structured the endgame so hopefully they'll add it in the next expansion.

I do have complaints but it's mostly what others have already said, unbalanced vocations (Thief obvioulsy), a hard mode (the end game was pretty intense though), less spells than in DD1, etc.

It's a damn shame that DD2 will be robbed of the GOTY due to the launch drama BS cause it totally deserves it, who wants to bet that this game like DD1 will once again be seen a hidden gem/cult classic in the future, I can totally see it, there's just nothing like this game out there, oh and btw I love the fact that they added the option to romance your Pawn, that was something that was totally missing in DD1.

GymWolf

What the fuck is wrong with the whirlwind cut skill of the spearhand class? how fast do i need to mash the button to make it happen? :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

DavidGzz

I really don't get the purpose of armor restrictions in the game. There's literally no reason for it whatsoever, unlike weapons. Why can't I put on any armor I want? What's the point, Capcom?

I agree, there is a mod for that too. Wearing whatever I like with any vocation. Feels awesome, man.

prnsDaH.jpg

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What the fuck is wrong with the whirlwind cut skill of the spearhand class? how fast do i need to mash the button to make it happen? :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Really fast. I thought it was something that triggered randomly, but if you just let go of the analog and just mash X (or square) it triggers every time and it has a very long wind-up if you keep mashing the X button non-stop, it just goes and goes and goes. Another added benefit is that while its animation is going on, any (smaller) enemy that tries to attack you will get 'trapped' in the whirlwind animation too, you can walk forwards and backwards while mashing the skill for added effect.

It is fantastic when a boss falls down and you can just hack away at their weak points or head.

Last edited:
Yerd Yerd

Nobody died in my outcome, the assassin came in, saw it was the real one, asked me to kill her, I readied my weapon right next to her and she told me to stop, just wanted to see my conviction, then she explained the plot and the guard came in and arrested her.

GymWolf

Really fast. I thought it was something that triggered randomly, but if you just let go of the analog and just mash X (or square) it triggers every time and it has a very long wind-up if you keep mashing the X button non-stop, it just goes and goes and goes. Another added benefit is that while its animation is going on, any (smaller) enemy that tries to attack you will get 'trapped' in the whirlwind animation too, you can walk forwards and backwards while mashing the skill for added effect.

It is fantastic when a boss falls down and you can just hack away at their weak points or head.
Yeah i have to put the controller down on my knee and mash like old school ocelot torture to make it start, then i can just press at normal thumb speed...this can't be on purpose, i'm reading online that a lot of people have this problem, i thought i was getting too old :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Since it's the most damaging move of the class, i'm gonna break my controller before finishing the game:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I think i'm just gonna return to the warrior class, the spearhand is a bit disappointing, just put the bubble shield, use the lance uppercut to get on top of enemies and spam twin cut on their head or wings to win, at least with the warrior i have to care about positioning a bit and it's just more satisfying to big bonk enemies.

Unfortunately the game continue to crash on me on pc today, 20 hours without a problem and today already 4 hard crashes:messenger_pensive:

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa
I think I got screwed out of a mission to save some dude named gregor, this noble was explaining to me that he got sent off to a suicide mission, but then fucking goblins and wolves attacked the city and interrupted the convo; now the guy just says something how gregor is doomed, but I haven't gotten a quest or anything. 🤷‍♂️

IAmRei

Yes they can be bought but they are all expensive as fuck. Now tell me, how would you get all that money if not by going out there and explore to find materials to sell and monsters to kill?

Besides, there's many cool items you will only find by exploring, like the permanently enchanted variants of normal weapons.
Samey, one run from x to x, i got almost 10.000 each. It became my "routine work" in other world ("^~^) its like real work. But somehow, im still like it. Not a big open world, but its like your own neighborhood, you know the place, like back on your palm. And you are the people inside it.

IAmRei

I think I got screwed out of a mission to save some dude named gregor, this noble was explaining to me that he got sent off to a suicide mission, but then fucking goblins and wolves attacked the city and interrupted the convo; now the guy just says something how gregor is doomed, but I haven't gotten a quest or anything. 🤷‍♂️
Its also happen to me, an npc killed off screen, quest is bugged i think. I supposed to deliver him in ancient battleground. The marker is gone, the mission is there. No people in morque btw, screw it 😂

Meicyn

Gold Member
Gregor’s wife is in the noble quarter, she needs to be talked to. She is in or around one of the noble estates. Once she gives you the quest, the time-limit begins.

IAmRei

Finally finished it after 163 hours, man what a game, I fell in love with this franchise all over again, the people saying the game feels like a remake have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, the first region alone is bigger than DD1's map, the open world is honestly a masterclass in level design, I was not expecting so much verticality and hidden stuff around every corner and like BOTW or Elden Ring you get rewarded all the time for being curious and exploring every nook and cranny, I also liked how sometimes exploration felt like a Metroidvania when you had to use certain abilities to access new places and obviously the dynamism and overall sandbox feel, so much random stuff can happen, sometimes this game feels like what a Rockstar Open World RPG would be like.

I got almost 200 Seeker's Tokens, the last ones must be hidden like a MF cause I was literally exploring all over the map and I'm pretty sure I only used Ferrystones until the endgame to fast travel, which was also the best part of the game, I don't know why some of you were saying it ended abruptly or whatever I think you guys got the bad ending.

The time limited boss rush at the end to save the world and the harsher game over mechanics literally gave me catharsis I hadn't felt that shit with a game in years shit got real fast, I would probably have to go all the way back to Majora's Mask endgame cataclysm for something similar, the final boss was also epic AF but I'm not gonna lie I was expecting a Ur Dragon superboss equivalent, they probably couldn't add it due to how they structured the endgame so hopefully they'll add it in the next expansion.

I do have complaints but it's mostly what others have already said, unbalanced vocations (Thief obvioulsy), a hard mode (the end game was pretty intense though), less spells than in DD1, etc.

It's a damn shame that DD2 will be robbed of the GOTY due to the launch drama BS cause it totally deserves it, who wants to bet that this game like DD1 will once again be seen a hidden gem/cult classic in the future, I can totally see it, there's just nothing like this game out there, oh and btw I love the fact that they added the option to romance your Pawn, that was something that was totally missing in DD1.
I dont care about real GoTY, this game is GoTY for me, just like the first, cult classic which sold millions albeit might be in the long run.

Finally finished endgame.
Pretty sure I scoured the entire map lol (hence the playtime and amount of kills)

Overall I love the game and had a great time with it, but I can't help but feel a tinge of disappointment because of the various steps back they took from the first game (i.e. endgame is unarguably better in DD1, lack of armor + clothing layers, etc.)
Regardless, I look forward to what comes next. For now, I'm gonna be messing around in NG+ until Eiyuden next week.

GymWolf

You have to speak with the wife of gregor, i'm not gonna say more.

I only solved 3 so far, the rest I don't understand what needs to be done as they sound more like simple riddles you need to have answers for, but I don't have the answers yet - cuz I probably still yet to do something in the game to have them.
I don't think any of them are "gated" that way, as soon as you have access to the sphinx you should be able to answer every question imo.

I don't think I ever took a picture of it, but I did hire this pawn so I could log it, called Spitter that looked horrific. If it's still in my list I'll snap a shot.
I just love the ‘I knew you loved this world too much to leave it behind’….and it’s like the first pawn i actually talked to other than my main in NG+.

And they have a running 10000g pawn quest for an Ogre….so I’m sold.

Last edited:
The only unique ones I saw when I was playing were a lot of attempted Kratos and Geralt models.
I’m assuming you’re on Xbox too.

I have two Jenna Ortega‘s that I’ve seen that are actually pretty good, but aside from those two I have seen over a hundred attempts that aren’t even close. The worst is Emilia Clark as Denerys, soooo many half assed copy pastes (she’s hard to model in this because her mouth sort of indents in to her face on any expression which is hard to copy)…but I’m not even looking for her, she just pops up again and again.

Might partially be because I mainly hire female pawns. I find if I go to the main rift without searching it’s 90% female pawns, and I can say I haven’t encountered an attempt at Geralt even once …I haven’t found a good Ciri either but I at least saw attempts.

Last edited:

Moochi

So, if you choose to do the real ending instead of the false ending, how long is the end game, and is it much different than what came before?

So, if you choose to do the real ending instead of the false ending, how long is the end game, and is it much different than what came before?
It’s sort of timed and save limited; you have max 6 days to stop the fog (the red circles on the map) and inn saves are your only save point after death (wasting a day).
But you can stretch it out to 12 rests if you stop the fog, but after those 12 inn rests you’d basically need ‘Allheal’ potions to replenish health or wakestones from then on and have no ability to save (death will send you back to the last inn save).

Marking it as spoilers but this is probably not needed

Last edited:

Yerd

I just love the ‘I knew you loved this world too much to leave it behind’….and it’s like the first pawn i actually talked to other than my main in NG+.

And they have a running 10000g pawn quest for an Ogre….so I’m sold.
Could not find Spitter anymore, but there was a pawn named MikeWazowski that looked like the monsters inc guy. I suspect that was probably the same pawn in a new form.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Finished the game after 89 hours and level 71. Forgot one trophy, oh well, i'm getting it once the DLC drops

I give this game a 7.5/10.0. The transversal and enemy density is a pain the ass. The game is ridiculous easy after level 50.

The only unique ones I saw when I was playing were a lot of attempted Kratos and Geralt models.

I saw Rick Sanzhez in a rift stone and i couldnt belive my eyes

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Peopel found possible DLC evidence:

Interesting. I would also love to see something similar to the Dark Arisen add-on for the original game. DD"2" needs as much DLC support as it can get for the next 2-3 years at least, not just some one thing and be done with it. I mean, FFS, we might not get another game at all or for the next 5 years at least, so why games like Grim Dawn, original Titan Quest and such getting almost a dozen addons and a shit ton of content? Why on earth is there no similar support for much bigger games? I'll gladly pay $40 each year for a substantial DD"2" add-on/DLC.

Because you have to answer by bringing something/someone to her.
That's what I thought, I don't have something with me to solve remaining riddles

Topher

Gold Member
Yerd Yerd TintoConCasera TintoConCasera

Not sure if this has been discussed, but regarding Game of Wits with the Sphinx, Riddle of Rumination....

How the hell do you know where you picked up your first Seeker's Token. I found a most to show me where it is, but that doesn't work for me.
Stupid dragonsplague killing my quest folk. Killed the dude I needed to break out of prison.

Find him in the morgue and revive him

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
This game has quite a few issues, and is far from perfect. I feel the exact opposite with DD2 than FF16. I feel like DD2’s high far outweighs its lows, while FF16’s highs aren’t enough to overlooks its lows.

DavidGzz

I have a eternal ferry stone before the DLC(mod). Also a faster run, high jump, and levitate for all classes is awesome. Lock on plus a dodge(from the thief moves by double pressing ,O or B, for any class as well. You can adjust the lock on to target the head like in The Surge. The difficulty mod is the true star though. I love the modding community. I donated to a couple of them.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

Not sure if this has been discussed, but regarding Game of Wits with the Sphinx, Riddle of Rumination....

How the hell do you know where you picked up your first Seeker's Token. I found a most to show me where it is, but that doesn't work for me.
I did that without any mods. Went to Google and looked up a list of all the seeker tokens near Melve. Since that came with screenshots for each seeker token it wasn't hard to remember which one it was.

The difficulty mod is the true star though. I love the modding community. I donated to a couple of them.
I think I might have you asked this already, but what settings are you running? I just started a NG yesterday with those:
  • Damage taken x2
  • Damage dealt x0.33
  • Stagger dealt x0.33
  • Exp gain x0.5
Think I might have gone to far, at least for the start of the game. Getting my ass handed by goblins was something I wasn't expecting lol.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I did that without any mods. Went to Google and looked up a list of all the seeker tokens near Melve. Since that came with screenshots for each seeker token it wasn't hard to remember which one it was.

I think I might have you asked this already, but what settings are you running? I just started a NG yesterday with those:
  • Damage taken x2
  • Damage dealt x0.33
  • Stagger dealt x0.33
  • Exp gain x0.5
Think I might have gone to far, at least for the start of the game. Getting my ass handed by goblins was something I wasn't expecting lol.

Difficulty is fine in vanilla until you get overlevelled around 45-50. And then its quite nice as its the ideal time to set yourself up to explore and hunt down seeker's tokens.

Setting the difficulty too high would make the game fucking painful at the start, and basically restrict you to a handful of vocations just in order to get around the world.

DD2 is NOT intended to play like Elden Ring or such. Taking the same sort of approach will just result in you having a bad time most likely.

ssringo

If you're lucky enough to have the Trickster vocation and got a single level in it,
you can use the augment to detect seeker tokens. Then just retrace the path from the start of the game to the capital. Odds are you found one along that route. Even if you went exploring you likely still stuck around that same area. As long as you aren't resting at camp sites the 7 day time limit is enough time to do a pretty thorough exploration.

It's how I did it. Think it took me 4 or 5 in game days.

Draugoth

Gold Member

Find him in the morgue and revive him

Ask someone to send you a forgery, the Sphinx will accept it

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I'd try Vernworth first, couple of really obvious ones there (fountain and guide statue).

Top Bottom