• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragons Dogma 2 | Preview Thread

Mister Wolf

Then waifus will sell it. I'm sure of it!

maxresdefault.jpg

Let's hope so. I'm all for more Dark Fantasy. The reality is consumers are going to see that NPC party rolling with you all controlled by A.I and say "why can't my friend control one of these?" There really is no excuse. Even Baldur's Gate 3 has co-op.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
no melee lock on and no dodge roll..... if anyone is expecting that this game ll be huge for casuals like Elden Ring was, maybe is time to re-evaluate ur expectations.

This game is basicaly Dragons Dogma Remake
ah yes because the defining features of Elden Ring and Tears of the Kingdom that lead to their massive roaring success was..... the dodge roll, and lock on mechanics. The pinnacle of combat game design and why TOTK is famous for having such good melee combat.

DavidGzz

ah yes because the defining features of Elden Ring and Tears of the Kingdom that lead to their massive roaring success was..... the dodge roll, and lock on mechanics. The pinnacle of combat game design and why TOTK is famous for having such good melee combat.

Yeah, I don't remember needing or missing lock on in Dragon's Dogma. It didn't need it for melee and I'm pretty sure it was automatic with some of the ranged spells like from the magic archer. Also didn't need or miss a roll since each class had abilities mapped to the face buttons for certain situations. It had amazing combat and DD2 seems to follow suit.

CamHostage

Fix your game before showing to the public that you want to sell it for. Wth?

I guess I sort of understand this protectiveness over "the fan's experience of the marketing", but...

As somebody who's spent maybe more time than actually playing games just thumbing through game magazines and reading websites and chatting on forums and combing through rumor mills for legit heads-up and futzing around at work trying to sneak some time into catching up on gaming news, it will never not be weird to me that people chatting on an enthusiast site will say, "No, do not offer me information."

Last edited:

Kumomeme

no melee lock on and no dodge roll..... if anyone is expecting that this game ll be huge for casuals like Elden Ring was, maybe is time to re-evaluate ur expectations.

This game is basicaly Dragons Dogma Remake
im tired of dodge roll mechanic. its like developers out there cant do melee combat without it lmao

edit: find right gif lol

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
im tired of dodge roll mechanic. its like developers out there cant do melee combat without it lmao

Ball Rolling GIF
Sekiro has no dodge roll, it has dodge step but its less of a dodging and more of side step, it has no I frame.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

Sekiro has no dodge roll, it has dodge step but its less of a dodging and more of side step, it has no I frame.
isnt it is called safety roll in the game?

however for Dragons Dogma, it is not the type of game where it is about player must need to read boss pattern and react based on reflex skill. it is the type of game where there is multiple way to tackle the enemy with flashy fun stunt and skills. get hit by monster few times is nothing (depend on the enemy ofcourse).

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
isnt it is called safety roll in the game?
Thats when your posture breaks, you have small window to roll to safety and that only works when your posture breaks at end of enemy/boss's combo, if you posture breaks early in middle of the combo, you are fucked.

This preview has me much more excited. The world building and exploring look fantastic. Combat still looks pretty janky but I can get over that if everything else is done well. And, In recent years, I have much more blind faith in Japanese developers curating a great open world compared to Western developers. At the very least, it will be very unique in its own way to separate it from other games

Portugeezer

This preview has me much more excited. The world building and exploring look fantastic. Combat still looks pretty janky but I can get over that if everything else is done well. And, In recent years, I have much more blind faith in Japanese developers curating a great open world compared to Western developers. At the very least, it will be very unique in its own way to separate it from other games

A glowing preview. Sounds very good.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
So it's even MORE amazing than I initially thought!

Ox Cart fast travel doesn't not take you where you want, but instead it takes you where it's currently headed to.

The more damage you take, the smaller your health bar becomes, forcing you to rest in camps or inns
And if you cook food in camp, there's the risk of attracting creatures!

This is how games should be designed!

but I still can't accept that it still looks like that old PS3 game.
Sorry but it looks NOTHING like the PS3 version other than the art direction.

When I first played the game back then, I had to deal with low resolution textures and black bars because the game had to run at a lower resolution.
I barely cared about the technical aspects issues because I was having so much fun with it.

I'd rather devs sacrifice graphics and focus on using the hardware for bringing us innovative and unique games.

Top Bottom