• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 says No Fast Travel can be a good thing" Travel is only an issue when your game is boring"

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I remember in the original making that trek way up there to like the most North Eastern corner of the map to that temple thing or ruins like on a peninsula or something to complete some quest and then return. I had to stock up on items, bring lanterns for night, it was fucking intense there were new monsters I hadnt encountered before all over the place. I dont remember exactly how the save system worked but I remember the stakes were real, like if I died i lost a lot of progress cause my asshole was puckered the whole time.

I barely made it back by the skin of my teeth and it felt like an epic journey like it was goddamn wrath of the titans or something. So I think hes got a point, it does create some memorable experiences if executed right. I mean it still sticks out all these years later.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

If DD2 brings RDR2 levels of dynamic events while traveling we are talking good shit, now If dont, fuck off, OG DD travel on foot was boring as hell.

Robb

Gold Member
Maybe if you can get from A to B extremely fast by using a mount or something, but I guess at that point it’d pretty much be the same thing as a fast travel option.. So I guess I disagree with him.

I guess you can add random/dynamic stuff so that some things change every time you re-tread an area, but I’d still not be interested in going through that same environment over and over again. If anything, going through the same area again and encountering new enemies I wouldn’t expect would be very annoying when I just want to go from A to B as fast as possible.

Renoir

I like the idea of Faster traveling. Give me a chocobo an airship horse… I want to explore . I don’t the world map to be empty either. Let me run into an Op boss, that wipe the party. Let me come back when I’m ready kill it and get a super weapon… something like that..

Top Bottom