• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama: Sweet Baby employees start fighting back against Steam curator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
via Niche Gamer

Individuals who work with Sweet Baby Inc. have begun striking back against the creator of the Sweet Baby Inc. Detected Steam curator.

The curation page is intended to inform users whether a game has relied on Sweet Baby’s “narrative consultation” service.

Critics of Sweet Baby believe that their mission of promoting inclusivity is done at the expense of a game’s narrative quality. Meanwhile the Sweet Baby employees criticize the curator for being ideologically motivated against “woke ppl” and have mocked the curator’s attempts to legitimize their work by avoiding “loaded language” and instead focusing on informing consumers.

chris-kindred-sweetbaby-3-1-2024-censored.jpg

Kindred also claims that the curator runs afoul of Steam’s Code of Conduct which says “interactions should not be abusive, disparaging, or inflammatory, nor create an environment that is unwelcoming”. However as stated previously, the curator has been tidying up their page in order to focus on informing consumers.

Kramer on the other hand, accuses the curator of being able to arbitrarily list any game they want as being involved with Sweet Baby and questions its accuracy and legitimacy. However the tweet has since received a community note which explains the curator uses Sweet Baby’s own website as a resource.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Just makes me happy they’re getting so much negative publicity.

Yesterday morning that Steam group was at 6000 something members, now it’s almost 30,000. Looks like it’s really starting to snowball.

Edit: here’s the group if you want to check it out, it’s closing in on 34,000 now

Last edited:

Deft Beck

If you want to fight back against a Steam curation group, why not the ones who lie to game developers to farm review codes and flip them on key reseller sites?

That would be a lot more productive than this culture war shit. Like Sweet Baby or not, it doesn't make for constructive discussion.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Good thing the games I play I dont think are Sweet Baby focused. And if they are, I havent noticed. It seems a lot of their work influences SP narratives, characters or cut scenes. I focus on dirt cheap card/board games on PC and COD TDM lately.

Again, this goes back to my point in the other thread. Everyone is treating this company like some larger than life boogeyman in the same vein as Blackrock Vanguard and Tencent. None of those other companies would go and cry on twitter. It's an ocean of difference.

He’s one of those that unironically ask, “gosh what does woke even mean?!”

He's making things worse, but he does have a point about the word woke. The definition of it needs to be more solid than it is because it continues to change depending upon who uses it.

Last edited:

Yoboman

This is good

I personally don't care if a game wants to have a woke message, but at least let it come from the writers own beliefs and not some corporate consultants embedding themselves into games nefariously

This will make it easier hopefully for Devs to say no to these shit heels

Hudo

People who lash out like this usually are themselves uncomfortable with what they're doing.

It's just a fucking curator on Steam. If that is already enough to trigger you and to try to "ban" discussion, then that tells me a lot about the work you're doing. Ergo: Fuck Sweet Baby Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom