• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Journalists stepped in to defend Sweet Baby Inc. after curator page went viral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Multiple gaming journalists over the past 24 hours have begun to address the Sweet Baby Inc. page drama, which went and is still going viral on the past week after brazilian player @Krabutus created a curator page to track down games in which the consultant company Sweet Baby Inc worked on. The Page went viral and is still growing, currently amassing over 210k players as the writing of this topic,

But instead of just reporting on the subject, big gaming news publication have published articles in defense of Sweet Baby Inc, despite controversy surrounding it's business pratices. Some big news gaming outlets have come in their defemse, such as eurogamer and PCGamer.

Here are some examples:

SxgLmHC.png
LAD7JWU.png

gsMdCC5.png
10tQBOH.jpeg

One a Follow up to the viral status of the whole debacle, moderators of the Steam Page have confirmed that Valve has reached to the creators which led to the community posts getting locked

ungalo

It's like video games writing was not like this before Sweet Baby lol. Frankly we don't even need to call out specific games made with a specific consulting company, because a large part of western gaming is like that anyway.

ProtoByte

"An industry standard that's been normal for years"
Because up until now it's been safely swept under the rug. I've known about this shit for ages - frankly, ever since Feminist Frequency (which got 100s of thousands of annual tax dollars to play protection racket with game studios) popped up, there's been a contingent of gamers who have known for almost a decade. But "Sweet Baby Inc" is just the sort of name that makes relative normals raise an eyebrow. Especially now.
Not normal because anyone sane agrees with it.

You want examples of what the industry thinks is normal?

GLAAD, Sarkeesian Corp/FemFreq and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head not included.

this whole thing is pathetic

I think babies crying about wokeness are dorks.
but I also find it funny that this list is causing a stir, I like to see the stupid interactions it has caused, enjoying the chaos.

let the dorks make their list, hire better writers is all. diversity needs to be done better.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Remember when eurogamer refused to cover Hogwarts legacy?

Those pathetic leeches ignored a game developer because of the IP’s association with a "transphobe" but will come to defend some shit company that doesn’t even make games and just forces in their moronic points of view.

QYViaeL_d.webp

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Remember when eurogamer refused to cover Hogwarts legacy?

Those pathetic leeches ignored a game developer because of the IP’s association with a "transphobe" but will come to defend some shot company that doesn’t even make games and just forces in their moronic points of view.

QYViaeL_d.webp

The only thing funnier than a meek person puffing their chest and making threats is an even meeker person being pushed to subservience out of fear of the former.

Guilty_AI

Don't forget: these are white americans getting mad at and trying to lecture a brazilian-made group on diversity and inclusion. Brazil is probably the most racially mixed country in the world, basically half of our population is some mix between white, black, natives and asians.

You can't demonstrate DEI anti-philosophy better than this.

Last edited:

Barakov

Multiple gaming journalists over the past 24 hours have begun to address the Sweet Baby Inc. page drama, which went and is still going viral on the past week after brazilian player @Krabutus created a curator page to track down games in which the consultant company Sweet Baby Inc worked on. The Page went viral and is still growing, currently amassing over 210k players as the writing of this topic,

But instead of just reporting on the subject, big gaming news publication have published articles in defense of Sweet Baby Inc, despite controversy surrounding it's business pratices. Some big news gaming outlets have come in their defemse, such as eurogamer and PCGamer.

Here are some examples:

SxgLmHC.png
LAD7JWU.png

gsMdCC5.png
10tQBOH.jpeg

One a Follow up to the viral status of the whole debacle, moderators of the Steam Page have confirmed that Valve has reached to the creators which led to the community posts getting locked
Donald Trump Head Shake GIF by Election 2016

These fuckers ain't fooling anybody. This is really shaping up to be Gamergate 2.0 like some are saying.

mystech

So tired of the words "conspiracy" and "anti woke" being used to shut down any debates and free thinking with these types of topics. It's basically telling people that if you don't agree, you are either a conspiracy theorists and therefore labeled as "crazy" or you are a "far right wing racist not job". Either way there seems to be this trend of calling people crazy if they don't agree with this agenda... and I'm saying this as a black man living in a very left leaning area so according to their mentality, I should be all over this shit! Of course this is nothing new and they have used "conspiracy" to discredit people before but it seems to be really racking up lately to the point that it becomes necessary to self censor in certain groups or settings.

If you live in the U.S. you already know this type of talk will only increase as we get closer to November and they try to make people as divided as possible. If you don't live in the U.S. well... I guess you get to enjoy the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom