• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam curator warns players if Sweet Baby is involved in a game

Solidus_T

Cause they are puritans and as bad as the ultra religious right wing nutjobs they supposedly stand against. (I'd argue they have an uncomfortable amount in common with more and more)

They don't want inclusion and there is nothing egalitarian nor for the good of everyone in their intent . They want their preferences codified as the dominant one in whatever industry they worm themselves into. They will lie and use any deceptve wording to gain more and more steps up that climb.

They want power for themselves. That's it.
SPOT ON. This is perhaps the defining feature of these types of people. They fancy themselves "left" yet stand, in most cases, against everything associated with it which is funny at times. If the writers, philosophers etc of the 20th century were around today, they would lump these people in with ultra religious right wingers. They like to LARP being part of some actual progressive movement, yet they channel repackaged, old reactionary puritan nonsense. The last line is the ultimate takeaway of these larpers. They are social climbers wearing a veneer of popular "we're fighting for you!" when they are really all in it for themselves.

Last edited:
I’m just getting caught up in the Ubisoft racist community manager with all the Star Wars Outlaws news coming out. Completely wild she is employed by them to engage with the community. More reason to a avoid Ubisoft games. This article and other YouTube videos cover it.

‘Star Wars Outlaws’ Community Manager Shauna Jones Appears To Have Animus Against White Men In Numerous Social Media Posts​

Star-Wars-Outlaws.png

Key art for Star Wars Outlaws (2024), Ubisoft
Shauna Jones, a Community Manager for Ubisoft, who is currently working on the upcoming Star Wars Outlaws game appears to have an animus against white men based on numerous posts to social media she has made.
SWO_Screenshots_MeetaCastofOutlaws_Wide_120623_815PMCEST.png

A screenshot from Star Wars Outlaws (2024), Ubisoft
As noted on her LinkedIn profile, Jones is based out of Newcastle in the United Kingdom and has worked at Ubisoft as a Community Representative and Community Manager for four years. Her profile notes she’s worked on Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, Just Dance, Riders Republic, Skull and Bones, Watchdogs Legion, Assassins Creed Valhalla, and Immortals Fenyx Rising.
She previously worked as Quality Control at Ubisoft Reflections for two years on The Division 2.
Shauna-Jones.png

Shauna Jones’ profile on LinkedIn
READ: Video Game Developers Reportedly Make Characters Androgynous To Cater To Transgenderism
As shared via screenshots to X by user Kooks12_, Jones posted back in January 2020, “If you’re a white dude complaining that diversity being raised is an issue … then people are going to keep raising the lack of diversity until we see change. That s**ts got to change man.”
In another post in September 2020, she wrote, “Love that if you say you’re trying to be more body positive, white men assume that you’re saying you’re fat and tell you to go to the gym B**** I’m a size 12 …. Being body positive has nothing to do with weight.”
She also wrote in July 2020, “Please don’t tell me gender isn’t an issue in the games industry when you are a white male. Diversity in general is an issue in the industry, I guess as a white male who is not always represented …. its easier to not know or see the misrepresentation in studios.”
She also criticized streamer Ninja for not teaching about “White Privilege” on his streams. She wrote in January 2021, “Ninja is boasting about his ‘white privilege’ by doing this. He has the potential to influence millions of kids and chooses to be a sack of beans. Use your platform for good if you have the opportunity. Don’t do a Ninja.”
Former World of Warcraft Team Lead Mark Kern, would share a number of other posts from Jones as well as these after she was brought to his attention.
In December 2020, she wrote, “Gamer BOYS ruin online games.”
In August 2022, she responded to a post about Allan Cudicio claiming he was mistaken for a waiter at Gamescom. Jones posted, “This is shameful behaviour. Proof that we can’t make the games industry a safe and inclusive space when the higher ups don’t understand the importance of diversity and are all middle aged white guys.”
ScoundrelDuo_Final_Wide_NoLogo.avif

Key art for Star Wars Outlaws (2024), Ubisoft
READ: ‘The Crew Motorfest’ Added To Sweet Baby Inc. Detected Steam List After Being Featured On Sweet Baby Inc.’s Website
In January 2019, she took issue with Days Gone writing, “I’m enjoying playing Days Gone but at the same time, the lack of diversity really upsets me.”
She added in a response to another user, “Like even the camps are full of white people.”
SWO_ConceptArt_Kijimi.avif

Concept art for Star Wars Outlaws (2024), Ubisoft
She also took issue with gamers back in 2017, “I know the industry itself is maturing, but the gamers … man they need to sort themselves out :(
In 2019, she also posted “Yay !! Diversity finally. No more middle aged white men.”
Since Kern’s post, Jones has protected her account on X. Nevertheless, these posts appear to indicate that Jones has held animus against white males for quite a number of years and clearly views diversity as anti-white.
This is not unheard of Emily Goldstein at Thought Catalog back in 2015 made it abundantly clear that that is exactly what the word means. In an article titled, “Yes, Diversity Is About Getting Rid Of White People (And That’s A Good Thing),” Goldstein wrote, “One of the more common memes that I’ve seen white supremacists spread around recently has been ‘diversity is a code word for white genocide’. The concept here is that diversity is only promoted in white nations, and that the end goal is to eliminate white people altogether by flooding all white countries with non-white people until there are no white people left. Well, guess what, white supremacists? That’s exactly right. Diversity IS about getting rid of white people, and that’s a good thing.”
She even concludes the article writing, “So, yes, white supremacists: diversity is indeed white genocide. And white genocide is exactly what the world needs more than anything else.”
You think miss goldstein considers herself white? Very cool, thanks!

Boneless

Not only nintendo, from reeeee:

FF7 Rebirth has multiple gay NPC relationships and there's homosexuality basically all over the game in terms of flamboyance, queer expression, etc.

The original was already full of this, it executed cross dressing exceptionally well.

I am not at all against gay, trans or whatever you want to put in a game, just make sure it fits, it has character, rather than forcing it in there. TV is the same, changing key traits related to appearance for snow white, the mermaid and cleopatra is not the way. Even worse, it polarises the audience. Creating new IP with strong characters, whatever the race or sexuality? Hell yes!

It is riskier to do this now - if Outlaws is great, all well and good - if it ends up a disaster like Suicide Squad, they are all getting fired - as people will blame the time wasted on stuff like this.

laynelane

Didn't realize he started a second channel devoted to gaming. This is pretty good, although he goes over territory most of us are already familiar with.

I liked his point that masculinity and femininity are different paths to the same goal - one is not inherently weaker than the other. It definitely jives with how misguided it is to strip male and female characters of their natural traits and try to pass that off as a 'strong' character. I also liked that he brought up that all throughout this war some developers and consulting companies (community managers, etc.) are waging on male gamers - female gamers also exist and are also being equally ignored in what they want to see. Hopefully, he and others continue to speak up with this sort of thoughtful analysis.

Last edited:

makaveli60

They want to destroy anything someone else gets joy from. Misery loves company.
Yep, and it’s so insidiously evil what the media and the whole system do with these people as instead of actually helping them (because yes, they need help) they actually encourage them in their delusion and going deeper and deeper into negativity. But I’m getting out of the bounds of this topic, so whatever

StueyDuck

and this is deemed by modern wokeys as a good person?

maybe I'm just strange but I've never wanted to take anything from anyone. Maybe i would have wanted the same thing like the lambo some jackass is driving, but never have i felt the need to take something from someone else and also feel joy in that.

I just don't see how someone reads that tweet and thinks wow i agree, or what a hero.

RagnarokIV

and this is deemed by modern wokeys as a good person?

maybe I'm just strange but I've never wanted to take anything from anyone. Maybe i would have wanted the same thing like the lambo some jackass is driving, but never have i felt the need to take something from someone else and also feel joy in that.

I just don't see how someone reads that tweet and thinks wow i agree, or what a hero.

Poof internet coward. If they acted like this in real life, they’d be picking their teeth up.

And they know it, I bet they’d shut the fuck up and move on if someone took their table at a restaurant because they’re too fragile for confrontation.

Lethal01

Did you notice the various blackface hylians from totk or them race bending characters in the style savvy and another code games? It hasn't been as egregious as Sony but Nintendo has been headed this way for some time.

Black Hylians are a normal thing

kunonabi

Capcom (of all studios) having their BudLight moment. Welp, another studio to add to the blacklist.

Capcom has been pushing the weird gender shit alot lately, just look at SF6 not to mention the stuff with the drag queens and the sphere hunter dude. I expect things to just get worse on their end honestly. I think they'll get away with it though since their games are super well received again.

Lambogenie

Capcom have been diverse since forever but used stereotypes (which I was never offended by for ones I'm supposed to be).

I can accept puns needing some adapting, but so often other elements are changed. Stripping out gendered language is fucking dumb, as an example. So much ends up changing characters too because they tried so hard to match a vibe and still missed.

This whole thing to appeal to another culture isn't why I was appealed, that's what I find hilarious.

The annoying thing is a lot of these localisers are super down for this dumb trend, and a lot of them hop around different publishers through a primary agency, so you will never avoid this.

Time will tell if consumers want it this way. Personally, I don't.

Drell

Did you notice the various blackface hylians from totk or them race bending characters in the style savvy and another code games? It hasn't been as egregious as Sony but Nintendo has been headed this way for some time.
But isn't it the kind of diversity we've said we're striving for? Like having people of every races, colors, gender and/or sexual orientation blending with the universe and not "in your face"? I haven't play Totk yet so I can't really pronounce myself on that precise example but I remember Botw also had some "diversity" and it wasn't annoying at all.

I'm completely against the sweet baby bullshit especially after they said they were forcing their way into some studios and also because some of their employes are pure racists. But maybe should we also look at ourselves and stop crying as soon as some characters in the background are not white, because that would be playing the same game as these degenerates.

kunonabi

But isn't it the kind of diversity we've said we're striving for? Like having people of every races, colors, gender and/or sexual orientation blending with the universe and not "in your face"? I haven't play Totk yet so I can't really pronounce myself on that precise example but I remember Botw also had some "diversity" and it wasn't annoying at all.

I'm completely against the sweet baby bullshit especially after they said they were forcing their way into some studios and also because some of their employes are pure racists. But maybe should we also look at ourselves and stop crying as soon as some characters in the background are not white, because that would be playing the same game as these degenerates.
The SF6 presenter is one thing but having the women's clothing modeled on the male body instead of the female one is pretty in your face.

BotW was fine, as far as I remember anyway, but totk has some hylians in blackface that look really lazy and out of place especially when the world has an organically diverse populace to start with. It's not a big deal especially compared to some of Nintendo's other race bending but it is something they have been doing is all. As long as they don't go censorship crazy like they did at the tail end of the Wii U's life span i don't really care personally. Although l suppose we'll see what happens with Paper Mario.

Capcom have been diverse since forever but used stereotypes (which I was never offended by for ones I'm supposed to be).

I can accept puns needing some adapting, but so often other elements are changed. Stripping out gendered language is fucking dumb, as an example. So much ends up changing characters too because they tried so hard to match a vibe and still missed.

This whole thing to appeal to another culture isn't why I was appealed, that's what I find hilarious.

The annoying thing is a lot of these localisers are super down for this dumb trend, and a lot of them hop around different publishers through a primary agency, so you will never avoid this.

Time will tell if consumers want it this way. Personally, I don't.
It's why when there was a big uproar from the localizers (more like LOLcalizers) regarding AI translation, most people had little sympathy for them. Who knows if AI translation will take over and if so, when, but I can tell you for sure very little tears will be shed.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
They're not wrong though. Everything's too far gone. It's best to just not buy it.

Games, films and other media will come from normal sources, but as for the old things we all loved? Yeah, they're dead, taken over by these lunatics.

We just need to move on, as crap as it is.
Fight back. Don’t roll over and take it in the ass.

You want to see change? Then people need to fight for it.

Last edited:

nush

They're not wrong though. Everything's too far gone. It's best to just not buy it.

Games, films and other media will come from normal sources, but as for the old things we all loved? Yeah, they're dead, taken over by these lunatics.
There's a backlog of quality games/movies/TV/books that you would not be able to enjoy if that's all you did for 24 hours a day for the rest of your life. New stuff is shit, you don't need it.

Guilty_AI

We just need to move on, as crap as it is.
Old stuff is still there, lots of franchises died or rotted over time now and in the past but that doesn't stop you from enjoying what it once was and what it inspired.

Plenty of new, different things to see and enjoy too.

Dr.Morris79

Star Wars. Dei'd
Marvel. Dei'd
Pixar. Dei'd
Comics in general. Dei'd
Gaming, most western devs. Dei'd.
Microsoft. Dei'd.
Sony. Dei'd (ish..)
Most films these days. Dei'd.
BBC. Dei'd.

The list is endless!

You can't fight this, we just have to not buy in, hope they tank, then hope normality comes back in some form. But as it is, most institutions are indoctrinated.

That's why they're correct in the Tweet.

There's a backlog of quality games/movies/TV/books that you would not be able to enjoy if that's all you did for 24 hours a day for the rest of your life. New stuff is shit, you don't need it.
Aye, I'm saying most new things put forward are rubbish. The I.P's are being trashed by whatever weirdness we're witnessing

It seems these things have all been infected at once by a group that read from the same script.

It's all very odd and looks to be planned by something or someone. There is no way every I.P could become this infected on the off chance. It's all very hivemind when you hear what these Devs/community managers/film stars/media etc are actually saying..

Where is it coming from, and why?

I find it all very strange.

Dr.Morris79

Old stuff is still there, lots of franchises died or rotted over time now and in the past but that doesn't stop you from enjoying what it once was and what it inspired.

Plenty of new, different things to see and enjoy too.
True. Isn't it odd though that most franchises are being destroyed in this way en masse?

It now looks like Warhammer is next. Isn't that odd and totally out of the blue?

This is all on purpose.

But why?

Guilty_AI

True. Isn't it odd though that most franchises are being destroyed in this way en masse?

It now looks like Warhammer is next. Isn't that odd and totally out of the blue?

This is all on purpose.

But why?
We're living in quite a peak time for entertainment. Cinema saw it in the last decade and gaming saw it during covid.

Such times always invite death and rot not long afterwards, after all many people who just don't care about these franchises and only want part of the pie manage to worm their way in, while others simply don't know how to ride the wave and faze out.

Good news is, times like these always inspire new blood who actually care about things other than themselves.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

The best way you can 'fight back' against a company or a product that company makes, is to not consume that product, and find something else to enjoy.

Whining on social media is not fighting back against anything. The only thing these companies care about is your money. Stop giving it to them. Stop engaging with them. Go do something else that makes you happy.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The best way you can 'fight back' against a company or a product that company makes, is to not consume that product, and find something else to enjoy.

Whining on social media is not fighting back against anything. The only thing these companies care about is your money. Stop giving it to them. Stop engaging with them. Go do something else that makes you happy.

When did I ever say to buy their product? You need to let your voice be heard in addition to a boycott. By not doing so, they will try something else in a similar vein to what they did before if the product didn’t sell well, or come to the wrong conclusion.

FunkMiller

When did I ever say to buy their product? You need to let your voice be heard in addition to a boycott. By not doing so, they will try something else in a similar vein to what they did before if the product didn’t sell well, or come to the wrong conclusion.

Nope. There is no 'making your voice heard'. They don't give a shit. They will never give a shit. Unless you have a platform big enough to deter others (very few do) from purchasing the product, you are screaming pointlessly into a void.

The only thing they ever care about is how many products they sell. If they sell lots, they'll continue with whatever they've been doing, no matter how much people scream about it on social media.

My biggest frustration in gaming and popular culture in general is when I see people complaining about wokeness and their favourite franchises being ruined... and yet they still continue to consume and discuss those franchises.

Move on. Find something else. Either the thing you love will come back to you, or it's dead to you.

Doctor Who, for instance. I adored that show from the age of 8.

Haven't watched it, or engaged with it in many years. It either succeeds with the new audience it's targeting or it dies. Either way, I'm not wasting my time moaning about it.

Last edited:

BigBeauford

Nope. There is no 'making your voice heard'. They don't give a shit. They will never give a shit. Unless you have a platform big enough to deter others (very few do) from purchasing the product, you are screaming pointlessly into a void.

The only thing they ever care about is how many products they sell. If they sell lots, they'll continue with whatever they've been doing, no matter how much people scream about it on social media.

My biggest frustration in gaming and popular culture in general is when I see people complaining about wokeness and their favourite franchises being ruined... and yet they still continue to consume and discuss those franchises.

Move on. Find something else. Either the thing you love will come back to you, or it's dead to you.

Haven't watched it, or engaged with it in many years. It either succeeds with the new audience it's targeting or it dies. Either way, I'm not wasting my time moaning about it.

Fighting back can also look like creating a steam curation group and sparking a movement that eventually leads to eyeballs on it from prominent streamers and even Elon Musk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom