• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama: Sweet Baby employees start fighting back against Steam curator

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the reason why these quotas and forced diversity is stupid. Imagine the people at Sweet Baby thinking that just because there are any white people in a game and BAM we are represented. I never felt any connection with these bald american space marines but I don't care. Heck, I feel closer to a japanese persona's protagonist because they're living a school life, something I did too, even if it's not really close. If I may add, that's even racist toward black people: "Look we have a black spiderman and we have people of color all around the city!" Do they really think that a black person outside of america living in a totally different culture really feel represented just because he's black? And I'm not saying that Spiderman, which happens to take place in New York suddently needs to have people from all the countries around the world, but simply that skin color is absolutely nothing in a person identity.

Let's do have diversity, yes, but let's do it smartly: Give these characters some qualities, some flaws, a background, some motivations and maybe everyone will be able to identify to something in these persons whatever their skin color is.
yep. not only have I never felt any connection either, i've also been embarrassed on behalf of anyone who actually does...

Bout to hit 80K.

OAN53n.gif

Nickolaidas

I suppose. tho just a bit juvenile, eh?...
Not any different from grown men and women role-playing about being clerics and paladins and delving inside dungeons to kill monsters.

Depends on how much cringe tolerance you have, and how much you are embracing your inner child.

I get your point though, don't worry. XD

Fredrik

Can’t unsee the Sweet Baby Inc influence in Starfield after reading about their agenda. There is like 2% white citizens in the big cities (I have video proof), zero women with classic feminine looks and traits, story characters with same sex partners are always highlighted, many powerful positions are held by women. It’s all western gender/race/lbtq politics, maybe it’s the whole western gaming industry that is broken but I choose to think it’s SBI’s fault for now. I can say this, if the game was from the east it would 100% not be like that.
As usual modders can fix some of it. Yet another reason to go over to PC.

Proving my working theory correct once again. SA goons were bullies through 'ironic' racism in the early 2000s. Some of the biggest names there are now ultra woke, simply because it allows them to be bullies now. They are not racist or woke, they are simply bullies. They use whatever ideology gives them that power. They believe in nothing but bullying.

Some of the biggest meme names on Twitter have internet histories they must be moving heaven and earth to scrub.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Can’t unsee the Sweet Baby Inc influence in Starfield after reading about their agenda. There is like 2% white citizens in the big cities (I have video proof), zero women with classic feminine looks and traits, story characters with same sex partners are always highlighted, many powerful positions are held by women. It’s all western gender/race/lbtq politics, maybe it’s the whole western gaming industry that is broken but I choose to think it’s SBI’s fault for now. I can say this, if the game was from the east it would 100% not be like that.
As usual modders can fix some of it. Yet another reason to go over to PC.
189Nc6h.jpg

While the title is ultra cringe (KKK? Seriously?), the point is that indeed, there have been modders who saw the ultra focus on a specific race and made a mod about it. You won't find that on nexus, though. Try Based Mods or some other mod site.

Won't surprise me at all if Elder Scrolls 6 is based on the province of the Redguards in order for Bethesda to have a narrative 'excuse' in having 90% of the NPCs you meet being black, and the players not being able to call it pandering. Personally I wouldn't mind it since that would be a legit reason in such a case to have a large black cast. Doesn't break lore, doesn't break narrative ... so it would be fine.

Fredrik

189Nc6h.jpg

While the title is ultra cringe (KKK? Seriously?), the point is that indeed, there have been modders who saw the ultra focus on a specific race and made a mod about it. You won't find that on nexus, though. Try Based Mods or some other mod site.

Won't surprise me at all if Elder Scrolls 6 is based on the province of the Redguards in order for Bethesda to have a narrative 'excuse' in having 90% of the NPCs you meet being black, and the players not being able to call it pandering. Personally I wouldn't mind it since that would be a legit reason in such a case to have a large black cast. Doesn't break lore, doesn't break narrative ... so it would be fine.
Yeah I know mods are useful. But removing all colored people is going too far at the other direction. Just keep it naturally mixed. It shouldn’t feel like you found a unicorn when you see a white person. And no women with any extra flesh unless they’re fat is pissing me off. I have all the ”shapely” mods installed. No shame.

I’d really like to see what actual impact they have on a game and how much they cost. Why do companies need advice on sticking a non binary here, furry there, de-emasculated whitey here, can’t be that hard.

Because their woke grifter DEI officers on the board of directors gaslit them into thinking that only minorities are able to tell authentic stories representing minorities' "lived experience"; despite literal decades of talented white writers writing complex and interesting characters of all genders, ethnicities, and sexualities.

Nickolaidas

Yeah I know mods are useful. But removing all colored people is going too far at the other direction. Just keep it naturally mixed. It shouldn’t feel like you found a unicorn when you see a white person. And no women with any extra flesh unless they’re fat is pissing me off. I have all the ”shapely” mods installed. No shame.
Agreed - this mod is definitely a 'want to piss the wokies off' mod if nothing else. Since Starfield is supposed to be based on the humanity that was on Earth, or at least resemble it, black people should be about 25-30% of the NPCs.

Agreed - this mod is definitely a 'want to piss the wokies off' mod if nothing else. Since Starfield is supposed to be based on the humanity that was on Earth, or at least resemble it, black people should be about 25-30% of the NPCs.

Black people make up more like 15 - 17% of the global population; i.e. 1.2b on the African Continent + Caribbean, US, and those living in the diaspora.

If it wanted to truly reflect the global population, a third would be Chinese and another third Indian.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’d really like to see what actual impact they have on a game and how much they cost. Why do companies need advice on sticking a non binary here, furry there, de-emasculated whitey here, can’t be that hard.
Considering they are probably selling themselves as a golden ticket to boost ESG score and attract the BlackRock billions it wouldn’t surprise me if they are charging £300k plus per project.

Nickolaidas

Considering they are probably selling themselves as a golden ticket to boost ESG score and attract the BlackRock billions it wouldn’t surprise me if they are charging £300k plus per project.
I wonder how sustainable that model is for Blackrock. I mean, they have billions to burn, right? Why don't they give more money to video game publishers and developers to ensure that they will keep making the games Blackrock wants to push?

Or are Blackrock's resources as vast as I think they are?

Or maybe they're just cheap shits and don't want to give that much money and think that just a little boost will be enough to make the publishers their bitches?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
i mean i dont understand why its happening now, dei consultancy in videogames began 10 years ago and it's got to the point gamedevs are hiring dei consultors as inhouse employees instead of using external companies.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I wonder how sustainable that model is for Blackrock. I mean, they have billions to burn, right? Why don't they give more money to video game publishers and developers to ensure that they will keep making the games Blackrock wants to push?

Or maybe they're just cheap shits and don't want to give that much money and think that just a little boost will be enough to make the publishers their bitches?
BlackRock aren’t specifically interested in gaming. They hold $10t in assets. Vanguard have $8t worth. They use ESG as a measurement tool to see who is worthy of their investment. It’s why companies publish an annual ESG statement, I read Microsoft’s 2023 report where they parade the number of minorities/women employed and in leadership positions. It’s even important to the trillion dollar corps because BlackRock and Vanguard are always the largest corporate stockholders. For companies creating media e.g gaming they also have to incorporate this doctrine.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

i mean i dont understand why its happening now, dei consultancy in videogames began 10 years ago and it's got to the point gamedevs are hiring dei consultors as inhouse employees instead of using external companies.
It got to a ridiculous point that it's now affecting the lore in IPs and the characters people grew up loving. Also, the people causing this have become utterly shameless and bold in stating their agenda and their hatred. The lunatics have taken over the asylum and are banging their chests, proclaiming complete, utter victory.

And we're tired of pretending that we're ok with it.

Lambogenie

Because their woke grifter DEI officers on the board of directors gaslit them into thinking that only minorities are able to tell authentic stories representing minorities' "lived experience"; despite literal decades of talented white writers writing complex and interesting characters of all genders, ethnicities, and sexualities.
Writers of all backgrounds have been writing characters also of various backgrounds, successfully, for ages.

This whole, only write, speak or act what you are is absurd. Don't make a blatant mockery, but general creative stuff? Have at it. If you can convince me you're Indian/Black/a fatty and do it well, cool.

Furthermore, this also extends to the cultural appropriation crap. Wear dreads. Wear a chongbak. Wear a sombrero. Few who "live" those experiences (not the western washed kids of immigrants) give a shit.

Banjo64

cumsessed

Glad I sold my Xbox and PS and won’t be looking back. This is a terrible indication of these games writing and character quality.

The fact that PS used them for Spider-Man, GoW, Ratchet and Horizon and they want to continue using them is hugely concerning to me. None of those games were well written, and SBI definately made that worse.

Nickolaidas

BlackRock aren’t specifically interested in gaming. They hold $10t in assets. Vanguard have $8t worth. They use ESG as a measurement tool to see who is worthy of their investment. It’s why companies publish an annual ESG statement, I read Microsoft’s 2023 report where they parade the number of minorities/women employed and in leadership positions. It’s even important to the trillion dollar corps because BlackRock and Vanguard are always the largest corporate stockholders. For companies creating media e.g gaming they also have to incorporate this doctrine.
Yeah, but if Blackrock doesn't bail out the publishers who don't sell their games to the public because they get worse and worse due to talentless employees and woke messaging that more and more people ignore and as a result said companies are about to go bankrupt, won't Blackrock be left with no publishers to carry on with Blackrock's messaging? Ergo, it is in Blackrock's interest to bail out these companies to ensure that they keep being their mouthpieces.

Nickolaidas

Glad I sold my Xbox and PS and won’t be looking back. This is a terrible indication of these games writing and character quality.

The fact that PS used them for Spider-Man, GoW, Ratchet and Horizon and they want to continue using them is hugely concerning to me. None of those games were well written, and SBI definately made that worse.

Which is why I am 100% certain that Wolverine will be cucked and replaced with X23 by the end of the second game, if Insomniac ever manages to make it.

Tangerine

What if it's no accident. What if it's end game time and everything we love/hold dear has to be destroyed in order to further demoralise the population making us weaker. It's to create divisions amongst us. Divided we fight each other and not the people at the top of the pyramid. Out of the ashes and chaos the new WEF world order can be born, but first the current world needs to end. They openly tell us their vision for the future by the way.

If you can't entertain this idea as at least a possibility you are ignorant of current world events and are either in an echo chamber or simply uninterested enough to learn more, in my opinion.

Very little America is currently engaged in is helping Americans, rather the opposite, that's not accidental.

Anyway, I joined the steam group. I wonder if any gaming news sites will talk about it if it reaches 100k.

I read today that NRS and WB used these shitstains in MK1 also
Dude go to mk1 it's hillarious how retarded people are over there. I saw one post someone suggest to give Mileena her mk9 revealing outfit and people of course piled up on guy calling Gim "sexist incel!111 go talk to rl wymyn!11" yet every other day there's a thread about male skin with no shirt upvoted to oblivion with comment like "yeah gay daddy i want to lick you im so horny" xD

Needed to vent here because i'm permabanned from Reddit lmao

Jozzer

Banned
What if it's no accident. What if it's end game time and everything we love/hold dear has to be destroyed in order to further demoralise the population making us weaker. It's to create divisions amongst us. Divided we fight each other and not the people at the top of the pyramid. Out of the ashes and chaos the new WEF world order can be born, but first the current world needs to end. They openly tell us their vision for the future by the way.

If you can't entertain this idea as at least a possibility you are ignorant of current world events and are either in an echo chamber or simply uninterested enough to learn more, in my opinion.

Very little America is currently engaged in is helping Americans, rather the opposite, that's not accidental.

Anyway, I joined the steam group. I wonder if any gaming news sites will talk about it if it reaches 100k.
Bingo. This is exactly what is happening.

Some people can't figure out why these companies keep doing it if they're losing money. Well, its because its not about money.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
They should have killed him. You can bring him back for the sequel with some mystical mumbo jumbo.

spock_death.jpg
Now you see these murals were for Odin to see to lie to him!!!! And to lie to Destiny and Atreus and angrboda are lesbians!!!!!!!!

Chastten

Banned
I don't care about them either way as I don't think I'd ever play the kind of games they're involved in, but this seems to be the wrong way to go about it as a professional company.

Oh, just checked, there's one game I'm mildy interested in, which is Shadow Gambit: the Cursed Crew

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It got to a ridiculous point that it's now affecting the lore in IPs and the characters people grew up loving. Also, the people causing this have become utterly shameless and bold in stating their agenda and their hatred. The lunatics have taken over the asylum and are banging their chests, proclaiming complete, utter victory.

And we're tired of pretending that we're ok with it.
It’s nuts. Characters exists to be lgbt or woke rather than for the sake of good character of good story.
Let writers write story and world. Not some woke consulting firm

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

That wolverine game has every same sign as ratchet and gow ragnarok had.
You are forced to play as someone else who is very uninteresting and is there to fit the inclusivity.
Nobody wanted to play as Atreus. Nobody wanted female ratchet. I am not saying they couldn’t be well done but we know why they are there.
And these games often gets balls cut off meaning smaller boobs, females are less feminine and stronger over others, less blood, less cursing and the positivity message puked all around. Just soulless.
Don’t even get me started on Alan wake 2. It still retains tons of originality but sweet baby did a number on that game too.

Fredrik

It’s far out in the future so the population could’ve changed but I’ve read most history texts and they never say that traditional white people almost got extinct, so maybe they could show that among citizens.

You can find them among service people though, in stores and medical centers etc. But they’re almost never seen among the city people. It’s just strange.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
I wondering if SBI or similar groups have influence on tv and movies as well.

I'm a huge Halo fan and don't hate all of the TV series but am kinda getting tired of this whole Master Chief has feelings and is constantly in a struggle getting to understand himself.

My view on the Master Chief is that he is meant to be the ultimate soilder. The show does show this a little but I feel like 80% of it is just about Spartans and their emotions....

I've never read any books on Halo and wonder if they focused on stuff like that...

boo

Gold Member
I wonder if any companies would be interested in coming out before their game is released and state that their game will be not woke and will not include ESG. The women will look pretty and feminine. The men will look and act like normal masculine men. Just a thought, it could help on sales.

Last edited:

Scotty W

Gold Member

In the short term, some losses are forgivable, because those losers are simply the price paid for social engineering.

A little later but not far off. Certainly not outside the realm of possibility that it was an offshoot of the crazies there, because it got entirely co-opted.
There is a fairly common conspiracy theory that the elites started pushing woke after getting scared during Occupy. I suspect it is partially true, though having been in university before that, the ground was definitely prepared long before Occupy. But, IF the theory is true, it is interesting to see what might have been an actual policy change in the wild.
That looks like how leftists think racists talk. I have seen many racists on 4chan, but I have never seen someone shill the KKK.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
There is a fairly common conspiracy theory that the elites started pushing woke after getting scared during Occupy.

The answer is much simpler: the left in america lost the culture war and as such traditional poor/rich, worker/owenr dynamics are no longer actionable. Woke however does get traction and for corpos its acceptable since it doesnt impact them like taxes or regulations.

We all know it's about African Americans nobody cares about Chinese or Indians.
Asians like Chinese and Indians aren't treated as "real minorities" in the eyes of everyone in the US. We're too socially and economically successful and harm the narrative of oppression built around minority groups in this country, so we are largely ignored except when colleges and universities like Harvard decide there are too many of us in their student body and set quotas to keep our numbers down.

I suppose. tho just a bit juvenile, eh?...
That's called "play". You have fun by being juvanile. You do adulting to make a living, but you don't do adulting for fun. You do childish things because that is what you enjoy.

And gaming in particular is special because you can harmlessly let off steam. You can play a bank robbery simulator, a playboy breaking hearts, or a war fantasy with no consequences. That is why they are fun. You can do what you can't do as a human, in a controlled environment. If you want to do adult things, you better be paid to do them. i certainly wouldn't do MY day job for free.

Games though, i will pay to play them. That is the difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom