• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dyack: "NeoGAF...I would say is probably the worst forum." Response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

itxaka

Defeatist
Jinfash said:
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

GAF is a 40,000 community! Denis is but one person!!! DO YOU HONESTLY SUGGEST THAT EVERY ONE OF THOSE 40000 SHOULD GROW UP? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY OF THOSE 40000 ARE LITERALLY KIDS?

ALL IT TOOK TO END THIS IS FOR ONE PERSON TO GROW UP AND IT'S DYACK SO EVERYONE WHO'S TRYING TO CALL GAF AS "ONE PERSON" AND PLACE BLAME ON THEM SHOULD SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

And the meltdowns continue..

Someone to be this affected for an internet discussion and banning is not right on his head I swear.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Guy Legend said:
Agreed. I think the 1up guys handled the segment pretty well....and it was entertaining to hear once. You don't be rude or just shut up a guest.

Guests with any sort of tact don't go on a show to take it over in order to rant. It may be rude to shut up a guest in some context, but it's even ruder for a guest to "fuck yo couch."

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jinfash said:

GAF is a 40,000 community! Denis is but one person!!! DO YOU HONESTLY SUGGEST THAT EVERY ONE OF THOSE 40000 SHOULD GROW UP? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY OF THOSE 40000 ARE LITERALLY KIDS?

ALL IT TOOK TO END THIS IS FOR ONE PERSON TO GROW UP AND IT'S DYACK SO EVERYONE WHO'S TRYING TO CALL GAF AS "ONE PERSON" AND PLACE BLAME ON THEM SHOULD SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!
:lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Jinfash said:

whoa, chill out dude.

[edit] well it certainly looked like a meltdown!

Jinfash said:

:lol You do that avatar proud.

MrHicks

Banned
ari.gif

someone paste evilore's head one the "get the fuck out guy" and dyack's head on the other one

i would do it myself but my skills don't go farther then paint
someone DO IIIIIIIIT!!!

AFreak

Banned
Solideliquid said:
Wat. You insult the man for making a game you don't like. Have you played the full game (Demo and pre-release reviews are not representative of the full game)?

Also isn't that his very point? You can come on here and call him a twat (which is really just juvenile) and there isn't any penalty/consequence.

Just to point out, I haven't really read Dyack's posts on here, just going by what the OP said.

I don't have to play a barbie horse adventure game to realize it's shit, and I don't have to do it with Too Human either.

skip said:
no disagreement there. if we had known then, etc.

I don't think we should blame 1up for that. When people want to talk, they will talk. If I was giving the interview, the only thing you might have heard from me was "huh?" at the end.

Branduil

Jinfash said:

All I was trying to say was this whole thing could have been headed off at an early juncture if ALL PARTIES involved had behaved in a fashion where they assumed the best of the other's intentions and weren't so stubbornly resistant to any and all criticism.

I wasn't calling out any one person or event because this was the result of a build-up of months upon months of fighting.

Ranger X

AstroLad said:
I've stayed pretty quiet, but one of the things that annoys me about these threads is that the concept being "owned" is treated like some kind of a joke. That is typical loser-mentality BS. Just like if you kicked someone's ass in a debate IRL, if someone gets owned (using the term to refer to online debates/flamewars) that is far more than just a joke, it has substantive merit to it.
All I'll say on the matter.

This thread is just another showing about how great the internet is. No matter how you spin it, the internet is the best reflection of oneself. Basically it tells exactly where people are in maturity and respect. Gives an idea of how their own mind would fare if they had to really control their lives in anarchy.
Makes me think how low and immature most people are and how is it obvious and mandatory to have rules everywhere in order to create the more peace possible.

Anyhow, you and the Dyak comment (or was it skip?) you made realise again how people are not "changed" on the internet but showing their true self.

Xrenity

otake said:
what!? they never talk about games. all they talk about is the fucking wire.
If there's no games to talk about they'll do some off-topic discussion.

Next ep will have some Crysis iirc and ep before last had warhammer.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Cheeto said:
Yeah, so lets abolish free speech on the Internet because some people get butt-hurt over anonymous internet critics.

I don't think anyone's butt hurt, it's just that Dyack was acting like a pussy and taking shots at GAF in other places. He should have came here and confronted GAF himself.

If he truly thinks that GAF is the worst forum on the net, then it looks like him getting banned works out for both sides.

Although I still don't understand why he was giving GAF so much attention and time if he thinks this is such a terrible place.

Plus, GAF is a privately owned forum. Like every other forum on the net, complete freedom of speech doesn't exist here.

I'm just happy that I was here, on NeoGAF, when this all went down. Years from now, I'll be sitting on my rocking chair with my grandchildren upon my lap, and I'll be able to tell them that - "I was there..."

Jinfash said:

taking this a little too seriously are we?

Duke Togo

I AM JOHN! said:
Whether or not you agree with the banning, there's better ways to ban him, like not making a thread about how much Dyack hurt your feelings and offended you, thus fueling the fires even more. If you're going to take a "stand" against someone you think is childishly and unfairly attacking your forums, you can do so without looking like a fucking child yourself.

But no, instead we have this mockery of a thread.
Dyack has the luxury of talking shit about the forum through the gaming media. As such, this thread is not only an appropriate response, but a necessary one.

Onemic

I don't know how anyone can say that dyack is a victim in all of this. The guy outright attacked Gaf calling it the worst forum and asking for its closure. If someone else did the same thing they would be banned in less than a heartbeat. The fact that dyacks been on the this GAF tirade for so long, insulting it whenever he can, and hasn't been banned until now is amazing.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
well done -- it was nasty to see dyack in that undeserved sanctuary thread shamelessly pitching his game to the 'for' group of guinea pigs he so recently savaged on that moronic podcast. banning him is a fine first step. but you know what you must now do. you must REINSTATE THE FAT JOKES. calling people fat when we disagree with them is an invaluable rhetorical tool that was taken from us simply because ninthings couldn't use it responsibly. there are all sorts of unpleasant people in the videogame industry BEING FAT WITH TOTAL IMPUNITY AT THIS VERY MOMENT

sp0rsk said:
Guests with any sort of tact don't go on a show to take it over in order to rant. It may be rude to shut up a guest in some context, but it's even ruder for a guest to "fuck yo couch."

It is still Dyack's mistake there, nothing wrong on the part of skip and the others on 1upyours.

Maybe when Dyack is on gafcast it can be handled a bit differently.

itxaka

Defeatist
AFreak said:
I don't have to play a barbie horse adventure game to realize it's shit, and I don't have to do it with Too Human either.

Shit for you rigth? The game being oriented to childs and such could have something to do with that.

But well, I see where you are going to, you don't have to play a game or even see any videos to catalogue it. You are probably losing a lot of good games is that is what you do normally my friend.

I don't know how anyone can say that dyack is a victim in all of this. The guy outright attacked Gaf calling it the worst forum and asking for its closure. If someone else did the same thing they would be banned in less than a heartbeat. The fact that dyacks been on the this GAF tirade for so long, insulting it whenever he can, and hasn't been banned until now is amazing.

:lol yeah, gaf trolls didn't do anything to help this situation. Next time, you should know the background better before saying things like that.

Speevy

Banned
Jinfash said:

isamu just told me you should relax.

He might have a point if he was on this forum this past weekend *shudders at the thought*

Thats as much as I'll ever give the man. Its ED2 or bust for him.

AFreak said:
Who the fuck is this EvilLore dude, and why is he so special?
:lol I asked the same question a few pages ago, but I asked it VERY differently.

And from what I've learned, he owns this joint.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Okay I wasn't posting much around the time the "bet" thread was made, but what exactly caused all this?

The game gets shown at E3 2006, gets panned in EGM, and he somewhat rationally discusses on EGM Live how he didn't like the way E3 "previews" had some type of remark attached to them. Radio silence for a while... thread about the tag bet... epic 1up Yours appearance.

What the hell was going on between all this? :lol

I don't know, I think Evilore did DD a favor. I mean, Denis clearly thinks this is the worst forum on the internet. Hell, he's told a couple gaming sites as much. Yet, he still feels a need to post here. Clearly he had become addicted to the neogaf. All Evilore did was help him overcome the addiction. Evilore is a saint.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
commariodore64 said:
OH - we just got OWNED!!!!!! :D

Just to be clear, I wasn't insinuating that GAF got owned in any way. I don't think any obejctive assessment of the situation would characterize GAF as getting owned anywhere along the line. Individual members of GAF got owned, certainly, and as discussed on Dyack's 1UY appearance they paid a steep price, but this happens literally every day on GAF. GAF on the whole though, certainly not.

I go to lunch and come back to another Dyack thread.
What happened to this place?
Why couldn't this go into the other 10 of them. Seriously getting old.

Quazar

onemic said:

All while pimping his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom