• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 Nintendo Conference Thread

I don't know, I have no real interest in the types of games Nintendo are about, but this conference certainly must have redeemed the cruddiness of their last show. The Team Ninja Metroid game genuinely came out of nowhere that did.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
comedy bomb said:
Conference was OK

I gave Microsoft a B+

I give Nintendo a C

Nah, I give MS an A

and Nintendo a B

I have to admit that while it wasn't amazing it didn't suck as much as I thought. They at least showed some new unannounced core games and Ravi wasn't there.

It's doesn't come close to MS's conf though, when Iwata started talking I wanted to shoot myself, James Cameron total.

MoogPaul

you people are fucking coke heads.

2D Mario
Golden Sun
WarioWare DIY
Mario vs Donkey Kong DSiWare
Galaxy 2
Metroid Project M

All of these we never knew about/didn't think were coming to NA. fucking coke heads.

Rekwest

Somnid said:
Trolls are working over time.

OMFG at Metroid Other M.
Fusion_Suit_Samus.gif

I hope Miyamoto isn't running out of ideas. 4 player New Super Mario Bros. and more Mario Galaxy levels feels a little lazy, honestly.

Metroid, Other M is cool I guess but I was hoping for another franchise. It just seems too soon to go back to Metroid when there still isn't a sign of F-Zero or Star Fox.

Overall, not bad. Microsoft's conference is better, but Nintendo's show wasn't nearly as groan inducing as last year's show.

pakkit

Banned
Microsoft: 8 out of 10

Nintendo: 6 out of 10

Still, a huge improvement after last year, and I was not disappointed.

Well Galaxy 2 started a 23 minute continuous 500 error for me:lol. I guess some people out there still care about Mario. Now I just need to figure who I wants my money to preorder Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M.

GCX

What's up with Nintendo 1st party though? Galaxy 2 is a nice announcement but what about team Zelda, Retro, Intelligent Systems, etc.?

So towards the end of the Metroid trailer, who is wearing the armor? The blonde that walks up the armor introduced herself as Samus Aran.

Unless I got confused.

jarosh

you people are never ever satisfied. vitality sensor WHATEVER wii fit plus WHATEVER wii sports resort WHATEVER. just ignore it, jesus christ.

we just got MARIO FUCKING GALAXY 2 and what looks like an amazing new METROID GAME by team ninja. and a new 2D MARIO GAME for wii and a new GOLDEN SUN. yet all you guys see is: no zelda, conference was boring, vitality sensor LOL yadda yadda yadda. fuck that noise.

who cares about how boring the conference is or whether 90% of it was crap. we're getting a bunch of amazing looking new games!

mj1108

I think part of the problem with Nintendo's conferences this year (and last year) was Cammy. She's annoying, non-energetic, and she sounds like the equivalent to nails on a chalkboard.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Hmm, new 2D Mario, new Galaxy, new Metroid, new Golden Sun... sounds much better than MS's conference.

Davey Cakes

I don't necessarily see why Nintendo's conference should automatically be worse than Microsoft's.

They covered a ton of ground in just one hour, and gave a bunch of examples of good games coming now, good games coming in the future, and why third parties should stick by both Wii and DS. They also explained the further potential of the Wii and DS in bringing new gamers to the hobby.

This is what Nintendo's about; "Everyone's Game." They used their time wisely to cover all the bases.

Crisis

Banned
For those of you excited about this I'd like to point out that it's Team Ninja making this game. After Gaiden II are you really excited for this?

jax (old)

Banned
sevenchaos said:
Shut up. He is only one man. ;_;

Did you read the Itagaki game thread?

He took the producer, lead engineerer and I think anyone he thought was of value with him. I don't know what's left at TN but I'd say the talent is gone.

laserbeam

Banned
GCX said:
What's up with Nintendo 1st party though? Galaxy 2 is a nice announcement but what about team Zelda, Retro, Intelligent Systems, etc.?

Miyamoto is hosting a 1hr 30 minute event tonight so who knows maybe a SSBB style reveal of something

Yes Boss!

Yeah, definitely way more surprises coming. They did not even show Sin and Punishment on the despite the HUGE presence on the floor.

adg1034

Can someone with Nintendo press credentials pull down their E3 PR? (Golin/Harris is not working. Well, either that, or their site's borked.)

Also, isn't there usually some main Nintendo E3 media dump with ZIPs full of high-res screenshots, concept art, and B-roll clips for games they haven't even announced yet?

dude said:
I like how they showed us the Vitality Sensor before the real shit, just to see the reaction. This is epic trolling, tales will be told of this ownage.
you want a troll? watch the Ubisoft conference. At least Nintendo had stuff to show us.

Top Bottom