• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 Nintendo Conference Thread

nintendo owns my wallet again

nsmb wii
mario galaxy 2
metroid
wii sports resort
wii fit plus
golden sun ds
mario & luigi rpg 3

all will be mine

I swear to god I cracked a smile when I saw the Team Ninja intro. My mind was racing with thoughts like, "OMG, what could it be!?" "Team Ninja wat!"

My mind was BLOWN.

HOLY FUUUUUUCK! That looked amazing! HOLY SHIT!

Also, I personally think it's too soon for SMG2...but....YOSHIIIIIII! :D:D:D

fresquito

Hi, my name is Nintendo and I'm unable to create new big franchises for long-time gamers :-/

As hot as a new Metroid can be, why not a new IP? I see Wii Sports Resort use of the bow and I think "How awesome would it be to use that in an adventure game?". And I see sword fighting on Wii Sports Resort and I think "how awesome would that be on an adventure game?". And I don't see Nintendo saying me "It would be this much awesome".

Too good some third parties are stepping up and showing me how awesome that would be.

Davey Cakes

Crisis said:
For those of you excited about this I'd like to point out that it's Team Ninja making this game. After Gaiden II are you really excited for this?
It's a collaboration.

Just remember that the first Metroid Prime may not have been as good without guys like Miyamoto helping out Retro a little bit.

Ashour

Oh crap I missed it I only came in after the Resident Evil trailer, Metroid looks supper fun and that's from a non Metroid fan.

RobertM

Underwhelming to say the least. Too much talking, 3 third party games we already knew about weeks a month prior to E3, only 2 first party games announced, I got bored half way and no interesting gifs to make.

Blackface

Banned
disappointed. 2 X Mario's, cool, but been there done that. New Metroid looks good. Thats 3 games I care about, and still, more of the same old.

Crisis said:
For those of you excited about this I'd like to point out that it's Team Ninja making this game. After Gaiden II are you really excited for this?

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out, a bunch of staff left the company last year.

artist

Banned
comedy bomb said:
you must have slept through last years Nintendo conference then. :lol
The onus on this was to deliver on last year's disappointment .. and they've failed ONCE AGAIN.

Fuck off Nintendo. The gimmick hardware, casual non-games etc. I'm jumping in on a 360 this fall.

ReiGun

Over reactions on both sides. This was a good middle of the road conference. Some casual stuff, some good traditional stuff, some garbage. Not as good as MS did yesterday, but it was nowhere that pos conference Ubisoft gave yesterday. I'd put it about equal to EA from yesterday, give or take.

Galaxy 2 and Other M command the most of my attention out of the new stuff.

Jax said:
Did you read the Itagaki game thread?

He took the producer, lead engineerer and I think anyone he thought was of value with him. I don't know what's left at TN but I'd say the talent is gone.
I would agree, but we have yet to see anything by the remaining team.

Wait until Sigma 2.

So basically Nintendo lacked a nice third party showing (big surprise). The conference while boring had some good announcements. Fucking Golden Sun dammit! Nobody saw Metroid coming and I'm totally fucking all for Mario Galaxy 1.5.

I wish they would produce new IPs. They know they can't though which is depressing. Stupid Nintendo fucks.

Anyways I'm still excited even though I hate myself for it.

botticus said:
Thank God.

sevenchaos said:
Shut up. He is only one man. ;_;

He's been the lead designer for their two most popular franchises...not saying there isn't other talented people at the studio but I'm not gonna pretend that all that shit didn't happen last year.

And he took some people with him.

- NSMB wii looks like shit, I was hoping for a meaty sp experience with some actual effort put into graphics, not this mp shit
- Galaxy 2 yay (altho' it does look like an expansion pack)
- Another Metroid looks weird, the same environments as the primes but with over the shoulder cam. Not convinced.

Everything else is not of my interest.

When is GAF going to realize that Nintendo conferences are usually geared toward the mainstream media? They already know the hardcores of GAF will be jerking off to a live feed from home and F5ing the major blogs and websites.

What about Pikmin 3?

Anyway, like I said, not a bad conference, lacked the depth of MS' games, but not bad.

I'm still a bit concerned about the holiday lineup, looks thin.

Taker666

If Nintendo talked less and showed their other games alongside their new announcements..this would have been a great conference.

Seriously..cut out 30 minutes of the talking and show of Sin and Punishment, Cosmic walker, Endless Ocean 2 etc etc. That's all they had to do.:lol

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Can someone please give a summary of what happened. So far all I saw was the tail end of SMG2 and Metroid. Was there anything else?

jax (old)

Banned
DieH@rd said:
TOTAL EPIC FAIL. 50mins of utter boredom, and then few good trailers.

3/10, and that generous

yup.

3/10

very underwhelming.

No Pikmin3. they're lying about it all along. it was the wii control pikmin games.

traveler

Not Wario
Also, between this conference and Microsoft's last night, I think this E3 is already stronger than ANY gaming conference we've had in a while. Truly a strong showing here.

They brought out plenty to excite me.

SMG2 (huge), NSMB Wii, Metroid, and Wii Sports Resort...that got my blood pumping a lot more than yesterday's conference did.

Great stuff.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
GOLDEN SUN

GOLDEN SUN

GOLDEN SUNNNN!

That's what redeemed the conference for me :D Galaxy2 and Metroid were cool though.

Boss Man

Dreams-Visions said:
MS ... A

Nintendo ... C-

Sony ... ?

that Nintendo conference was dreadful with 2 moments of greatness. a lot of fail.

Eh, I say:

Microsoft B
Nintendo C+

The new Metroid is probably the closest Nintendo will get to a new IP. I'm really interested to see how it turns out.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Microsoft - 9/10 (tons of games + Natal)
Nintendo - 8/10 (some very scary moments, but then came SMG 2 and Metroid Gaiden...and then I came)

GitarooMan said:
What about Pikmin 3?

Anyway, like I said, not a bad conference, lacked the depth of MS' games, but not bad.

I'm still a bit concerned about the holiday lineup, looks thin.

Did you actually watch the first 45 minutes?

stuminus3

A quick glance through this thread is hysterical. Watch those emotions ebb and flow! :lol

As much as I hate to say it, Nintendo aren't talking just to us any more. There's no way back, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Everyone's conference, indeed.

Mother. Fucking. YOSHI!!! :lol

X26

Banned
esbern said:
goddamn people think this was as good as microsoft? what the fuck?

the people syaing it would have said it regardless of the content, even if it was an hr of just wii vitality

Azuran

Banned
Mario Galaxy 2
New Metroid
Golden Sun
Crystal Bearers
Mario and Luigi 3

I'm happy. I still want my F-Zero though.

Maybe next year.

camineet

Banned
regarding NO Zelda Wii, everything is clear to me now.

Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: The Other M (with Team Ninja) are the hardcore games Nintendo was prepared to reveal THIS YEAR. Mario Galaxy 2 was a tremendous save for Nintendo and Metroid was a MASSIVE shocking surprise, so soon after Metroid Prime 3 in 2007.

That means Zelda should be revealed at E3 2010
(unless Nintendo has another show inbetween E3 shows).

Amazing show, at the very end, Nintendo saves us.

Holy fuck, blown away.

Blader

jarosh said:
you people are never ever satisfied. vitality sensor WHATEVER wii fit plus WHATEVER wii sports resort WHATEVER. just ignore it, jesus christ.

we just got MARIO FUCKING GALAXY 2 and what looks like an amazing new METROID GAME by team ninja. and a new 2D MARIO GAME for wii and a new GOLDEN SUN. yet all you guys see is: no zelda, conference was boring, vitality sensor LOL yadda yadda yadda. fuck that noise.

who cares about how boring the conference is or whether 90% of it was crap. we're getting a bunch of amazing looking new games!

uh hello? if 90% of the conference is crap then that means the conference overall was crap

Galaxy 2 and Metroid M are cool, but they don't make for a mostly terrible conference

fresquito said:
Hi, my name is Nintendo and I'm unable to create new big franchises for long-time gamers :-/

As hot as a new Metroid can be, why not a new IP? I see Wii Sports Resort use of the bow and I think "How awesome would it be to use that in an adventure game?". And I see sword fighting on Wii Sports Resort and I think "how awesome would that be on an adventure game?". And I don't see Nintendo saying me "It would be this much awesome".

Too good some third parties are stepping up and showing me how awesome that would be.
I do think a new big action/adventure franchise would cause 10x the excitement here than more of the old franchises.

Top Bottom