• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 rumor and unannounced game recap thread

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
New rumors should still get their own threads. This is just an ongoing recap thread.

Since E3 is only a week away, it felt like a good time to start recapping these in one convenient location.

I'll group this by publisher, doing the consoles vendors first, and then the third parties, since I assume a lot of you are more interested in the former.

I'll also give a quick personal assessment of the plausibility of each.

Microsoft:

Xbox One Slim: Microsoft is rumored to be announcing an Xbox One Slim (possibly called the Xbox One Mini) that's about 40% smaller than the current system. There's supposedly not much else different about it, and it will be out this Fall.
Assessment: Nothing about this seems implausible. They might announce it a bit closer to launch, but historically Microsoft has revealed slim models at E3. Multiple solid sources have suggested this as well.

Xbox One Streaming Stick and Set Top Box: Brad Sams has heard that Microsoft is making a $99 streaming stick (a la the Chromecast) and a $150-$175 set top box (a la the Apple TV) with the Xbox brand attached. These are targeted at people who stream television, and can also run Windows 10 App/Windows Phone type games, with Hitman GO given as an example. They would support apps like other competing products do, but would not play Xbox One or Xbox 360 games.
Assessment: Brad Sams is the only one reporting this. In the original rumors for the Xbox One, it was suggested that Microsoft was working on something like this, but it never materialized. It's not impossible certainly, and it sounds like something Microsoft would do, but I wouldn't put down money on it given the relative lack of sources.

Xbox One Minor Controller Revision: The Xbox One controller is supposedly getting a minor revision, but mostly looks the same. This rumor comes from Brad Sams again, and I think he's the only one.
Assessment: Same as above, this is a one source rumor from someone who, at least to my knowledge, doesn't have a years long accurate rumor history. That said, nothing sounds remotely odd about minor controller revisions and Microsoft has already released an Xbox Elite controller, so they're clearly not opposed to it.

Improved PC Support: Multiple sources have suggested that Microsoft's has a new initiative for as much of their content as possible (going forward) to release on both Xbox One and Windows 10, and that this will include progressively bigger franchises including Halo.
Assessment: Well, they've certainly been adding more and more Windows 10 versions of their games and Kotaku is a rock solid rumor source. When individual teams and executives are questioned, they usually note that this is something they are in fact doing, but that the focus is on future games instead of porting a ton of old ones. I guess the main question is if Halo 6 actually shows up on PC, but that probably won't be announced for another year or two. We should be able to assess this by what platforms they announce for any new games at E3 however.

Xbox Scorpio: About 700 different websites allege that Microsoft is planning to release a new console in Fall 2017 that's currently codenamed the Xbox Scorpio or the Xbox One Two. There's been an implication that it's a new architecture and is aiming for the 5-6 TFLOP range in terms of computational power. There's also rumors of a partnerships with Oculus to handle VR for the new system, and that it will be fully backwards compatible with Xbox One games. People are less certain of whether this is effectively a whole new console or a very significant iteration of the Xbox One, but seem to agree that this kicks off a new cycle of frequent, Apple-esque hardware iterations for Microsoft. There's a disagreement about whether this will be announced at E3 or in the Spring of 2017.
Assessment: So, obviously the system exists. There are multiple really solid sources for its existence and Microsoft has publicly hinted at the system as well. The main question is whether or not it shows up at E3. It sounds like the original plan was to wait, but with Sony's new console being announced, they don't want to be left out. However, this is a pretty long reveal -> release cycle for the modern era, and the system itself doesn't exactly seem to exist yet. Hard to say. I would put it at 50/50 either direction. As an extra bit of personal speculation, I think this is supposed to be a full generational switch on a four year cycle since Microsoft's incentive is to end the generation early, and the Xbox One won't be running the VR games anyway.

Zombie Online Game™: There's a rumor that Microsoft is bringing a zombie game to E3. It's unclear if this is supposed to be Dead Rising 4, State of Decay 2, or simply DayZ.
Assessment: I mean, literally all three of those projects are about due to be shown, so the more surprising scenario would be if we saw none of them regardless of this rumor. that said, the rumor seems to be coming from an odd source, so grain of salt, though we've had a few posters weigh in on the list in this thread being true.

Forza Horizon 3: There's a rumor that Forza Horizon 3 is coming and it's set in Australia. It's worth noting that Microsoft has publicly announced a new Forza is unveiling at E3.
Assessment: The only question is if it's actually set in Australia, with a smaller question of whether or not they're announcing even more Forza games than just this.

General RAAM is coming to Killer Instinct: We have screenshots showing General RAAM as a selectable option in Killer Instinct, a game that already features a bunch of Microsoft cross-over characters. This was leaked at the same time as another already confirmed character.
Assessment: This is obviously happening.

Battletoads: There's a rumor that someone is making a new Battletoads game. It might be Rare, or maybe they're just supervising it.
Assessment: I could see this existing as a $15-$20 downloadable game. I'd be pretty surprised if it were a $60 retail title. This rumor seems relatively shaky compared to a lot of the others on here, so I'd suggest not getting too disappointed if it doesn't exist.

Age of Empires: There's a rumor that a new Age of Empires title is incoming. There's not much else to go on.
Assessment: Age of Empires II HD, despite being pretty expensive and being in a nigh-dead genre, sold over 3 million copies on Steam, and did a lot of that before the major sales. Microsoft opened a new strategy studio in Redmond a few years back. Microsoft is publishing Halo Wars 2, so clearly they're still interested in the RTS genre. That this exists seems very likely, though it also strikes me as more of a Gamescom title. That said, the rumor source itself is again not the most amazing. I wouldn't hold my breath for it being at E3 even if I'd pencil it down for showing up sometime in the next two years.

Sea of Thieves is a Destiny/Division style game instead of an old style MMO: There's a rumor that Sea of Thieves will be like today's most popular implementation of the MMO genre instead of the most popular implementation from over a decade ago.
Assessment: youdon'tsay.jpg

Extra Note: There's been an implication that there are more titles coming that haven't leaked yet, even though this is a pretty lengthy list.

Sony:

PS4K/Neo: Sony is rumored to be making an iterative upgrade to the PS4 by just about everyone on earth. It will release this fiscal year, and most likely this Fall. It will have a 2.3 times more powerful GPU, a slight clock increase to the CPU, and 512 MB of more RAM available for developers to use. All games are required to support it by September, so it's not releasing before then. All PS4K games must also run on PS4, but they can have enhance features (but not new ones) on the PS4K. The PS4K can also handle 4K video out for television and film to go hand in hand with Sony's new TVs this Fall. Old games are allowed to have PS4K patches to take advantage of the new hardware, but are not required.
Assessment: This obviously exists. There's a small chance it won't be shown at E3, but that feels very unlikely to me. I'm assuming it's out this Fall.

God of War 4: God of War 4 is coming, it at least partially takes place in Norse mythology, and a bearded Kratos wears pants in it. It was also rumored as one of the titles meant to show off the PS4K early on.
Assessment: Unless development is going disastrously, this should be at E3. The rest is obviously real. Maybe they'll show a second protagonist for the people who for some reason are throwing themselves off bridges over Kratos, but that's purely speculation on my part. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first game they show when the PS4K gets unveiled during the press conference.

Dead Don't Ride (Sony Bend): Sony Bend is rumored to be working on Dead Don't Ride, a post apocalyptic metal and bikes and... I think zombies survival game. It's on Unreal Engine 4 and Sony has publicly announced they're working closely with Epic on a variety of features and upgrades to really push the engine on PS4, so it will probably look quite good despite Bend's history as a handheld developer.
Assessment: This is almost assuredly real. Hot take: the name is awful.

Spider-Man PS4: Sony is supposedly working on a AAA Spider-Man game. Popular bets are on it being made by Sucker Punch given their history with super heroes and that they haven't announced anything in a while, but we don't have any solid evidence of that as far as I can tell.
Assessment: I think it's at least plausible that we will see either a Spider-Man game, Sucker Punch game, and/or both at E3. I'm certainly not convinced that Sucker Punch is making a Spider-Man game, but I do think they would be a good fit, and would not be surprised if they are.

Knack 2: A resume listed Knack 2 as being in development.
Assessment: While it seems like an odd choice, I can't imagine this is a very expensive game to make, and Sony does like to put out crowd pleasers. If you can't offer up Crash Bandicoot, maybe they feel this has overlap with the same audience.

Extra Note: This is kind of a quiet year, but it makes sense if most of Sony's other games are VR titles and indie games. If you have more, please share. Please note, I'm excluding things that are just Verendus lists. Sorry.

Nintendo:

The Legend of Korra Zelda will feature voice acting and a female playable character option: Emily Rogers has rumored that Zelda U will have voice acting and that you can select whether you want to play as a male or female character at the start. The male character is Link, though it's not 100% clear if the female character is Female Link.
Assessment: Aonuma has implied he is interested in adding voice acting to Zelda in the past, though he implied it might be in a made up language. However, it's certainly possible he changed his mind. Nintendo has sounded open to having more playable women in Zelda games, though non-committal. I wouldn't carve this one in stone, but wouldn't rule it out either.

Mother 3 Localization: Several sources including Eurogamer and Emily Rogers suggest that Mother 3 is getting localized.
Assessment: This is small enough that it could slot into this E3 even if they're not focusing on new announcements.

Extra Note: This will almost assuredly be a very quiet year for Nintendo. There are a lot of NX rumors, but it's explicitly not at E3.

Activision Blizzard:

Destiny: Rise of Iron: Activision is announcing the newest Destiny expansion pack at E3, and it's rumored to be called Rise of Iron.
Assessment: The image is really obviously real, and it's unveiling on Thursday.

Bethesda/ZeniMax:

Prey 2 (or whatever it's been renamed 2) by Arkane Austin: Kotaku has rumored that Arkane Austin's Prey reboot will be at E3, and that it might not necessarily have the Prey name anymore. It's a spiritual successor to System Shock 3, runs on CryEngine, and the design documents leaked here.
Assessment: Well, if Kotaku said it, it's presumably true, and it fits with the game likely being a 2017 release (the original leak targeted it to late 2016).

Wolfenstein 2: Anya's voice actor said she was working on recording a sequel to a video game she did voice acting for. She's only done voice acting for Wolfenstein as far as video games go.
Assessment: Wolfenstein came out in 2014 and was a notable success, so it probably needs less retooling than something like The Evil Within, and would plausibly be ready for release in early 2017.

Battlecry's Unannounced FPS Multiplayer: Battlecry, a studio that once had its own eponymous game, seems to work on other people's projects these days. They assisted with Doom's multiplayer, and are working on multiplayer for another FPS. It's possible this is multiplayer for Wolfenstein 2 given how excited Bethesda was for Doom's multiplayer, or maybe it's a multiplayer only Quake game. Hard to say.
Assessment: If it's multiplayer for Wolfenstein 2, it will probably be there, otherwise, maybe not unless they really need help hiring for the project.

Quake: id has started adding Quake to the list of franchises they work on.
Assessment: Doom just came out, so this is probably too early. That said, the above Battlecry game could be Quake.

Extra Note: Bethesda is running a conference again, so presumably they have at least a couple of announcements.

Capcom:

Resident Evil 7: Resident Evil 7 is rumored to be shown at E3, and will """return to the series horror roots""". Capcom has a 4 million unit game planned for their fiscal year, and nothing else they can release would plausible fit that category, since Monster Hunter is listed separately.
Assessment: I wouldn't hold my breath for it actually being a horror game, but I'm sure they will say they're going back to their roots. Also, this is the time to unveil the game given it's coming out this fiscal year.

Mystery 2 Million Unit Capcom Game: Capcom has a mystery two million unit game targeted for this fiscal year.
Assessment: Capcom Vancouver seems like the safe bet given how long it's been since they've shipped something, but some GAF posters seem hopeful for Devil May Cry. I'd suggest not getting your hopes up for Devil May Cry. The last time Capcom talked about it (with the release of the PC port), it didn't sound like Dragon's Dogma 2 was in development, so let's leave that one out.

CD Projekt:

CD Projekt Announcement: CD Projekt basically told Eurogamer they're announcing something at E3. They wouldn't rule it out from being Witcher related. It's worth noting that they have several Unity based games in development (think small downloadable projects).
Assessment: It would be a good time to announce one of their smaller downloadable projects. A Gwent game makes sense, though there are certainly other options on the table. It's also not impossible that they will make more Witcher 3 DLC (presumably without Geralt) to fill in the giant void until Cyberpunk's release as well.

Deep Silver:

Deep Silver has "a major announcement" at E3:
- Option 1: 4A Games is working on a new Metro game. They haven't announced a game in forever.
- Option 2: Nerdleaks has spotted "Agents of Mayhem" on a Volition employee's resume. It's about time for a new volition game.
- Option 3: Dead Island 2 is now being worked on by Sumo Digital. I doubt it's far enough along to show, but it has to be re-unveiled at some point.
- Option 4: Obviously it could be something totally new or different.
Assessment: Option 1 and option 2 are the most plausible options, as both Volition and 4A Games are long overdue to announce a title. Option 4 seems unlikely since they don't have any other outstanding publishing deals to my knowledge.

Devolver Digital:

New VR game in established franchise from a well known developer: Devolver Digital is unveiling a new VR game that's part of an established franchise and from a well known developer. Keep in mind it's Devolver Digital, so it's some kind of indie studio or maybe a mid-tier independent studio.
Assessment: Maybe some kind of horror game? No clue. This is probably the hardest game to guess in the entire list.

Croteam's Game: The Serious Sam Facebook liked Devolver's announcement that Croteam is unveiling a new game at E3. It's possible this is Serious Sam 4, or that the Serious Sam Facebook is just promoting another upcoming Croteam release.
Assessment: Well, the Croteam part is confirmed. This could plausibly be Serious Sam 4 or the VR title mentioned above. It might be a bit early for The Talos Principle 2, which is also confirmed as existing, but you never know.

Electronic Arts:

New IP Game For 2017: EA said they're announcing a new IP at E3 that will release sometime in 2017. Let's assume it's not a scenario like when they said Mirror's Edge, Dragon Age, and Star Wars were new IPs so that we can actually speculate.
- Option 1: Criterion's Go-Pro style stunt racing game. This one was playable back in 2013.
- Option 2: The new IP from the Mass Effect leads. This one is playable on some level.
- Option 3: The game Hazelight (Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons), first announced at the TGAs in 2014.
- Option 4: BioWare seems to have a second new IP that's a big online game, perhaps as a competitor to Destiny and The Division.
- Option 5: Something completely different.
Assessment: Option 4 is probably the least far along. They're already showing Mass Effect, so I don't know if they want to show a second BioWare game with Option 2 either. I'd gravitate toward Option 2 or Option 4 as my guess, though Option 5 (especially if it's a random Swedish indie developer) is certainly possible too.

Visceral/Motive Star Wars: Jade Raymond has implied that EA might paper announce their Fall 2018 Star Wars game to help with hiring. In 2013, we got a 10 second CG trailer announcing Battlefront for reference of what to expect here.
Assessment: It strikes me as pretty likely given how many job openings they have and how quickly they've been hiring up at Motive. I think they wanted the other new IP out the year after, so getting staff in the door early is helpful.

Koei Tecmo:

New Omega Force Game: Koei Tecmo has announced that Omega Force is revealing a new game at E3. This could be a lot of things, but Koei has been going on about how they're making a Musou game with a major Western IP for ages.
Assessment: It's probably the Western Musou thing. Maybe Marvel? If it's not, the list is pretty endless.

Square Enix:

New Square Enix Montreal Deus Ex Game: Square Enix Montreal (they make premium mobile games that are sometimes ported to other platforms) is announcing a new Deus Ex game on Wednesday. We'll see if it's Deus Ex GO, something like Deus Ex: The Fall, or something entirely different.
Assessment: Well, the GO series is very popular, but maybe Square Enix Montreal wants to branch out a bit.

Mystery Deus Ex Thing: Square Enix's Deus Ex teaser says "new projects" (plural).
Assessment: Who knows! Probably something small-ish.

"Exciting Tomb Raider News": Square Enix has promised exciting Tomb Raider news for E3.
Assessment: No clue. Maybe a console/PC port of Lara Croft GO given they ported Hitman GO recently.

Mobius Final Fantasy Western Release: Kitase sent out a note on the Square Enix portal app that the details of Mobius Final Fantasy's Western release will be announced soon.
Assessment: "Hyped for Final Fantasy? Play this new game now!!!"

Final Fantasy XV Mobile Game (not the pinball title): There's another Final Fantasy XV mobile game coming. It's been referred to as a "lite" version a few times, so it's presumably closer to FFXV itself than the pinball title.
Assessment: It definitely exists. E3 isn't the worst venue to announce it, though they might wait until closer to launch.

Extra Note: Square Enix opted to not have a conference this year, which probably says something about the amount of new games they're (not) bringing.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Take-Two (2K/Rockstar):

Take-Two plans to "rock E3 in a big way": Take-Two plans to have a big presence at E3. They could just be referring to their existing games, but let's go over a few potential announcements. Please note that all of their games through March 2017 have already been announced.
- Option 1: Ken Levine's new game: This has been worked on for quite a while now given it started in early 2014. Ken Levine is known for unveiling his games pretty early as well, and they're ramping up their hiring, so the timing works out.
- Option 2: Borderlands 3: This is almost assuredly not happening given only 20% of Gearbox's staff is working on the game so far, but they could always do a paper announcement to help with their massive two studio hiring spree.
- Option 3: Take-Two insists that BioShock is still a thing, though there's no clear indication of who they could have gotten to develop it, which is a requirement to actually make a game instead of just talk about a franchise positively on a fiscal call.
- Option 4: Turtle Rock's next game: Turtle Rock is working on a new IP, but also have jobs that could plausibly be for Evolve 2. Both would presumably be with Take-Two given they called Evolve a "permanent franchise" and like to sign every game from their development partners.
- Option 5: Red Dead 3: Rockstar generally doesn't announce their games at E3, but there's nothing stopping them from doing so. Red Dead 3 is clearly in development given the last game's sales, and there have been a variety of leaks, so it's a matter of when, not if.
- Option 6: The BioShock Collection: A collection of BioShock games has been rated for the five main cross-gen platforms. While Take-Two implied all their games were announced for this fiscal year, it's plausible they only meant new ones, and consider this a small project not worth mentioning on a fiscal call level.
- Option 7: Something completely different.
Assessment: Hard to say. I kind of bundled the assessment in with the games this time to avoid a giant paragraph here, and there could be multiple titles.

Ubisoft:

New IP AAA Online-Orientd Game: Ubisoft has announced they're unveiling a new IP AAA online oriented game.
- Option 1: Kotaku has noted that Ubisoft is working on a new "online multiplayer open world FPS game focus on social activity and replayability" and it has "item strategy and character progression / RPG mechanics."
- Option 2: In December 2013, Ubisoft surveyed for a new online oriented pirating game that's similar to Assassin's Creed 4, but is its own new series.
- Option 3: We had a variety of GAF posters suggest they were working on a new sci-fi game.
Assessment: All three options seem totally plausible to me. Go root for your favorite.

Watch Dogs 2 takes place in San Francisco, stars a black man named Marcus who wears various product placement clothing items: Ray-Ban, Diesel, Ford, Samsung, Toyota, and Ubisoft would like to present you the exciting world of Watch Dogs 2 in San Francisco. It features a new tone since none of you seemed like to like Aiden Pearce.
Assessment: This is obviously happening, though perhaps with less product placement than implied.

Warner Bros:

Injustice 2: The rumor is that Netherrealm is making Injustice 2 targeting a May 2017 release. Ed Boon has tweeted about the rumors a lot on twitter and changed his icon to a 2 in roman numerals.
Assessment: The first game was a huge success and the date fits Netherrealm's release pattern.

Shadow of Mordor 2: Warner has commissioned a CG trailer for Shadow of Mordor 2. They probably aren't doing this years in advance.
Assessment: It's about time, so it wouldn't be surprising. They might prefer a Game Informer cover later though.

Suicide Squad: Since Warner first announced a Suicide Squad game was in development back in 2010, the signs have started to come together that it's being made by Warner Montreal of Arkham Origins fame, including teasers for it in their own games.
Assessment: It'd be kind of weird if it wasn't at E3. The movie is coming out soon, and Warner likes to advertise their games before their movies in theaters, so getting that announced before the movie is probably a big goal. It's also been in development for six or more years now, so how much longer can it really take?

Superman: Warner has been rumored to be working on a Superman game for a while, including through resumes, but it's been pretty quiet lately.
Assessment: I suspect this project exists, but won't be unveiled this year. If it is Warner Montreal, presumably most of their resources are getting Suicide Squad out the door, and if it isn't, it would still be weird to release so many games at once from a fiscal year perspective given Warner doesn't have the world's biggest bandwidth.

Commo

Banned
What about the Mother 3 localization rumors that have been around since the beginning of the year?

Kouriozan

For Square Enix, there is also Brave Exvius that was confirmed to be at E3 and might get out of soft launch very near to it, too.

Zukkoyaki

Fantastic thread! Thanks for putting this together!

I'm hoping those Warner Bros rumors are true, I'd anticipate all three of them.

Commo

Banned
Also, some of the guys at DKVine still think Diddy Kong Racing 2 or some kind of Nintendo mascot amiibo racing game from Monster Games is a real possibility.

More evidence of a "Final Fantasy XV mobile" title here. I assumed that it was Justice Monsters V (the pinball game). This is the first I've heard of ANOTHER mobile title coming.

Dead Don't Ride is a fantastic name. Simple, memorable and rolls off the tongue easily since it's composed entirely of monosyllabic words.

If he wants to reassert this as still happening, I'll add it.

Ah, well, I hope so, but the doc shows he said he was done teasing that particular game, so he might just leave it unsaid in either direction.

So we just going to ignore crash?

I gotchu fam

You could have at least told us it is Crash Bandicoot's return teased by a possible insider.

EDIT: Also Nirolak, could you please add the dates and times for each conference?

Added that to my post, you're right.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Suicide Squad being in development for SIX years is definitely news to me. Interesting. I wonder why that long. Maybe they held off so they could announce it close to the movie?

Neiteio

A note on Take-Two and BioShock: They could show off the collection, which may be more than a remaster for all we know (substantially reworking the first two games? Would explain why it's taking so long)

DJIzana

More evidence of a "Final Fantasy XV mobile" title here. I assumed that it was Justice Monsters V (the pinball game). This is the first I've heard of ANOTHER mobile title coming.

If it's a pixel based game around FFXV then I'm TOTALLY on board. Frick. Might not even that unbelievable to think about if they have something like this in game too.

latest

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
EDIT: Also Nirolak, could you please add the dates and times for each conference?

That will be a separate sticky.

I think it's an anime joke, but I'm not otaku enough to understand

In The Legend of Korra, the Avatar - who was a boy named Aang in the first show - is reincarnated as a girl named Korra.

Suicide Squad being in development for SIX years is definitely news to me. Interesting. I wonder why that long. Maybe they held off so they could announce it close to the movie?
Presumably development halted for a while (or at last was stuck in pre-production) when they were making Arkham Origins.

Oh pleasepleaseplease announce the release of Red Dead Redemption Remastered, Take Two.

If SP is working on Spider-Man, it will be pretty great just because they nailed Spider-Man-style traversal in Second Son. Smoke powers play like a bastard version of web-swinging.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It seems like kind of a quiet year. Even if all of those things were "real," they'd be somewhat disappointing. Meh. Anyway, hope it has just been a weak rumor season.

Corpsepyre

Banned
It seems like kind of a quiet year. Even if all of those things were "real," they'd be somewhat disappointing. Meh. Anyway, hope it has just been a weak rumor season.

Considering what happened last year, I wouldn't be surprised if this year was much quieter. However, really hoping GoW4 is announced and destroys us.

On a related note, I was going through GoW3's OT just now, and your reaction to the visuals was awesome. The best.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Is it really though? Lots of those titles all seem much more relevant to today's market than Shenmue, The Last Guardian, and Nier 2, and that's before we even get to the new hardware.

Simo

Not sure if it's anything or what it means but the official E3 Twitter account posted a public "E3 2016" list of developers or members:
https://twitter.com/E3/lists/e3-2016/members

Included is Capcom, EA, Ubisoft, Bethesda, Deep Silver etc but then you'll also see Rockstar Games is included too. I guess Rockstar attends E3 often for private business meetings and such so it could mean nothing or add more fuel to fire surrounding them lately possibly being at E3 to showcase the new Red Dead or whatever. lol

Take Two's booth is supposed to be prominently featuring Mafia III which is probably why they took that spot in South Hall.

Has there ever been a E3 where there were no leaks at all? Sony is usually a leaky boat when it's E3 season but not this year, Microsoft too.

Is it really though? Lots of those titles all seem much more relevant to today's market than Shenmue, The Last Guardian, and Nier 2, and that's before we even get to the new hardware.

IIRC, Shenmue, Nier, TLG and FF7 weren't really rumoured beforehand, were they? Yu Suzuki did his forklift tweet the day before E3 or whatever, but that's all I remember

Corpsepyre

Banned
Not sure if it's anything or what it means but the official E3 Twitter account posted a public "E3 2016" list of developers or members:
https://twitter.com/E3/lists/e3-2016/members

Included is Capcom, EA, Ubisoft, Bethesda, Deep Silver etc but then you'll also see Rockstar Games is included too. I guess Rockstar attends E3 often for private business meetings and such so it could mean nothing or add more fuel to fire surrounding them lately possibly being at E3 to showcase the new Red Dead or whatever. lol

Take Two's booth is supposed to be prominently featuring Mafia III which is probably why they took that spot in South Hall.

To my knowledge, Rockstar did show up at an E3 and announce GTA V Remaster. Lets see if this pans out and they show up for Red Dead 3 as well.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
IIRC, Shenmue, Nier, TLG and FF7 weren't really rumoured beforehand, were they? Yu Suzuki did his forklift tweet the day before E3 or whatever, but that's all I remember

Shenmue, TLG, and FF7 were. The poll on the thread was put up before the conference started: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1062390

For FF7 we even had the Unreal Engine and CyberConnect2 parts.

A lot of it was buried in other threads though, which is why I made a rumor recap for this year though.

Commo

Banned
It may not be that interesting, but I found out that 3D Realms will be courting indies who are looking for a publishing partner at E3.

Freeman

Banned
If Sony can manage to make Spider Man as relevant to games as Batman is, of all announcement this one would possibly have the most impact.

I hope they are conservative with the Age games and don't change the formula too much, just get AoE II on a new engine and built from there.

Top Bottom