• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA looking to sell itself or merger.

oldergamer

Again this entire story is BS. The ceo hasnt said anything about wanting to sell or merge at monthly town hall meetings to employees. So this story is pure fiction considering he answers questions like this by internal employees all the time.

oldergamer

This is your typical lazy repeat reporting. We see it all the time regarding articles that are not true in the game biz.

kingfey

Banned
Again this entire story is BS. The ceo hasnt said anything about wanting to sell or merge at monthly town hall meetings to employees. So this story is pure fiction considering he answers questions like this by internal employees all the time.
Companies don't tell employees who they sell their companies to.
These type of stuff is tight lips.

Activision and Bethesda sales were super secret.

NickFire

Companies don't tell employees who they sell their companies to.
These type of stuff is tight lips.

Activision and Bethesda sales were super secret.
Yeah, I am definitely suspicious as to whether there is fire beneath all of this smoke, or if someone started a rumor that other people are running with for no reason. As you said, these blockbuster deals seem to hit us from no where usually.

If there is fire beneath this smoke though, I cannot figure out why would EA be looking to sell? Are the forecasting a big drop in gaming overall? Are they this worried about the FIFA license? Is Madden's name getting too expensive? Is there some industry trend no one knows about outside of board rooms? Are they looking at Battlefield as DOA going forward after the last one? I just don't get it. They would seem uniquely positioned to benefit from consolidation trends just by staying their course I would think.

Top Bottom