• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA staff threaten walkout over lack of statements during Pride Month (Up: cancelled as EA confirm they wont change logo for pride)

mortal

Gold Member
go-go-away.gif

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I just checked my Linkedin job search bookmark, a number of companies that magically flipped to rainbow (which will flip back in July). All these from only 3 pages of job search results.

Good news. My company never changes it's logo.

University Pension Plan Toronto
RSM (no idea who they are)
Equifax
Sanofi
Accenture
Laurentian Bank
Bank of Montreal (BMO)
Clorox
Get a load of this one.... Toronto Parking Authorty
Certn (no idea who they are)
Walmart
Veritas
Robert Half (recruiter)
Diageo (has a giant multi coloured flag with like 15 colours on it)
RBC (Royal Bank)

Last edited:

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I just checked my Linkedin job search bookmark, a number of companies that magically flipped to rainbow (which will flip back in July). All these from only 3 pages of job search results.

University Pension Plan Toronto
RSM (no idea who they are)
Equifax
Sanofi
Accenture
Laurentian Bank
Bank of Montreal (BMO)
Clorox
Get a load of this one.... Toronto Parking Authorty
Certn (no idea who they are)
Walmart
Veritas
Robert Half (recruiter)
Diageo (has a giant multi coloured flag with like 15 colours on it)
RBC (Royal Bank)
Toronto Parking Authority, come for the parking space, stay for the free hobo blowjob.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister

There was an editorial about gay Ukrainians and they go with the she/her pronouns. Ya, sure Jane. Media propaganda. The Azov Nazis would have killed they/them before the Russians.

Zhuhan and Romanova, who identifies as a non-binary person with she/her pronouns and moved to the capital from Crimea after being displaced in 2014, met through their theatre work.

Last edited:

kyussman

You never experienced Jihad or The Inquisition I take it..? The woke mob is bad, but a mob and/or institution backed by a totalitarian state is still worse. I figure it was hyperbole from your part
Well I was talking about general organised religion,not Jihad lunatics running around lobbing off peoples heads.I think the current climate around "Pride" is every bit as troubling to me as organised religion is.

Reactions: K2D

realcool

You never experienced Jihad or The Inquisition I take it..? The woke mob is bad, but a mob and/or institution backed by a totalitarian state is still worse. I figure it was hyperbole from your part
It always rubbed me the wrong way when June came around and there was not one iota of LGBTQ+ representation to be found in the latest ISIS videos. I'd gather the family around to watch them and we all could tell right from the beginning just how intolerant these videos were going to be. I mean, we get it, slaying apostates is cool and all, but to blatantly disregard the neuro-diverse? Look, I'm all for the acceptance of different cultures, but it was truly unfathomable to witness such a flagrant lack of inclusion. Shame on you, ISIS! Shame on you! And I don't care if you change your twitter profile pic, it's too late!

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
"Update: An EA employee has since said the walkout -- originally intended to call attention to hypocrisy of rainbow-washing while refusing to make a broader public statement -- was called off after EA leadership said it would not be adopting a company-wide rainbow logo this month for Pride."
This seems like a legitimately good way to approach this. Either you back up your fake performative support with deeds or cut the bullshit. If I'm interpreting it right, the employees are in the right here and all the people in this thread saying goodbye are just as full of it as EA was making their logo rainbow for the month.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
State of our country today:

- No walkout over actual concentration camps in China
- No walkout over forced slave labor in China
- No walkout over kids getting murdered in schools

- Walkouts over trans jokes
- Walkouts over abortion rights
- Walkouts over lack of virtue signaling

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
State of our country today:

- No walkout over actual concentration camps in China
- No walkout over forced slave labor in China
- No walkout over kids getting murdered in schools
I posted a link a month ago about the NBA and China. I thought it was limited to the league with their partnership money and players get a cut etc.... Turns out owners also chip in and do their own deals. One team owner has $300 million invested into China.

No wonder they all shut their mouths.

Bragr

Banned
I don't think anyone should be forced to make political statements but I think its a shame most of the big game companies are so afraid of it.
Why? look at how much arguing this sort of stuff creates, imagine if companies would officially start to lean toward political parties. It would never work.

Allandor

Change logo to rainbow in an empty display of support: "No, don't do that, we see right through it"
Don't change logo to rainbow in an empty display of support: "FUCK THIS SHIT I'M FUCKING LEAVING"
This is somehow true. If a company does not officially show support for your side, it doesn't mean it automatically shows support for the other side. I welcome it, when they show their support, but I don't start to "hate" them if they don't show their support as long as they do the exact opposite. Worst thing that can happen that a company shows respect but doesn't respect anything.

Just rainbow the company logo on Twitter like everyone else.
31a.jpg
Apple would look killer among those.

This is somehow true. If a company does not officially show support for your side, it doesn't mean it automatically shows support for the other side. I welcome it, when they show their support, but I don't start to "hate" them if they don't show their support as long as they do the exact opposite. Worst thing that can happen that a company shows respect but doesn't respect anything.
I don't belong to any minority, that said I think companies "show support" for people when they hire and treat them with respect.

Apart from that they don't owe anything other than being as impartial and fair as possible.
Why? look at how much arguing this sort of stuff creates, imagine if companies would officially start to lean toward political parties. It would never work.
Some CEO's do but it's never good advertising per see. Specially when they're radical.

Last edited:

WoJ

Serious question....what injustices do the LBTG community still face in this day and age in terms of rights? At least in the West. I know there are bigots who will always hate that community and try to do hateful things, but you're not going to change their minds. What/where is the current oppression?

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
ratatouille-ratatouille-chef.gif
CRT at work.

Look at this nonsense. FIRE THESE PEOPLE!!!! Back to xbox online: "You just got fucked up killed you fa**ot."

This is also our chance to be truly intersectional by celebrating the vast array of people and identities that make up the vibrant Xbox LGBTQIA+ global gaming communities. It is more important than ever to recognize that systems of inequity based on gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, class, and other forms of discrimination intersect and ultimately affect us all. The global issues that LGBTQIA+ communities face are interconnected and we must seek to address them together.

Wow, I just noticed that MS is giving money to Mermaids! They're under review.
Here what that horrible organization has done to poor children in the past. That's worse than Cuties with Netflix.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
I am not surprised neoGAF does not read news articles. of course as 90% of thread arguments is based on that.

So they are also not interested in changing logos as it is empty gesture. They were demanding for more action as EA management committed to the fact in 2021 based on the blog that EA posted.

and they guys laughing because they think the employees were bluffing when they pulled away from walkout, you missed the majority of the article where EA management commented that they are planning few things for the subject. They employees had no problem with rainbow logo and shit.
I’m not laughing! And I did read the article! Either the lack of coffee is affecting me or I just do not care about big corporations!!!

And yes I’m gay and I’m proud of it!

StormCell

Besides, what do these people actually want? Do they want society to accept the LGBT community for who they are as their equals, or should we constantly point out, in every corner of society, how they are different from the rest of us?

They think they’ll achieve the first thing by doing the second thing. I don’t know if it’s working, I see a ton more people irritated over LGBT people now than 30-40 years ago.

As far as I have ever seen, it has always been the latter. Even during the '00s when not nearly as many were out of the closet, it was always incredibly obvious when PRIDE had an event happening on campus or somewhere in town. Why? Because no one else ever had "creative license" to walk through public ass naked sucking dildos and working them presumably up their asses and stuff while winking and blowing kisses at people of all ages who were unfortunate enough to be around that night. I really have no idea or concept of what the f--k their events actually were about, and they would even go out of their way to leave the so-called "multi-purpose room" (basically the 'party' room where concerts and shows were hosted) and walk throughout the rest of the Union building seeking other students out... just to show off their queerness and make passes at anyone they could make eye contact with.

Yeah, I found it disturbing. Being hit on by a dude in ass-less chaps inside the computing lab while trying to do homework probably has compounded my dislike for PRIDE. I could just forget about it, but that really grinded my gears because fuck off I'm doing homework in a lab not at a bar...

Here is a sci fi short story idea for any would be authors out there.
In a world were you are expected to support someone else's ideas. You must fight for someone else's ideas. You must be drafted into the military and fight for someone else's ideas.
It's sci fi now. But it didn't used to be. And soon might not be again.

Gandih42

Haha, oh god that would be nuts.

I suppose on this particular topic, I like to imagine that the baseline reaction for most people would be between indifference and content that a company is (albeit cynically) showing support for a good thing. And the ones who'd get upset are really only the ones who are against it, in this case actual homophobes. But that's obviously some kind of imaginary world I'm living in.

If only the arguing could be more productive.

Top Bottom