• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring balance patch 1.12

Saber

Gold Member
Wow they added Torrent to the Elden Beast fight, that's wild.

I honestly not surprised they added it before. Every 5 seconds closer to it, it moves like 1000 miles aways from the player and you have to go back holding the run button for 10 seconds straight.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Moonlight Greatsword and Blasphemous blade nerfed lol.

Also mohgs ritual spear nerfed.

Luke Skywalker Reaction GIF

rip Blasphemous Blade, no wonder my damage output on Mohg was so bad. Whelp, time for a respec, hopefully the super nerds have the new meta figured out in a few hours.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Bro honestly this game gives you so many options to make things easier this really isn't a valid complaint.

I'll give it a honest to god shot later in the year but these games are always a 'look from a distance and nod' for me. I tried a few hours of Lords of Fallen cause it was easily accessible but didn't go anywhere near finishing it.

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
I'll give it a honest to god shot later in the year but these games are always a 'look from a distance and nod' for me. I tried a few hours of Lords of Shadow cause it was easily accessible but didn't go anywhere near finishing it.
Lords of Shadow? The Castlevania one?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Never saw you bitching and asking for a difficulty mode with that game.

Pondering Anthony Anderson GIF by BET

50 Cent Smh GIF

You're supposed to be the post-history guy. I'm disappointed G. I only started talking about it when they put out the patch 1.5 which has difficulty / loot customization options.

Plus they've added difficulty customization options with the update.

Yeah, it's a souls-like in nature, I never played it at launch so no idea how the default difficulty curve was but they've added modifiers to 1.5 so folks can tailor it to their own preference.

GHG

I always start a new playthrough when theres a massive expansion with base patches coming.

I started a new character on PC the other week for this expansion.

They killed my whole setup, glintblade phalanx on the misericorde.

I was also going to finish off Ranni's quest to get the moonlight greatsword but don't think I'll bother now.

Quite annoying, but I have plenty of larvel tears anyway so no sweat. Think I'll just stick with what I have and see what I pick up in the new area.

50 Cent Smh GIF

You're supposed to be the post-history guy. I'm disappointed G. I only started talking about it when they put out the patch 1.5 which has difficulty / loot customization options.

The modifiers don't make it an easy mode you scrub.

Last edited:

Allandor

I fucking hate this. Balancing in a game like Elden Ring takes half of the fun away for me. I enjoy creating builds or playing the game in a way that breaks it.
Most things that were nerfed were just multiplayer related.

Well I love the atmosphere of the game, but never had a chance against one of the bosses needed for the addon (have the other one) so I guess I miss out on the addon :(
Yes I need an easy mode for this ;) if a game is toich work, I don't play it. Have enough work in my life. But the atmosphere of the world is great.

Last edited:

GHG

I fucking hate this. Balancing in a game like Elden Ring takes half of the fun away for me. I enjoy creating builds or playing the game in a way that breaks it.

Something else will be OP. We will find it.

No Problem GIF by CBC

But fuck me, I just tested it and they MASSACRED glintblade phalanx. It's a useless ash of war now.

Hudo

Gold Member
Most things that were nerved were just multiplayer related.
Ah ok.

Before others misunderstand me: I don't mean that games shouldn't have a balancing. Of course a game should have a reasonable difficulty progression and character progression. But what I heavily dislike is when devs begin to "micro-optimize". Blizzard balanced StarCraft 2 to death with that. Made the game not fun anymore. But maybe that's just me. I do enjoy when I find stuff that breaks the game in a way. Be it a combination of a build and/or armament. Or some weird move or situation that you can abuse during a fight or whatever. And I feel if you make a game "too smooth", i.e. balance it to the tiniest detail, it becomes boring.

And Elden Ring is also one of the games where you can/could do some really stupid/game breaking shit.

GHG

Poise bro's, rock sling and ice spear still do work.

The no summon run is still on.

Edit: gavel of haima is still good as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom