• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring balance patch 1.12

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I dont remember any int spells that buff, maybe one or two that improves your magic damage, but compared to Faith nah, faith is ur go to for amazing op buffs(bestial buffs for example).
Alright, in that case I might just start with DEX and choose between INT and FTH along the way.

Thanks!

Don't care about buffs/nerfs, git gud. I beat the game and did pretty much every sidequest with no guides (yes even Ranni) using my custom Holy Knight build, only respec'd once to reallocate points I put into Arcane when I realized I didn't care for that spell tree, changed weapons multiple times as I found new stuff, experimented with every single miracle and measured dmg output when combined with various talismans etc. The game gives you all the tools you need to create whatever build you want and they are all viable.

On the release of 1.12 and accessing DLC, it's already past midnight June 21st here in Japan so it should be available but it's not (PS5), can't even log-on to the server and my version still says 1.10, guess there has been some sort of hiccup, no doubt player count has had a massive jump this past week. Time for bed, hopefully everything is ready to go tomorrow, can't fucking wait, Praise Miquella!

All I need is enough strength for my greatsword

Dragon Slayer Guts GIF by Funimation
Make it a +25 bleed greatsword with ~60 STR/80 ARC for full accuracy to the manga. :messenger_ogre:🩸

PanzerCute

All they did to blasphemous blade was reduced poise damage and removed the knock down effect. A ranged, piercing semi-Aoe wave which heals you and still does the same damage isn't enough????
As I said in a post after, I think the nerf is justified and I dont mind it. Especially as I only play pve.

No need to get pissed, chill out lol

Last edited:

Antwix

As I said in a post after, I think the nerf is justified and I dont mind it. Especially as I only play pve.

No need to get pissed, chill out lol
lol not pissed at all. not sure where you got that from. it's probably still the best weapon in the game.

Last edited:

March Climber

Gold Member
I'll give it a honest to god shot later in the year but these games are always a 'look from a distance and nod' for me. I tried a few hours of Lords of Fallen cause it was easily accessible but didn't go anywhere near finishing it.
Is there a way to make this game easier? I find it very difficult to the point it becomes frustrating.
To help with a small spoiler, there's sort of a pokemon-esque monster collection and summoning system in the game. In multiple areas you will find these items called spirit ashes, to where you can summon a specific creature to help in battle.

giphy.webp

Each one has strengths and weaknesses, even the strongest one which is...

A better, braver, tool-assisted-run version of you, the main character

Last edited:

Soodanim

BARE WITNESS!

Best weapon in the game just got better. I don't even need to see the rest of the changes.

Edit:
I see we still can't disable CA without mods, that's a shame.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
All they did to blasphemous blade was reduced poise damage and removed the knock down effect. A ranged, piercing semi-Aoe wave which heals you and still does the same damage isn't enough????
No, I want to knock those albauranic motherfuckers in the blood domain off the cliff. Planting a rotten knight on it's ass....

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
For bosses? Yes. For going through the area to the boss, I still think it's the toughest. Maybe Bloodborne is harder.
Demon's Souls is only hard on your very first time when you know nothing, but after that, Demon's Souls its cake walk.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
For bosses? Yes. For going through the area to the boss, I still think it's the toughest. Maybe Bloodborne is harder.
Demon's Souls regular enemies have huge emphasis on what type of damage you're doing to them. Even in the case of strike/slash/blunt, etc.

This makes certain areas seem a lot more difficult than others depending on what weapons you are using.

That and World Tendency.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm surprised Reduvia hasnt got nerfed yet.....that weapon is crazy strong and you can get it super early even before fighting Margit.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Pc performance is much worse than it was previously.

4090 is going into the forties in fps.
Been playing for a bit on a few different areas.

Got a 4070 Super, everything maxed out, 4K, no RT, 60fps without a single drop.

NT80

Pc performance is much worse than it was previously.

4090 is going into the forties in fps.
I noticed a dip in performance when I put the game on for the first time in a year but it seems this was due to the new RT feature being turned on to max by default. Turning that off made it fine.

tommib

Gold Member
I bought the dlc but it only allows me to download the PS4 add on? On my PS5? What am I doing wrong?

Raven117

Gold Member
So, what should we use instead of moonveil (if that’s our build). It wasn’t that powerful….

And the cereclum (sp) tear… yeah, it was laser pew pew, but setting it up and getting a clear shot for that long was difficult.

Last edited:

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
So, what should we use instead of moonveil (if that’s our build). It wasn’t that powerful….

And the cereclum (sp) tear… yeah, it was laser pew pew, but setting it up and getting a clear shot for that long was difficult.
There is really no substitution, but the stats would work well with Wing of Astel.

P.S. Maybe respecing to Dex build and using Vacuum Slice on Nagakiba?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That was right choice, the stage too big and you spend most of fight chasing after Elden Beast more than fighting it.
Saw this on reddit and it made so much sense.

The boss sucked ass because it felt that they made it specially with torrent in mind but then never set the flag that you could call it.

Like literally. It would make so much sense that the final boss is designed in such a way where you battle it with your trusty steed as a climax to the game.

Soodanim

doesn't look major from the notes, but bows finally got a bit of a buff across the board. Will be interested to see the real world results and how viable they now are

I too would like to find a new viable int build...

Elden ring is one of those games that I actually sat down for a few days and remembered why I love gaming .
I installed it again yesterday after launch and my god I forgot what a master piece it was the scope of the game is just mesmerizing

Dynasty8

So I haven't played since launch. Way before any nerfs/buffs. Still rocking my blood katana fully upgraded.... Are there better weapons overall? I recall heavier weapons weren't as good during launch. What's the meta for PvE now?

Zheph

So I haven't played since launch. Way before any nerfs/buffs. Still rocking my blood katana fully upgraded.... Are there better weapons overall? I recall heavier weapons weren't as good during launch. What's the meta for PvE now?
you will be fine with your rivers of blood but there should be some good stuff coming out of the DLC

Top Bottom