• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring balance patch 1.12

Hrk69

Gold Member
Moonlight Greatsword nerfed lol.

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

Kazdane

Gold Member
My claw build lives to see another day!
Happy Yes It Is GIF

And adding Torrent to that particular fight, as a melee user, is great news. The arena is way too big.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
As an average at best player, this is a kick in the pants for me lol. I guess I’ll need to find a new crutch lol.

skneogaf

Lol I used rivers of blood and I used moonlight greatsword in my two play throughs. Edit :it seems like the moonlight greatsword nerf is pvp as I just tried it and it's fine.

I'm noticing huge fps dips with ray tracing on maximum whereas before it was playable with my 4090.

Last edited:

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
Kevin Hart No GIF by Kevin Hart's Laugh Out Loud

Those motherfuckers. First Bloodhound Step and now Moonlight Blade, Envoy's Longhorn, and Jelly Shield. If it was not for a morbid curiosity about the DLC I would have downgraded the game back to vanilla by now.

PanzerCute

ctrf + f "Easy" - 0 results found.

Im Out Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network
There has always been an easy mode for Souls game: summoning other players and play magic builds.

For Elden Ring its even easier because of the NPC summons (and also the fact that apart from Malenia, ER is by far the easiest FS game imo)

Difficulty is overrated in these games, dont let that make you miss these insane games. Only Sekiro is really hard imo (no summons, no magic :D)

Last edited:

Boralf

Bunch of meta slaves. Just find something else to whack them with. Also these new DLC weapons might be pretty strong. Throwing weapons and stuff.

Last edited:

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
You whippersnappers don't know how good you got it. Back in my day we used to chase the Elden Beast on foot uphill in the snow for hours just to get one shot at hitting it.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN
I just Bloodhound Step hunted it with the Giant Crusher. Can't do that anymore. :(

Last edited:

Antwix

rip Blasphemous Blade, no wonder my damage output on Mohg was so bad. Whelp, time for a respec, hopefully the super nerds have the new meta figured out in a few hours.
Mohg is super fire resistant. BB has always been one of the worst weapons to use against him.

tommib

Gold Member
adamsapple adamsapple wouldnt of played lords of shadow.. that game is not on GamePass.

Creeping Parks And Recreation GIF
Changing the subject but what’s the consensus on Lords of the Shadow. Because to me is one of the best looking PS3 games and plays like a banger. Boss difficulty is a bitch thought.

Playing it for the first time now.

Last edited:

Caio

TYhey nerfed all of my builds
They nerfed one of my build, but from what I could see a minute ago, not by a big margin. (just killed the Beast)
By the way, I still have my bleed build who can melt Maliketh, Placidusax and many others in 30 seconds, no kidding.
Some pics, my bleed build, and the beast dead. Sorry for the quality of the pics, last 3 were made by my young son :)
IYr2YY9.jpeg
Xna1bBe.jpeg
s7nsbDY.jpeg
zHVF45M.jpeg
LmEGiAW.jpeg

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Played for a bit and I'm rusty as hell, so might just start a new playthrough before jumping into the DLC.

My original build was STR + FTH. Is DEX + INT fun? I'm not sure if I'll enjoy spamming magicks from afar, I enjoy the melee combat much more.

Antwix

Damn, I just spent 45 hours creating a character with a Blasphmous Blade build.

Well, guess I need to find another weapon then.
All they did to blasphemous blade was reduced poise damage and removed the knock down effect. A ranged, piercing semi-Aoe wave which heals you and still does the same damage isn't enough????

NT80

I would've like it if they'd added a stagger bar and status indicator like in Nioh. I can't tell how close I am to breaking their guard or inflicting a status and whether it's worth the risk to try at a crucial moment against a boss.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Almost half the weapons are with INT stats so you can certainly play with str or dex + int , you dont have to spam spells, you can play exactly as the faith one, range spells keeping it situational and most of the time you can just melee/shield.
sounds neat. Do INT spells include buffs and such like the miracles? Found those super useful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom