• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring balance patch 1.12

This stutter every couple of minutes is blowing my mind. How is it even possible?
If on PC disable EAC and play offline. Theres an easy mod on nexus if u want. U can also use flawless widescreen after u disable eac for unlock framerate and other fixes. If u wanna use online features u gotta deal with the stutters.

I too would like to find a new viable int build...
I’m sure there will be some within like 3 days. We just need to hold on until then!
So I haven't played since launch. Way before any nerfs/buffs. Still rocking my blood katana fully upgraded.... Are there better weapons overall? I recall heavier weapons weren't as good during launch. What's the meta for PvE now?
No wonder were getting AI to help ppl in games. Some of you cant even think for 5 seconds without having to look up online"whats the most op build". How bad can u be at a game that offers you summons and so many tools to easily deal with the enemies? Stop waiting for builds or metas. Make ur fucking own, every build is viable, ppl have beaten the game with nothing. Jesus.

Buggy Loop

RT is a scam in this game anyways

I don't understand the performance I see with my eyes either with RT on, because even if the FPS counter is near 60 fps, it sure as fuck doesn't feel like it. RT OFF and immediately it becomes butter smooth with just a few fps raised. There must be some terrible frame pacing or something.

FewRope

I don't understand the performance I see with my eyes either with RT on, because even if the FPS counter is near 60 fps, it sure as fuck doesn't feel like it. RT OFF and immediately it becomes butter smooth with just a few fps raised. There must be some terrible frame pacing or something.
As usual in any From game, I personally dont suffer any frame issue with Elden Ring or any Dark Souls on PC. But Bloodborne was so bad in this regard

Raven117

Gold Member
No wonder were getting AI to help ppl in games. Some of you cant even think for 5 seconds without having to look up online"whats the most op build". How bad can u be at a game that offers you summons and so many tools to easily deal with the enemies? Stop waiting for builds or metas. Make ur fucking own, every build is viable, ppl have beaten the game with nothing. Jesus.
Listen to yourself. You effing no life loser. You are on a video game forum picking on people who would rather not waste hours on trial and error on a game that for all its pros can waste players time doing pointless things for builds.

Some people just don’t have the kind of time your neck-bearded living in your parents house self has.

Next time you think about lecturing others on how they like to play games, don’t.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member

80S Vhs GIF

Kssio_Aug

Well, yeah, if you go on YouTube you will see all kind of insane videogame skills out there. With enough effort and the proper time people can do amazing things, I agree.

But you can't freely respec your character, so it's more than normal for people to be afraid of playing dozens of hours just so they eventually see that their build is fucked up, and that with their average skills they're gonna have a much tougher time than they should for having wasted thousand of souls on the wrong stats.

I can't understand some of you From Software fans. Can't you actually try using some critical thinking before resorting to the old "git gud" useless advice?

Last edited:
not waste hours on trial and error

Elden Ring...trial and error? Waste hours? What the fuck? Do you even know what you're playing?

Some people just don’t have the kind of time your neck-bearded living in your parents house self has.

What does time have to do with playing the game in the normal way without looking shit up? You can play 1 hour a day who cares, Im not picking on your life, but one has nothing to do with the other u muppet. Why are you even playing the game if you look shit up? The point of it is to get better, to explore, to improve. You can do that even if you play the game 1 hour a day or a week. I suppose your insults prove your lack of intelligence. Enjoy your life "neck-bearded" mate.

I can't understand some of you From Software fans. Can't you actually try using some critical thinking before resorting to the old "git gud" useless advice?

Cheaters have the same mentality. I"f i can do it the easy way whats your problem?" Yeah I hate people like you.

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

Cheaters have the same mentality. If i can do it the easy way whats your problem? Yeah I hate people like you.
Now people that use build guides on internet for 100 hours long games are cheaters?

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I know it might seem strange to people like you, but some have jobs and other responsibilities in life, and they can't afford to spend dozens of hours just experimenting in a game (or they "could" afford, but prefer no to).

But sure kid. If demeaning people online for not playing the same you way you supposedly do makes you feel better about yourself, more power to you.

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
Elden Ring...trial and error? Waste hours? What the fuck? Do you even know what you're playing?

What does time have to do with playing the game in the normal way without looking shit up? You can play 1 hour a day who cares, Im not picking on your life, but one has nothing to do with the other u muppet. Why are you even playing the game if you look shit up? The point of it is to get better, to explore, to improve. You can do that even if you play the game 1 hour a day or a week. I suppose your insults prove your lack of intelligence. Enjoy your life "neck-bearded" mate.

Cheaters have the same mentality. I"f i can do it the easy way whats your problem?" Yeah I hate people like you.
Stop. Let’s not derail this further. You are wrong. You have a horrible attitude. Get some perspective.

Last edited:
Now people that use build guides on internet for 100 hours long games are cheaters?

Can you even read? Os did the truth trigger and blind you all?

Cheaters have the same mentality.

Where do I say you're a cheater?

Stop. Let’s not derail this further. You are wrong. Get some perspective.
but some have jobs and other responsibilities in life,

Again with this shit about jobs and life as if playing the game NORMALLY means you have no life? And Im being called the asshole? Are you guys seriously calling millions of players who played the game blindly no lifers? Lmao. I think both of you need to rethink your perspectives.

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
Can you even read? Os did the truth trigger and blind you all?

Where do I say you're a cheater?

Again with this shit about jobs and life as if playing the game NORMALLY means you have no life? And Im being called the assholes? Are you guys seriously calling millions of players who played the game blindly no lifers? Lmao. I think both of you need to rethink your perspectives.
No. You are the no-life loser. You, who interjects themselves into a thread about balancing, to pick on folks who like knowing what builds to go for.

Stop posting. Go touch some grass. You are pathetic.

No. You are the no-life loser. You, who interjects themselves into a thread about balancing, to pick on folks who like knowing what builds to go for.

The thread has nothing to do with what you're looking for. And yet, you are still on and on with the insults even tho my life is probably busier than yours will ever be but alas I do not go out of my way to rage at someone telling me I should play a game normally. We've reached a new low, playing games as intenteded means we have no life. Gotcha. Have a good day mr full of life.

Raven117

Gold Member
The thread has nothing to do with what you're looking for. And yet, you are still on and on with the insults even tho my life is probably busier than yours will ever be but alas I do not go out of my way to rage at someone telling me I should play a game normally. We've reached a new low, playing games as intenteded means we have no life. Gotcha. Have a good day mr full of life.
Moron without any reading comprehension. The no-life is you picking on people. Who weren’t even talking to you. Stop it.

Raven117

Gold Member
It's a forum, you and everyone else here have "picked on" people. Thats the idea of a forum, we debate, not insult, as you clearly are doing.

You first my love.
Lol. You think your first post quoting a few of us was an invitation to debate? Now you are either stupid or a liar. My guess is both.

Back away from your keyboard, breathe, and realize that you need to change. For yourself.

You can respond to this if you want, but I won’t read it.

This thread has been sidetracked enough.

Dynasty8

Except I'm not summoning AI or playing online because I enjoy the challenge. There was a new patch with nerfs/buffs 24 hours ago with a number of big changes and I haven't touched the game in over 2 years....can't even ask a simple fucking question lol.

Is there a good up to date beginners guide worth checking out? I played for about 20 hours or so when it first came out, but I'm planning on giving it another shot now.

Lol. You think your first post quoting a few of us was an invitation to debate? Now you are either stupid or a liar. My guess is both.

Back away from your keyboard, breathe, and realize that you need to change. For yourself.

You can respond to this if you want, but I won’t read it.

This thread has been sidetracked enough.

Alright my guy, well all I have to say is, respectfully, git gud.

Happy The Rock GIF

Top Bottom