• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring, Sekiro, Bloodborne as 1980's Dark Fantasy Movies

Draugoth

Gold Member
How long til we get an A.I generated movie?

ELDEN RING

R4FivF9.jpg
6lQMDGW.jpg
qR4mx17.jpg
BwlC4dk.jpg

RQt7zGQ.jpg
F1ueszj.jpg
R6Qx3qc.jpg
VGKVZdQ.jpg

zwi2U71.jpg
VBKTbx9.jpg
2HfAleH.jpg
IExzHyO.jpg

sf4hGxp.jpg
zP2EqNr.jpg
fhUIzxz.jpg
d23eBN2.jpg
7LFyWtD.jpg
MGknguZ.jpg
3dEbv8r.jpg
ussbRv6.jpg

H4u3u6A.jpg
ImnTwlv.jpg
MxzrMCI.jpg
Zh9aaYw.jpg

q4xA9C2.jpg
zvyBQRx.jpg
8FfOwp6.jpg
mCNyY3U.jpg

SlAi6q5.jpg
bjvbxOA.jpg
N9Anps0.jpg
ZI7FiPW.jpg

ZKEy1bu.jpg
UbFNCwJ.jpg
xQplrL2.jpg
972Mqqu.jpg

SEKIRO

b3WWQF5.jpg
HgFCgb1.jpg
nUvnaQb.jpg

G1TLUb4.jpg
frleSTV.jpg
Ucsu3oC.jpg

0f60Rm0.jpg
AMOJLPY.jpg
5llvkFX.jpg

GoMRRvN.jpg
bUaHeUE.jpg

Last edited:
Where do you think humans do?
From God obviously.
That isnt what I mean. The AI uses existing art and images to make these pictures. It has been proven that it is just copyright stealing, and it will eventually come under extreme scrutiny. These images are great, but they are not as original as they seem. parts are grabbed and stitched together. Those parts belonged to artists.

Emphasis on *most*

The average joe will definitely get replaced eventually. Only masters of their craft will keep their jobs.
This is silly. Most concept art is far more specific and unique than AI can make. These do look great, and they are fun, but they are not replacing real artists anytime soon. Everything I have seen so far.. and I have looked at a lot, looks worse than the images people post on steam pages. So considerably worse than fan art.

Just take a look at the real film poster above. For The Sword and the Sorcerer. Look how interesting and unique it is. That is 30 plus year old poster and it is more interesting than anything I have seen from an AI feeding off text.

Last edited:

MHubert

From God obviously.
That isnt what I mean. The AI uses existing art and images to make these pictures. It has been proven that it is just copyright stealing, and it will eventually come under extreme scrutiny. These images are great, but they are not as original as they seem. parts are grabbed and stitched together. Those parts belonged to artists.
First of all, that's not how image generation works - as in, the 'ai' doesn't stich together images from all over. It doesn't copy. If it did, this topic would be much simpler.
Whether or not something is copyrighted is irrelevant since nothing is holding you back from training an ai model on data without copyright. The funny thing is the 'original' part you mention: What we see now is some of the earliest and most primitive iterations. In the near future AI will produce content that goes beyond what any human is able to produce, and these discussions will seem almost silly.

I hereby invite you to my new thread: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/is-a...rnet-scraped-data-a-form-of-stealing.1648807/

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Just take a look at the real film poster above. For The Sword and the Sorcerer. Look how interesting and unique it is. That is 30 plus year old poster and it is more interesting than anything I have seen from an AI feeding off text.
For promotional art or anything more sophisticated, sure. Let the few experienced humans do the job.

I was referring to the bottom line. The people at the bottom will suffer.
If companies can save money by just using AI for some quick and dirty concepts they're likely to do it.
This will likely force concept artists to charge less money for their work.

Most optimistic scenario: companies will use AI to create some "base" art en masse, and will hire fewer artists to tweak that base art to the company's liking.
Just look at some concept art for The Witcher 3, AI art is as good if not better than it (pretty sure it uses photobashing):

The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-Concept-Art-68.jpg

The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-Concept-Art-1.jpg

I actually think the individual(s) who made this 80s movie art using AI had a brilliant idea. Artists are upset because of what you and the poster above are discussing, which is art made from the obvious usage of other art styles(including obvious artist signatures being cut off).

However, AI-art drawing from film is an entirely different beast that can’t really be referenced back to a particular style. This is nothing other than “80s fantasy movie sets”. There’s no way anyone can claim these are a direct ripoff of a single individual’s art because they would have to claim that the individual created all 80s fantasy movies. This was a genius move.

From God obviously.
... No it hasn't been "proven," you've never used the tool and you don't understand how the tool works or the technology behind it.

The only thing you could have seen is someone applying a subset tool 'img2img' to something over an image with very low 'denoising' which literally means keep the vast majority of the original image and only change it up slightly. This is akin to saying photography can only be used to copyright steal because someone filmed a movie. Not only is this one tool which is not needed, you don't need to reference any image at all with the tool to create art, but with high denoising the new art becomes impossible to connect to the original even if you were to reference an image, which once again is not necessary.

Its either that or you read a twitter thread of someone seething artist coping and lying, but in any case, the tool is not "copyright stealing."

Top Bottom