• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ellen Page (Inception Juno, etc) is now Elliot Page.

Calcium

Banned
What's astonishing is the speed at which the media and millions of people have gone from referring to her as a woman to talking about her as if she's always been man. That kind of rapid unthinking compliance is very cult-like.

Isn't that interesting? I'm sure I'd be accused of being transphobic by half the internet, but I don't really have a problem with sane trans people. That being said, the instant switch of pronouns that can seemingly happen overnight makes my mind numb. It'd take me weeks to adjust, maybe longer.

Riven326

Banned
Isn't that interesting? I'm sure I'd be accused of being transphobic by half the internet, but I don't really have a problem with sane trans people. That being said, the instant switch of pronouns that can seemingly happen overnight makes my mind numb. It'd take me weeks to adjust, maybe longer.
It's frightening. It's like a complete rejection of objective reality. Everything is subjective in this new world they're creating.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Today I am a lizard
Today, I'm still a guy. Still straight. And still like hot women.

Just wanted to tell the world that so I feel better. Not because you really care, but in my head if I tell a million people, I pretend they all care so my ego can jump 10 notches up the ladders of success.

I'll be posting this same message on my Twitter and Instagram accounts...... oh wait I never signed up for one.

Last edited:

Wizz-Art

2020. Where girls have penises and boys vaginas,

First male actor to be nominated for; Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role, While playing a pregnant teen girl. What a mindfuck!

I'm definately seeing “Hard Candy” in a different light now. More of a story about penis envy.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
2020. Where girls have penises and boys vaginas,

First male actor to be nominated for; Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role, While playing a pregnant teen girl. What a mindfuck!

I'm definately seeing “Hard Candy” in a different light now. More of a story about penis envy.
I thought the movie White Chicks had a couple Black guys pretending to be blonde bimbos.

Turns out they were a couple transgender women who look like Black guys, who pretend to be blondes.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
If she put anything else at the end of this sentence and actually meant it people would say she was crazy.

I feel I am really a .. chicken = crazy needs help
I feel I am really a .. tree. = crazy needs help
I feel I am really a .. pencil. = crazy needs help
I feel I am really a .. man. = brave!!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
There's basically a weird type of civil war going on - The "Tucutes" verses the "Transcum":

- TUCUTE: A self-assigned term for a person who hasn't suffered from gender dysphoria, yet still calls themselves transgender anyway. They seem to think one's sense of gender is a fun choice they can change anytime at will. They simply believe that if someone says they are trans, they are trans- No medical diagnosis needed. They believe anyone who wants to take hormones to permanently change their body should have the right to do so. They also love to create brand new genders and pronouns that no one will ever take seriously. They make snap decisions on who is transphobic and ban them immediately, and they call people who believe that transsexualism is a medical condition Truscum.

- TRUSCUM: A term Tucutes apply to people who subscribe to transmedicalist ideology- That being transgender means that one has suffered at least some form of gender dysphoria and a sense of incongruence with their birth sex. Most people do not self-label as Truscum; rather they are quickly stamped as such and kicked out of certain online trans spaces such as within Tumblr or Reddit. They understand the reality that hormone replacement therapy is nothing to take lightly and dangerous to experiment with.

rugbmOp.png

It's all basically just silly and unnecessary. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:
Interesting. Never knew that.

I thought the warring the trans community is engaged in is that issue where some trans people are fighting with the holistic LTQB community for a power grab.

I think it was trans vs. lesbians.

John Day

There's basically a weird type of civil war going on - The "Tucutes" verses the "Transcum":

- TUCUTE: A self-assigned term for a person who hasn't suffered from gender dysphoria, yet still calls themselves transgender anyway. They seem to think one's sense of gender is a fun choice they can change anytime at will. They simply believe that if someone says they are trans, they are trans- No medical diagnosis needed. They believe anyone who wants to take hormones to permanently change their body should have the right to do so. They also love to create brand new genders and pronouns that no one will ever take seriously. They make snap decisions on who is transphobic and ban them immediately, and they call people who believe that transsexualism is a medical condition Truscum.

- TRUSCUM: A term Tucutes apply to people who subscribe to transmedicalist ideology- That being transgender means that one has suffered at least some form of gender dysphoria and a sense of incongruence with their birth sex. Most people do not self-label as Truscum; rather they are quickly stamped as such and kicked out of certain online trans spaces such as within Tumblr or Reddit. They understand the reality that hormone replacement therapy is nothing to take lightly and dangerous to experiment with.

rugbmOp.png

This is enlightening(sp?). Thanks!!

Calcium

Banned
Interesting. Never knew that.

I thought the warring the trans community is engaged in is that issue where some trans people are fighting with the holistic LTQB community for a power grab.

I think it was trans vs. lesbians.

They are probably fighting about that too. The LGBT community is hilarious, they fucking hate each other but fully expect everyone else to embrace them.

I'm a Sega Dreamcast as of today.

Please refer to me as Sega.

Why the fuck not? If people can wake up and decide to literally go against biology and science and objective truth just because they feel like it, and the world feeds into their fiction and celebrates it as a new reality, then I can fucking call myself a machine and expect people to never argue with the sheer madness of it all.

Its exactly the same thing as this. She can fuck off, I refuse to go against science and objective truth just because the woke world try and demand that I do.

Riven326

Banned

Why the fuck not? If people can wake up and decide to literally go against biology and science and objective truth just because they feel like it, and the world feeds into their fiction and celebrates it as a new reality, then I can fucking call myself a machine and expect people to never argue with the sheer madness of it all.

Its exactly the same thing as this. She can fuck off, I refuse to go against science and objective truth just because the woke world try and demand that I do.
CoordinatedRecentAxolotl-size_restricted.gif

rugbmOp.png

This needs to be pinned in every trans-related thread on GAF.

Fascinating insight!

bender

What time is it?

Queer is different from gay? Is non-binary the same as bisexual?

Dear LGBT community,

I love you all and hope for your happiness but you endless cavalcade of descriptors is confusing. It reminds me when I took a job at Qwest for software testing on their server platform. In our first meeting they kept using the acronym DSL and I was like, "why are we talking about digital subscriber lines" in a testing lab. Turns out it meant Definitive Software Library. What was I talking about again? Why am I here? I'm too old and barely coherent. I just want to eat dinner at 4:00PM and watch Matlock.

Last edited:
Queer is different from gay? Is non-binary the same as bisexual?

Dear LGBT community,

I love you all and hope for your happiness but you endless cavalcade of descriptors is confusing. It reminds me when I took a job at Qwest for software testing on their server platform. In our first meeting they kept using the acronym DSL and I was like, "why are we talking about digital subscriber lines" in a testing lab. Turns out it meant Definitive Software Library. What was I talking about again? Why am I here? I'm too and barely coherent. I just want to eat dinner at 4:00PM and watch Matlock.

There's a street near me called Matlock

rofif

Banned
Announces "SHE" is transgender. not he. if He announced it, it would mean he is a she now.
Besides, why people do that anyway. You are still a woman, can't You just behave however You like ?

borborygmus

Announces "SHE" is transgender. not he. if He announced it, it would mean he is a she now.
Besides, why people do that anyway. You are still a woman, can't You just behave however You like ?

Motives: Malingering. Validation.

Motives of the enablers: Munchausen syndrome by proxy.

Last edited:
Your ability to read minds is amazing dear sir
Mate, you need to learn it's okay for people to have a different opinion and that you don't need to attack them for it.

I see this behaviour of yours in every thread you posted in so far.

DogofWar

Never understood the fuss about her anyway.
Don't care more now than I did before she confessed to being a Twitter user.

Soodanim

rugbmOp.png

I’m glad I didn’t miss this post, because this is crazy. It’s one of those things where it shouldn’t exist for so many reasons, but it explains a few things. I already know there’s a split between two types of people in the trans world, but the fact that it’s got to a point where there’s a derogatory name for the real transsexual people is mind-blowingly backwards.

The worst part is because of the vocal nature of the “tucute” side, the trans-trend people are giving the real transsexuals a bad name. I watch it happen online, where it’s more prevalent because it’s not the real world, but we all know how things bleed over. And it creates this situation where you come across someone who’s trans and you start wondering what sort of person they are (a question of legitimacy), and that’s fucking awful when you consider that gender dysphoria folk just was to live their lives and not draw attention to it. Especially as actions speak louder than words and the nature of the actions in this context are very private.

I don’t know if coming out ahead of time is necessarily the best way to go about this sort of thing. E Page is likely trying to use the given platform as a tool, but it invokes cognitive dissonance when you look and see a woman but are told now to override both instinct and learning and not use the sex-based label we all use. Do you have any insight there, Ailynn?

Edit: To clarify, as I just read an article that says “transtrender” is apparently an established derogatory term, that of course not everyone confirms precisely to one of two ideologies and there are legitimate cases where someone would have a reason to not get surgery and be happy with what they have. I’m referring to those individuals that undoubtedly exist who will likely give up being transgender because they’re rebelling/going through a phase/following a trend to be alternative.

I do however think it’s ridiculous to think Tucute, which apparently means “Too cute to be cis” would be given as an insulting name and Tuscum would be self-given. Seems to be quite telling. Side note: “Tuscum” on Urban Dictionary contains the phrase “Transphobic transgender person”.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I don’t know if coming out ahead of time is necessarily the best way to go about this sort of thing. E Page is likely trying to use the given platform as a tool, but it invokes cognitive dissonance when you look and see a woman but are told now to override both instinct and learning and not use the sex-based label we all use. Do you have any insight there, Ailynn?

Most level-headed transsexuals understand that it takes a while for people to adjust. It's honestly a transition in a way for the trans person and everyone that knew them from before.

For me, people that didn't know me before have no issues at all seeing me as a woman, and use feminine pronouns naturally. (This of course was later on in my transition...it took a while for the hormones to do their work.)

That being said, some of the people who knew me from before occasionally slip up on pronouns, and my family still uses my old name accidentally fairly often. Honestly, it's completely understandable and I don't let it get to me. It's just something that I've come to expect will happen occasionally, and that's okay! It doesn't mean they love me any less. :)

Really, all transsexuals hope that people will accept our open identity and that we won't be 'misgendered'...but I believe most understand it's a process for people in our lives. We need to have empathy for how difficult our transition can be for others as well....and accept their process in how they handle the change just as we hope they will accept us for who we really are.

HotPocket69

Banned

So stunning and incredibly brave of you, Sega! Very proud of you! Do you have any preferred pronouns that I can smell my own farts with?

Yamisan

Just started watching The Umbrella Corp season 1 last night, upto episode 4 and her acting is by far the worst on the show.

Top Bottom