• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elodie Yung cast as Elektra in Marvel/Netflix's Daredevil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Variety link

elodie-yung-elektra-daredevil.jpg

Elodie Yung has been cast as Elektra in the second season of “Marvel’s Daredevil,” Variety has confirmed.

The character is a favorite of fans of the Marvel comicbooks that serve as the basis for the popular Netflix series, which stars Charlie Cox as justice-seeking lawyer/vigilante Matt Murdock. Although she was hinted at in season one, Elektra has yet to appear in the series. The casting description simply describes her as “a mysterious woman from Matt Murdock’s past whose dangerous and exotic ways may be more than he can handle.” (Jennifer Garner portrayed Elektra in the 2003 “Daredevil” movie and in the 2005 spinoff).

Busty

Banned
Wasn't she in that 'cobbled together with masking tape and yet still somehow better than the original' GI Joe sequel?

She seems a good choice.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
I know who this is.

...I have no idea who this is. Good luck, whoever this is.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I guess casting a true Greek was too much?

I kind of like her anyway, seems like good casting

They might change her ethnicity for the series, seems aiight. Don't know her but she looks like she might be cool

Most excited for bernthal in the second season right now

kirblar

They might change her ethnicity for the series, seems aiight. Don't know her but she looks like she might be cool

Most excited for bernthal in the second season right now
She'll just be biracial on the show. Easy change. She looks more like Elektra than Garner ever did.

tomtom94

*insert joke about all the Greek actresses being too poor to attend the audition here*

Real talk, I trust the producers on this show after season 1 surpassed all expectations, so this seems fine

Frog-fu

Banned
Eh, she doesn't look Greek to me, but I have in this working out.

I'm praying Daredevil doesn't go the way of House of Cards.

otapnam

Shes french cambodian so she has some european ancestry. Its not like they got some blonde blue eyed girl to play her

rexor0717

Cool, glad to see this season is getting started on production so quickly. Mavel TV has been pretty damn good this past year.

I'm OK with this.

Eh, she doesn't look Greek to me, but I have in this working out.

I'm praying Daredevil doesn't go the way of House of Cards.

Matt "Is that a Playstation Vita?"
Other character "Yeah, how did you know?"
Matt "I can feel the rear touchpad. Even a blind man like me can play games on this!"
Foggy "And it's perfect for our on the go, busy lawyer lifestyle!".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom