• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elodie Yung cast as Elektra in Marvel/Netflix's Daredevil

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Netflix just tweeted this:

F5Za2zD.jpg

They need to change the helmet. The costume is okay enough. But the helmet makes his head look all squished up. Get rid of the contouring above the eyes and forehead, and uncover his nose.

And make it a little smaller so it actually fits his face instead of jostling around it.

Dalek

They need to change the helmet. The costume is okay enough. But the helmet makes his head look all squished up. Get rid of the contouring above the eyes and forehead, and uncover his nose.

And make it a little smaller so it actually fits his face instead of jostling around it.

Yeah you're right-this is the only thing that seems odd. It makes his face look fat, when he has a very thin face.

Philippo

HERE WE FUCKING GO

I want her as psycho as Miller made her in Man WIthout Fear, where she tries to get raped by a gang and then beat the shit out of them.

Oh and college flashbacks please.

Now just confirm that rumor that Vincent Piazza is in season 2 is true. He's just amazing. And Boardwalk Empire reunion would be awesome.

tumblr_lusslkTA3g1qgk2lf.gif

Don't know her body of work. She doesn't look Greek so maybe they are changing Elektra's origins.

Elektra fought with Sais. Greeks don't fight with Sais. Her origin being half asian or something can work. Her Greek origin doesn't contribute much to the character.

I've got a feeling she will be the daughter of that Japanese Ninja Mob Boss Daredevil killed.

lupinko

Don't know her body of work. She doesn't look Greek so maybe they are changing Elektra's origins.

She can still be Greek or part Greek.

Elektra fought with Sais. Greeks don't fight with Sais. Her origin being half asian or something can work. Her Greek origin doesn't contribute much to the character.

I've got a feeling she will be the daughter of that Japanese Ninja Mob Boss Daredevil killed.

That would actually tie in her Hand association a lot easier for the TV audience.

Not feeling it :<

*wants to feel IT*

But they've done well with S1 so I'll have faith in them that they know what they are doing

Elodie is very pretty, also <3 But not feeling her as Elektra.

;___;

Neoxon

So I've figured out that Marvel announces casting for their characters every time I take a nap.

That being said, solid casting on Marvel's part, can't wait to see what she delivers to the table in Daredevil Season 2. Then again, we all kinda expected Elektra to be in Season 2, the question was really about who was gonna play her. While I was hoping the actress was at least partially of Greek descent (correct me if I'm wrong about the actress' ancestry), I'll live.

jph139

Awesome. With no further casting news and filming having started I was afraid Punisher would be the only major new character this season. Fingers crossed we can get Bullseye and go for a hat trick.

I heard stupid good things about Daredevil but I am so behind in Marvel. I havent seen anything since arrow episode 15. Shield tv show I havent seen either.

Its so confusing figuring out what to see in what order.

I heard stupid good things about Daredevil but I am so behind in Marvel. I havent seen anything since arrow episode 15. Shield tv show I havent seen either.

Arrow is DC.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fits very easily into the film timescales.
Daredevil can be watched anytime. No order necessary. Maybe post Avengers, but that's really it.

kirblar

Daredevil you can watch whenever. Shield (As long as you've seen Winter Soldier/AoU) you can just start with S1E1- just be prepared for some S1 Buffy-style awkward stuff in the first half before it starts improving.

Especially when Arrow is not Marvel.
Just watch Daredevil. It's doesn't really matter if you've seen other Marvel stuff.

I guess casting a true Greek was too much?

I kind of like her anyway, seems like good casting

Wonder Woman is Israeli, I think we can handle Elektra being French Cambodian.

Let's just see if she's good with the fight choreography and has good chemistry with Daredevil, that's all that matters.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo

Did you think the DC logo at the beginning of each episode of Arrow was just a coincidence?

People ask for people of color in Marvel films, get it, and now question why they are playing a generally depicted as white character.

I suspect these are two separate sets of people (One - people who ask for PoCs in roles and Two - people who question non-PoC roles being given to PoCs). With maybe a little overlap.

I'd feel pretty stupid wearing an armored face mask that exposed one of the more sensitive and easy to break parts of my face.

Ithil

This season's getting Punisher and Elektra? I hope shit doesn't get Spider-Man 3 congested.

It's a season of 13 1-hour episodes, not a two hour movie. Even if Punisher/Elektra appeared in only two episodes each that would be more than Spider-Man 3 had for any of its villains.

I'd feel pretty stupid wearing an armored face mask

Superhero costumes are less about functionality and more about look. Daredevil's almost never had a costume where the nose wasn't left mostly open. There's only so much practicality you can build into something that's inherently bullshit in a live-action setting. I mean - he's also got horns on his fuckin head.

So if you're going to ask your audience to suspend disbelief enough to accept the ridiculousness of superhero costumes in general, you can at least try to find a way to better balance the "practicality" in adapting the art to live action without making your character look like a doofus wearing a poorly designed helmet a size and a half too big for him.

Basically - Chris Samnee already designed the best live-action helmet. They just didn't use it.

3821304-3023130552-Chris.jpg

Applebite

Hmm.. Part of why the show is great is because all the characters are pretty human. I fear it will fall apart as it grows increasingly comic book-y.

And now it's officially official:

“After a worldwide search, we found in Elodie the perfect actress to embody both Elektra’s impressive and deadly physicality, as well as her psychological complexity,” said Executive Producer and Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “Paired with Charlie as Matt Murdock, the two will bring one of the most beloved and tumultuous comic book relationships to life with all the accompanying sparks and spectacular action sequences the show is known for.”

She's decent enough, care more about how the character arc will play out in the show.

Oh shit for real, as who?
No idea. Maybe it's not even Daredevil, but it's most likely is. It's a rumor, but i hope it's true.
Marvel might just be lining up an exciting new addition to either their movie or TV universes. Latino Review reports that Vincent Piazza has taken a meeting with the studio, and because they're hearing "rumblings of a reunion", it's possible he's set to join former Boardwalk Empire cast-mate Charlie Cox on season 2 of Netflix's Daredevil. Obviously that may not be the case as Marvel has countless new projects in the pipeline, but if it is Daredevil, who could he play?
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=122216

Neoxon

I already posted this in the Daredevil OT, but I hope they go for something along the lines of this for Season 2 as far as the Daredevil costume goes.

tumblr_nous9w158C1rz64nto1_540.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom