• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ETA on GOW Ragnarök & future PC ports by PlayStation

Whatever lighting settings the PC port of GoW 2018 was using, don’t expect RT use in a cross-gen game like Ragnarök, same as HFW.
God Of War Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

TrebleShot

Absolute nonsense fan fiction. You just need a minor understanding on how these things work to be able to throw this nonsense out.

Ezekiel_

Banned
Every major Sony first-party PS4/Crossgen game I fully expect to be ported to PC eventually. It's a no brainer, and there's nothing a PS4 can do that a modern PC can't. There might be some exceptions though, like Spiderman.

Their rumoured GaaS-type games could potentially be PC day one also, for a bigger player base for crossplay.

It can allow them to sell more Dualsense controllers too, and their profit margins for those are very likely better than for the console.

PS5-only games are a bit trickier, I think, but possibly in a couple of years when NVMe drives are more common, at the end of this gen, for example.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Sony will launch 4-5 port every year... so just make the maths to see when we will see God of War Ragnarok or GT7 on PC.

No chance!

3 at a push. More likely 2 ports a year over the next 5 years. Which if you add/include titles that will be signed as console exclusive (i.e. on PC day#1 or close) is plenty of product.

4-5 a year would not be wise as they'd be burning through their back-catalog way too quickly for each of them to get the attention (they'd believe) deserved. The last thing they'd want is for big titles to get lost in the endless churn of the PC market.

The only reason to build up a presence more rapidly than that would be to establish their own storefront, which I don't see them doing in the immediate future.

Relique

Bring em on. Why would they port that rift apart trash instead of Bloodborne though. That thing is going to sell 10 copies max...
Old news but Collin Moriarty said on his podcast that he heard Bluepoint is doing some work on the original and will be developing some original Bloodborne content too. I believe him as he has Sony connections going way back to his IGN days he just doesn't leak much. Here is a link to his original discord post. He later doubled down during one of his Sacred Symbols podcast episodes. If this is true it's still unclear if it will end up on PC too, but if Demon's Souls does I don't see why not

4hN6Lzx.jpeg

And no Spider-Man too. Thanks god I played this on Pro because I would be pissed other way, waiting for a PC port that don't seems to be planned.

Yeah sorry about that, I forgot to replace 'ETA' by 'State'. My bad.
It seems he had a different account where he posted that Spider-Man was one of the games coming. Some of the other stuff in there is hard to believe though

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
No chance!

3 at a push. More likely 2 ports a year over the next 5 years. Which if you add/include titles that will be signed as console exclusive (i.e. on PC day#1 or close) is plenty of product.

4-5 a year would not be wise as they'd be burning through their back-catalog way too quickly for each of them to get the attention (they'd believe) deserved. The last thing they'd want is for big titles to get lost in the endless churn of the PC market.

The only reason to build up a presence more rapidly than that would be to establish their own storefront, which I don't see them doing in the immediate future.
I mean there are several games in the pipeline for port before they start with PS5 titles.
How much time do you believe it will take? That is why I hope at least 4-5 ports per year.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Said games including Ragnarok, Rift Apart, Demon Souls, Forbidden West, GT7, Ghost of Tsushima and the likes will all be receiving PC ports.
Guerilla Games will handle Forbidden West, Iron Galaxy is porting Uncharted to PC, Blind Squirrel games and Jetpack interactive are currently busy porting over Ratchet 2016 and Rift Apart to PC.
Polyphony is doing GT7. Bluepoint is bringing Demon Souls to PC. Nixxies has been working on Ghost of Tsushima and it's DLC for some time now.

God of War Ragnarok will come to PC as well with Jetpack interactive and Blind Squirrel collaboratibg again once they finish work on the Ratchet ports.
After this Sony will begin to phase in PC ports more casually so they can release them within months to a year from it's original release.
Makes sense.

Everyone knows Sony is going the PC port route. Just a matter of when and which games. So for anyone in denial, you got face reality. Sony didnt buy up Nixxes and call their Steam name Playstation PC LLC so that the upcoming Uncharted PC game will be the last PC game ever. Or they do all this effort for one PC port every 2 two years.

I wouldnt be surprised if more PC ports come later this year after Uncharted.

Horizon: Aug 2020
DG: May 2021
GoW: Jan 2022
UC: TBA but 2022

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
A data mine and a rumour that still remains a rumour makes this guy credible?

Lol okay
Fucking who? Popular? High credible?
Oh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

What a resume, it’s no wonder he doesn’t use his real name, he could be in BIG trouble
You know I'm not the one doing the wording, right?
And I didn't knew that a rumor needed to be from a credible, vetted and confirmed source (kind of an opposition, don't you think?) to be posted.
Finally I don't understand the principle of clicking to look at a 'rumor' thread if by default for you, it's bullshit.

unknown.png

rumour (ˈruːmə)
a currently circulating story or report of
uncertain or doubtful truth.

Notabueno

Banned
Going to call BS given there's a 116m install base on PS4 vs 18m on PS5 which is why games have been cross-platforms, although as predicted the PS5 is slowing down and is nearing 1.5 millions units behind the PS4 for the same period, which means they could accelerate the switch to being publishers on PC.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
1440p/60 fps w/RT. What else do you want.
It’s never so easy. So why there is another 1440p60 mode of this one is that + rt. who would want that?!
And 4k30?! Just to see how sharp the game could look….
I hate the modes for most part

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
It’s never so easy. So why there is another 1440p60 mode of this one is that + rt. who would want that?!
And 4k30?! Just to see how sharp the game could look….
I hate the modes for most part

Objectively better than just having a single 30 fps mode which is what I came to expect of consoles

Yoboman

Makes sense. I expect they are still awhile off though, you'll be looking at about 2 years before PC ports. Gives time to keep the IP in peoples minds during 4 year development windows

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
With the exception of missing Ray Tracing on that 1440p/60fps mode for GOWR, whoever this person is, they will be right.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Streaming PS5 games on PS4, porting PS5 games to PC...

Remind me again why PS5 games require a DualSense controller?
So you replace your previous controllers with dual sense.

You can use a dual sense controller on a PC, maybe they force pc users to get one as well.

Banned
well, I mean, it's an open secret.

what is interesting tho is that they had a PS4 version of Ratchet in development. I really would have loved to see that run on PS4.

Banned
Streaming PS5 games on PS4, porting PS5 games to PC...

Remind me again why PS5 games require a DualSense controller?

BECAUSE SONY WANTS TO SELL MORE AND ALSO BLOCKS 3RD PARTY PRODUCTS WITH THIS LIMITATION
that has always been the reason, no matter what narrative the Sony defense force wants to push. it was clear from the very start since you can literally disable EVERY SINGLE unique feature of that thing and still play all games without issue.

you can already play PS5 with remote play, and GUESS WHAT? remote play ONLY supports DualShock 4s xD

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
All the things in OP are already very heavily being rumored for a while, nothing really new there.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Every major Sony first-party PS4/Crossgen game I fully expect to be ported to PC eventually. It's a no brainer, and there's nothing a PS4 can do that a modern PC can't. There might be some exceptions though, like Spiderman.

Their rumoured GaaS-type games could potentially be PC day one also, for a bigger player base for crossplay.

It can allow them to sell more Dualsense controllers too, and their profit margins for those are very likely better than for the console.

PS5-only games are a bit trickier, I think, but possibly in a couple of years when NVMe drives are more common, at the end of this gen, for example.
There are more PCs with NVME than consoles. If it is needed, they can put them under minimum specs.
So you replace your previous controllers with dual sense.

You can use a dual sense controller on a PC, maybe they force pc users to get one as well.
Steam has tools to allow unsupported controllers, which is how most PS controllers are used. You can use whatever you want on PC. God of War with an N64 controller? Go for it.

mejin

BECAUSE SONY WANTS TO SELL MORE AND ALSO BLOCKS 3RD PARTY PRODUCTS WITH THIS LIMITATION
that has always been the reason, no matter what narrative the Sony defense force wants to push. it was clear from the very start since you can literally disable EVERY SINGLE unique feature of that thing and still play all games without issue.

you can already play PS5 with remote play, and GUESS WHAT? remote play ONLY supports DualShock 4s xD

craig-no-need-to-be-upset.gif

tommib

200.gif

CamHostage

Astrobot streaming on PS4? lmao

That and Ratchet Rift Apart on PS4 are red flags to call BS on this. (Not that you couldn't do Rift Apart on past-gen if you really had to, you could cheat the full-stage rift transitions with video for instance, but why bother when you can simply offer the product through streaming, same as Microsoft is doing with Flight Sim instead of porting it as originally planned.) Everything else is based on commonly-available info (mixing it with educated guesses as to who the port studio would be) or previously circled rumors. Tellingly, there are zero new titles or even any unknown-to-Sony developers contracted to make a game in this rumor set. No bold reveals like, "New Blahblah game from Blackjack coming TBD 20XX..." that you'd have to put a pin in for later and see if it ever came true. I'm not putting much faith in anything here, other than the things I already was leaning towards assuming even before this came out. We'll see, I guess.

Going to call BS given there's a 116m install base on PS4 vs 18m on PS5 which is why games have been cross-platforms, although as predicted the PS5 is slowing down and is nearing 1.5 millions units behind the PS4 for the same period, which means they could accelerate the switch to being publishers on PC.

Well, but many of those users are dormant shoppers. The reason cross-gen typically ends after a short while (if it's even common on a new hardware) is because the new platform's products begin to vastly outsell the same products on older hardware, to the point where supporting the past generation is of dwindling value, even with millions of hardware units on the market. We're already seeing PS5 copies of games like Horizon FW outsell the PS4 versions by a wide margin (even though in this case cross-buy is advantageous to get the PS4 copy for a $10 discount.) This gen has seen an unusually high level of support for the past platforms, thanks in part to the ease of past-gen support with scalable engines, the economic desire of past-gen support due to the slow availability of hardware, and the difficulty of next-gen exclusive optimization/experimentation due to the pandemic. I wouldn't say there was anything extraordinary in the install bases of these consoles that would be different in long-term support from what happened with PS3, PS2, or PS1?

I don't understand why people are mad others will be able to play their games. This guy's life won't change because games are getting ported to other platforms.
In fact, the more sales a game gets, the better the games will be in the future.

Making games exclusive to 50M consoles available when they cost like 150M dollars makes no sense right now...

I tried to explain to him that God of War’s PC port probably paid for two 1st party games or the Haven acquisition, he wasn’t having it. Some people just want to suffer

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I have foreseen it…

glad to see Returnal not on the list…

Last edited:

sendit

Makes sense.

Everyone knows Sony is going the PC port route. Just a matter of when and which games. So for anyone in denial, you got face reality. Sony didnt buy up Nixxes and call their Steam name Playstation PC LLC so that the upcoming Uncharted PC game will be the last PC game ever. Or they do all this effort for one PC port every 2 two years.

I wouldnt be surprised if more PC ports come later this year after Uncharted.

Horizon: Aug 2020
DG: May 2021
GoW: Jan 2022
UC: TBA but 2022

Great, the sooner this happens. The sooner I can completely dump console gaming.

Banned
Great, the sooner this happens. The sooner I can completely dump console gaming.

I wish that was true, but with so many devs not being able to COMPILE THEIR FUCKING SHADERS in a way that the game doesn't stutter... I mean... sometimes console will be the bets option sadly

Hezekiah

Banned
Tldr: buy an £800 PC if you want a reasonable spec and access to PC, Xbox and PS games with no subscription costs and competitive pricing.
£800 is a pretty mediocre PC these days. You're looking at well £1,000 unless you're happy having some cheap, lower quality components in your rig.

Nothing surprising, with the Nvidia leaks it's pretty safe to bet on the pc ports that are on the way, same goes for Sony being done with crossgen games after Ragnarok (it would be ridiculous if they announced yet another crossgen game at this point other that Factions or some other GaaS).

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
So has this person actually leaked anything that came true?

Because we have no clue if Bend studio is actually working on some stealth title, and that second link isn't a "leak" at all but someone reporting on data mined files after Elden Ring released.
See my post here

Top Bottom