• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Eurogamer] The "significant majority" of Diablo 4 players "haven't finished the game yet"

sigmaZ

So glad I skipped this one. Played open beta and knew it wasn't for me. Cool Hellraiser-esque cutscenes though.

The Game came out 11 days ago.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
This, lol. Stupid fucking article doesn't take into account that people have lives outside of video games.

Kacho

Yeah I’m one of them and I’m done with the game. Finished Act II and I know the game isn’t what I’m looking for in an ARPG. Big swing and miss for Blizz IMO.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Welp…the game just isn’t good, so that’s probably the main reason. Other reasons include it hasn’t been out long and people have responsibilities like work and families and can’t dedicate 4+ hours a day to gaming.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Game has not been out long enough to even be discussing this. This and the FFXVI boycott article came from Eurogamer. They got to do better.

Last edited:
This isn’t really surprising. New games come out practically daily and games are getting bigger and longer. I finish my games usually especially if I pay good money for them, but I can imagine it’s difficult for most who just don’t have the time, patience or even the skills to do it.

bender

What time is it?
I've only been playing co-op with a friend. We are 17 hours in and we hit level 39 tonight. Still in Act 1. He wanted to play on World Tier 2 for better loot. Not sure that's helping a ton. Ha! I'm at six legendries to his five. We've mostly cleared side quests and only run into one brick wall (a spider boss in a dungeon that summons enemies that explode when you kill them while the boss can slow/stun you...fun). It really doesn't feel like there is a difficulty curve to the game which was one of my complaints about the beta.

Garibaldi

I'm lvl 27 still in act 1. Just got over the death lake from the beta. The game released 11 days ago and we're having a lovely little heatwave this week (in the UK). Why the hell do they want us stuck in doors, grinding for higher number popups?

I've got sunburn and hayfever to be concentrating on pal.

ahtlas7

I got lots more going on in life than playing vidya games. I play a little every day or two. Think I’m lvl 28 in the early area still. Same for TotK, still early in the game.

sendit

Campaign beat within 2 days of early access. Pressing ESC to skip the story and watching a YouTube recap is the way to go.

The game doesn’t start until you hit 50.

Also, leveling from 50 onwards is a handled a bit different. For every level above 50, there are 4 checkpoints per level that net you 1 paragon point per checkpoint. For example, if you're level 50 you're essentially leveling 4 times before you hit 51.

Last edited:

Allandor

Couldn't finish the game do far, because I don't have so much time to play the game.
Meanwhile I am down to 3-4h a week. So I just need much more time to "finish" a game. It is really mich to soon for such a statistic.

Joramun

I’m level 84. This game falls off a Cliff after 50.

Enjoy the campaign . It’s all downhill from there.
I disagree.

There are a lot of side quests within the regions to complete, PVP, nightmare dungeons and general hack and slash.

Last edited:
Lvl 29 and still in ACT 1. I've been playing coop and we have enjoyed it so far. Rogue is my main but I want to get back to the Druid at some point. Seems like that is the class that people are avoiding right now. I was not a fan of 3 at all but this one is surprisingly good. Hoping that the wheels don't fall off further in.

Joramun

Lvl 29 and still in ACT 1. I've been playing coop and we have enjoyed it so far. Rogue is my main but I want to get back to the Druid at some point. Seems like that is the class that people are avoiding right now. I was not a fan of 3 at all but this one is surprisingly good. Hoping that the wheels don't fall off further in.
The Druid gets better at higher levels. Not sure why Blizz did it that way. Check this link for build guides: https://maxroll.gg/d4/build-guides?...omies.classes&filter[classes][value]=d4-druid

Isn't that the standard? Beside Telltale like games, almost all games have a rather low completion rate and even Walking Dead is not at 100% since some people start all sorts of games just to hop to the next game sometimes already after the intro level?

Braag

I'm lv.85 and I'm thinking of waiting for the first season. Dunno how some people can play to 100.
I can push fairly high tiers of NM dungeons, but what's the point? Glyphs that I use are all at lv.15, the loot, gold and xp is all the same, doesn't matter what NM dungeon tier is.
Helltides don't really offer me anything interesting and whispering tree quests are a complete waste of time. The world bosses happen rarely and drop fuck all.
I've found the same few uniques (that are useless for me) over and over. The very very occasional upgrade I find is extremely miniscule.
My only drive would be to level up and get more paragon points, but meh.
I've done some pvp too and it's okay I guess?

But I feel like there's nothing to play towards, I wish they added some uniques and cosmetic items that you can ONLY find from whispering tree caches or ONLY from helltides. And give higher xp, gold and magic find in higher tier NM dungeons, that would do a lot to keep players want to play the end game.

Right now I'm just waiting for the season to start so I can roll a new character.

Top Bottom