• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable New Trailer Revealed | Xbox Showcase 2023

Rykan

And what i showed was gameplay. Mate, dunno who rattled your cage but that conversation was over a while ago, get back in your box.
Describe the Gameplay from the footage.

Oh right, you can't. There's no gameplay there, just a cutscene. Just acknowledge that you don't have a point here and move on.

Last edited:

Edder1

Dude, western devs have a weird fetish for women that look like ugly men. Some serious mental illness going around in the industry right now. It's probably gonna go down as a weird cringy period in gaming after all is said and done.

Last edited:

Rykan

Mate there's gifs of gameplay further up the thread. I really can't be arsed arguing with you about a videogame.
You indeed shouldn't be “arguing” about video games, because you're unable to tell the difference between cutscenes and actual gameplay. There was NO gameplay footage shown. All of they've shown are cutscenes. The fact that what they have shown is in engine or "in game" does not make it Gameplay. Let this go.

Batiman

Banned
Gr
Dude, western devs have a weird fetish for women that look like ugly men. Some serious mental illness going around in the industry right now.
i find it more of a mental problem of people needing attractive women in their games. Her being ugly is the point and fits in perfect with the fable theme.

It’s kinda genius tbh. Everyone losing their minds

Last edited:

Edder1

I find it more of a mental problem of people needing attractive women in their games. Her being ugly is the point and fits in perfect with the fable theme.

It’s kinda genius tbh. Everyone losing their minds
I'd take your point more seriously if this was exclusive to this game or once in a while thing, but having very ugly butch women in games has become a common trend nowadays and is something that started not that long ago. In fact we have instances of devs openly talking on Twitter about making women less attractive on purpose as some kind of social justice statement.

Last edited:

Rykan

Are you high? You brought it up. Good night.
Um, No. You've been responding to several posters inaccurately claiming that Fable showed Gameplay because you don't understand the difference between "in game" and "Gameplay".

supernova8

Banned
With context (clothing, voice etc) you're like "alright fine maybe just a really ugly woman"
Se7cgwt.jpg

but then just zoom in on the face and...
vuWR9m1.jpg

that's a dude right

Last edited:
Describe the Gameplay from the footage.

Oh right, you can't. There's no gameplay there, just a cutscene. Just acknowledge that you don't have a point here and move on.

Bro there was clear gameplay what are you on about?
With context (clothing, voice etc) you're like "alright fine maybe just a really ugly woman
Se7cgwt.jpg

but then just zoom in on the face and...
vuWR9m1.jpg

that's a dude right
Young Brendan Fraser

Robb

Gold Member
It was a fun trailer. I like the look of it although I’d have liked to know what the gameplay is like.

Visuals in this looked stunning

Gave me god of war vibes in terms of set pieces too

I actually think some segments were semi taken from gameplay and think this will be representative of the visual quality during gameplay even though gameplay wasn’t directly shown

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Looks amazing for real, I loved that trailer with the perfect tone and humor. Feels good to see Fable again.
And I couldn't care less about the female face, you can customize it so this is not a problem. No date is a bummer tho, let's hope it's 2024.

Shh

Why do female leads in games these days all look like big toes?

Regardless, I’m very excited about this game.

Sony

Nintendo
Visuals in this looked stunning

Gave me god of war vibes in terms of set pieces too

I actually think some segments were semi taken from gameplay and think this will be representative of the visual quality during gameplay even though gameplay wasn’t directly shown

PlayGround confirmed it was all in-game.

No, in-game means in in-game. There were also trailers in the showcase that said in-engine.
One of the devs even confirmed on twitter it was captured on a Series X:

Very impressive, so they were basically gameplay snippets shot at cinematic angles?

Beautiful looking game

Varteras

Gold Member
In-game just means In-engine right?

Maybe there’s a distinction I’m missing

So there are 4 levels.

CG - We know what that means.
In-Engine - Meaning it was rendered in the game engine but done so in a way that will not be replicated in the final product. Pretty much always because the consumer hardware can't pull it off in real-time. These always looks better than what you actually see in the game.
In-Game - Meaning the game will look like this in many instances but not necessarily always, depending on what is being shown. The game is capable of being rendered this way in real-time on consumer hardware.
Gameplay - What the game actually looks like when you are in control of the character. These last two can be one and the same depending.

The last two can and have looked better in trailers only to eventually be downgraded for varying reasons. But until release, there is no reason to believe they won't achieve that.

Robb

Gold Member
Wouldn’t surprise me if the game will look like this in the end, Forza Horizon 5 looks stunning and is a cross-gen title so the engine they’ve got seem more than capable.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So there are 4 levels.

CG - We know what that means.
In-Engine - Meaning it was rendered in the game engine but done so in a way that will not be replicated in the final product. Pretty much always because the consumer hardware can't pull it off in real-time. These always looks better than what you actually see in the game.
In-Game - Meaning the game will look like this in many instances but not necessarily always, depending on what is being shown. The game is capable of being rendered this way in real-time on consumer hardware.
Gameplay - What the game actually looks like when you are in control of the character. These last two can be one and the same depending.

The last two can and have looked better in trailers only to eventually be downgraded for varying reasons. But until release, there is no reason to believe they won't achieve that.

If it's in-game and captured on console hardware, that's probably a pretty good indicative of what the final game will look like, barring any artistic or technical changes (like changing puddle locations).

Thief1987

No, in-game means in in-game. There were also trailers in the showcase that said in-engine.
One of the devs even confirmed on twitter it was captured on a Series X:

Uncharted 4 reveal was also "captured on PS4". In offline. On a farm of PS4s. It doesn't mean anything if you don't know how exactly it was "captured".

Top Bottom