• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

N° 2048

The DLC I am most excited for. Still haven't finished Far Habor and haven't started Vault DLC either. Jumping straight into Nuka World.

d00d3n

Heard it was even bigger than Far Harbor. I think this is the DLC to draw me back in full time.

Yeah, seems similar in size or larger to me. I think it is priced lower, though ... Without having played much of the DLC at all, the "pitch" seems very combat oriented, even compared with the base game. It seems unlikely that we will find any larger non-hostile settlements in the nuka world map.

NBtoaster

opening comment

lol is this a new record for the fastest newcomer->leader story in a Bethesda game

It doesn't bother me but they can't have been unaware they were falling for that particular trope. Maybe it will turn out differently.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
opening comment

lol is this a new record for the fastest newcomer->leader story in a Bethesda game

It doesn't bother me but they can't have been unaware they were falling for that particular trope. Maybe it will turn out differently.
By the time you enter dlc you have already defeated the remnants of the old world and 3 superpowers. Wtf can some raider chumps do to you.

Volimar

Looks like Steam has Fallout 4 scheduled for an update. Hopefully a bugfix because I keep crashing when I enter workshop mode...

void666

Banned
opening comment

It's only natural. We, the main character, are a god after all.

So, my game was crashing non stop as i aproached the new area entrance at the commonwealth. I guessed it was caused by UI mods. Automatron had some similar issue.
I disabled all my UI mods. Which sucks because the vanilla UI is atrocious. But then i was able to proceed.

The HUB area runs like shit. I can't blame it entirely on the game as i'm using ENB and reshade.
Didn't do much story stuff. But i like the overall feeling of nuka world.
I just hate like my character sounds like a fool no matter what dialogue option i choose.
Voiced MC was a mistake.
It's nothing but thrash.

It's only natural. We, the main character, are a god after all.

So, my game was crashing non stop as i aproached the new area entrance at the commonwealth. I guessed it was caused by UI mods. Automatron had some similar issue.
I disabled all my UI mods. Which sucks because the vanilla UI is atrocious. But then i was able to proceed.

The HUB area runs like shit. I can't blame it entirely on the game as i'm using ENB and reshade.
Didn't do much story stuff. But i like the overall feeling of nuka world.
I just hate like my character sounds like a fool no matter what dialogue option i choose.
Voiced MC was a mistake.
It's nothing but thrash.

Now that all the story content is out, I hope someone does a mod to replace the voice acting of the main character. That and to replace dog meat with a corgi. The only mods I ask for.

Sorry if it's been already asked.
My FPS are high, the game runs literally fast forward and it's unplayable. Tried to force v-sync from Nvidia control panel but nothing. What should i do? Can i edit the .ini somehow ?

RodzTF

Thinking of going into Nuka World DLC with absolutely nothing in my inventory.

I'm level 68 so kinda OP and have the best weapons so I think going in empty will freshen it up for me, just being able to utilise the DLC weapons, armour etc.

Anyone advise against this?

d00d3n

Thinking of going into Nuka World DLC with absolutely nothing in my inventory.

I'm level 68 so kinda OP and have the best weapons so I think going in empty will freshen it up for me, just being able to utilise the DLC weapons, armour etc.

Anyone advise against this?

Do you have high sneak? The first section contains a pretty incredible amount of turrets and few enemies. It may be difficult to proceed unless you can lash out high DPS on turrets. Maybe if you run smartly with preexisting knowledge of where to go, I guess ... The section contains an incredible amount of traps as well, though ...

Sorry if it's been already asked.
My FPS are high, the game runs literally fast forward and it's unplayable. Tried to force v-sync from Nvidia control panel but nothing. What should i do? Can i edit the .ini somehow ?

You can use ENBoost. It even uses an in game menu so you change it while playing.

Downloading Nuka World.

My main modded character takes about 25 minutes to load, its probably because each settlement is a sprawling mass of modded buildings which are well above the allowed amount.

My other modded character took 3 minutes.

So, is the season pass worth 30€?
On my first playthrough I gave up after 50 hours. Now I'm starting again as a sneaky asshole with more mods.
Only interested in the story DLC, fuck all settlement building.

Tigress

So, is the season pass worth 30€?
On my first playthrough I gave up after 50 hours. Now I'm starting again as a sneaky asshole with more mods.
Only interested in the story DLC, fuck all settlement building.

I like them and for the ones I would have gotten now that I've played them (basically that after playing them I'd still buy them again) it was worth it. But.... I like the game a lot (Not as much as New Vegas or 2 but it's my third favorite Fallout that I've played now and I like all the Fallouts honestly).

I am not sure it would be so worth it if you found the game meh (but that would be my assessment of any game I found meh... I don't think I'd want to pay for DLC to make it longer if I already didn't find the game great in the first place).

Buuuuut.... I hear Far Harbor at least brings back some RPG elements that are sorely missing in 4 (and honestly if 4 had better RPG elements it would be a hard time to decide between 2 and it as my 2nd favorite). Like some actual skill checks and dialogue trees that it matters what you respond. So I'd say maybe Far Harbor is worth it at least (it sounds like it may be better than the main game).

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Game has done nothing but crashing now ps4 version
Mine too. Crashes while loading my save. Deleted the most recent one but it makes no difference. Completely unable to finish my game.

I've just about had with the inherent jank of this franchise, most especially on PlayStation platforms.

Jake2by4

Mine too. Crashes while loading my save. Deleted the most recent one but it makes no difference. Completely unable to finish my game.

I've just about had with the inherent jank of this franchise, most especially on PlayStation platforms.
Guess the latest patch broke something. Shit is unacceptable.

N° 2048

Interesting, I've been using my first save that's 300 hours+ with dupe glitch + settlement size glitch used many times and I am playing Nuka World with no crashes.

Hope you guys find a fix :(

All of you experiencing crashes on PC, it might be a problem with the DEF_UI mod

I installed the hot fix they have up on Nexus and everything is running smoothly now

Maiorum

I haven't played this game since I beat the story, but now that all the DLC is out, I want to jump back in. Do the story faction choices affect the DLC storylines in any way?

I haven't played this game since I beat the story, but now that all the DLC is out, I want to jump back in. Do the story faction choices affect the DLC storylines in any way?

Slight changes in Far Harbor. Like there may be a small mission or a different dialogue branch available based on who you sided with.

Tigress

Does anyone know if you can shoot the members of one gang without all of them going hostile? My character has already decided she has no use for two of the gangs (she's not evil but she's pragmatic and is thinking one do them may be at least convinced to do good at least if there is profit).
I know you can get the gangs to turn on you if you favor one but is I'd like her to be refusing them instead of the other way around
. Also, can I keep on any gangs good side without raiding my settlements or turning on the Minutemen (she sees the Minutemen as her army so no way is she turning on them).

Edit: I just tried shooting a pack member to see if they all go after me and only pack members attacked me. But either don't kill disciples if you want gage to not go aggro or don't kill raiders where he sees you (can't tell cause he's only hanging around disciples).

AHA-Lambda

ok, how do i make a settlement happy?

I never bothered with that stuff before and it's irritating me now, I'm building things and my happiness isn't going up, but instead the goal is going up???

I had a 30% target now for some reason it's at 92%, but my actual happiness is 25%

Jake2by4

ok, how do i make a settlement happy?

I never bothered with that stuff before and it's irritating me now, I'm building things and my happiness isn't going up, but instead the goal is going up???

I had a 30% target now for some reason it's at 92%, but my actual happiness is 25%

Build medical clinics.

Finished Nuka World and now I'm wrapping up all the other achievements. Took me an hour to find a Nuka Cola mixing station. I felt so dumb since I know I found a few while playing through it's missions.

Vic_Viper

Just finished downloading Nuka World but I've got a question before I start playing to see if I should wait a bit.

How does joining up with the raiders affect my other settlements in game? I've heard you can set up a raider base and do something with the other settlements but not sure what. Will it change the nature of my settlements? Should I hold off until I'm pretty much done with my settlements before joining a group of raiders?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I recommend you guys rebuild your console's database after installing the lastest patch and Nuka World.
It might help fixing bugs and crashes.

Well Nuka-World is a disappointing end to what was, ultimately, quite a disappointing game.

It is a perfect distillation of the main game, a (literal) theme park that lacks a real hook. All the zones/attractions are really cool but the only thing you do at them is kill everything for some Raiders for...reasons. Like, you get made the boss of these gangs within minutes, the gangs have only a superficial difference and no real backstory, and they all just accept you as leader (but then they make you go do their dirty work). I spent hours killing any Raider that moved, built these settlements all over the Commonwealth and this DLC says "fuck that, let's undo it all for no real reason." Sure, you can kill them all but no more quests for you!

And whoever decided that the trophy would be for 100,000 tickets is the worst. I have every single trophy/achievement in 3, New Vegas, and 4 up to that one (and the kill 40 enemies under influence of Nuka recipes, which seems bugged for me) and there is no way I am gonna grind the same crappy arcade games for it.

What a waste of what should have been a great setting. Far Harbor remains the only worthwhile DLC.

I tried doing the Nuka Cade tickets but it's just so boring. Only did like two rounds on the bandit game before I called it quits and played Overwatch instead.

N° 2048

Why do I like Nuka World way more than Far Harbor?

I am just loving it. I am also a huge fan of post-apoc theme parks though.

Top Bottom