• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Really annoyed that Bethesda isn't even allowing mods on PS4 that don't use new textures, new sounds, and are within the size limit. There are plenty of great mods that meet that criteria.
I agree as well but if this recent murmur of Sony demanding mods be sent through QA then I can understand why they haven't. I wish both Sony and Bethesda would release additional statements on the matter but it seems like it's over now and we're just gonna have to grin and bear it. Hopefully the backlash changes Sony/Bethesda's mind on the matter.

got back into this game recently and having a good time. I think it's running a little better than it did last time since I've properly set my ram to 1600mhz and got another 8GB.

My question is, is it even possible to get stable 60fps on this game with a gtx970? It feels like the settings have little to no effect and maybe gain 5fps? other than shadows and god rays, which have a bigger effect.

I feel like i'd rather just have the 40-60 fps experience with nice visuals than 50-60fps with it looking ugly.

My question is, is it even possible to get stable 60fps on this game with a gtx970? It feels like the settings have little to no effect and maybe gain 5fps? other than shadows and god rays, which have a bigger effect.

I feel like i'd rather just have the 40-60 fps experience with nice visuals than 50-60fps with it looking ugly.

I was able to get a stable 60 fps on my 970 at release with the exception of the usual problem areas (Downtown Boston, the Corvega factory). Don't know if those areas have been patched since.

maKxOAD.jpg
Hmm, I wonder why that house glows so brightly.

OH GOD, NOT GOOD

RIP

I was able to get a stable 60 fps on my 970 at release with the exception of the usual problem areas (Downtown Boston, the Corvega factory). Don't know if those areas have been patched since.

I am in far harbor.. that area has worse performance, they say.

I guess i'll just turn the FPS counter off and bear it.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Got only the story-based achievements of Nuka-World left to get and somehow the thought of giving setllements to raiders does not feel right.

Vic_Viper

How do I get purified water in Sanctuary to use in crafting? I have like 5 industrial sized water purifiers but have 0 in my workshop. Do I need to assign settlers to it?

Also why cant I seem to get anymore settlers? It seems like ive stopped at 11 even after setting up everything. Even have 2 radio beacons lol and dogs!

Venture

How do I get purified water in Sanctuary to use in crafting? I have like 5 industrial sized water purifiers but have 0 in my workshop. Do I need to assign settlers to it?

Also why cant I seem to get anymore settlers? It seems like ive stopped at 11 even after setting up everything. Even have 2 radio beacons lol and dogs!
You should be making tons of water. I read something on the Fallout Wiki that said if you have more than 5 drink items (any kind of drinks, dirty water, alcohol, etc.) stored in the workbench water won't be automatically produced. Never heard that before but it's worth checking. Try taking all the drinks out of your workbench and see if water starts accumulating.

As for population, the max population of a settlement is something like 10 plus 1 for every point of charisma you have. Unless your charisma is 1 you should be able to get more settlers. I think if you have 4 or more current settlers unassigned to a job, new settlers won't come. Make sure everyone you already have is assigned to some kind of job.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef

Do you have the water purifiers connected to a generator?

Going by the lack of activity in this thread I'm going to guess most people have already bounced off the game before Nuka-World came out. Which is too bad because to me it's the best thing Bethesda did with the entirety of Fallout 4. It's rejuvenated me with this game.

I'm still playing Nuka World, thoroughly enjoying it. Just finished the Cappy quest line which was awesome

If I have some criticism is that some areas in the park don't feel as fleshed out as the rest. Kiddie Kingdom and the Galactic Zone are incredible but Dry Rock and Safari Adventure seems kinda small in comparison.

Still a great DLC

N° 2048

Nuka World > Far Harbor

Also stopped playing because fuck the whole PS4 mods thing. Never touching a Bethesda game on a Sony console again.

Put 500 hours into Fallout 4 on PS4 already.
I'm done.

I never expected them to come through once they announced they would be launching later than Xbox. Bethesda has never given a shit about Sony consoles. Only reason I got Fallout 4 on my PS4 is because I'd need to build a while new PC to play it. I'm running on mid-tier hardware from 2012, my GPU and CPU aren't even supported anymore.

Couple of years from now, when Fallout 4 Ultimate Edition is on sale in Steam for ~$10 I'll buy it and hopefully I'll have built a new PC by then.

I love the setting of Nuka World, but I hate the Raider shit. I'm going to exterminate them once I get the unending gating laser (gives it unlimited ammo, doesn't drain fusion cores) from The Rogue Knight in the Amoral Combat quest that starts once you finish The Grand Tour.

Fury451

Banned
I never expected them to come through once they announced they would be launching later than Xbox. Bethesda has never given a shit about Sony consoles. Only reason I got Fallout 4 on my PS4 is because I'd need to build a while new PC to play it. I'm running on mid-tier hardware from 2012, my GPU and CPU aren't even supported anymore.

Couple of years from now, when Fallout 4 Ultimate Edition is on sale in Steam for ~$10 I'll buy it and hopefully I'll have built a new PC by then.

I love the setting of Nuka World, but I hate the Raider shit. I'm going to exterminate them once I get the unending gating laser (gives it unlimited ammo, doesn't drain fusion cores) from The Rogue Knight in the Amoral Combat quest that starts once you finish The Grand Tour.

This is why I find it funny that people are blaming Sony for this stuff. Fallout(s) and Skyrim both ran like garbage on the PS3 because Beth didn't optimize it properly (though yes I understand the PS3 architecture was fussy). They never really fixed it much either, though they stopped some of the bigger game-destroying issues I guess. Bethesda has a history with this.

Oh well, PC it is someday. I still enjoy it on PS4 anyways.

Tigress

So has anyone gotten a bug where their crops won't produce goods (and yes they all are assigned) and you can't scrap them but if you store them and try to go to the resources in settlement build mode it crashes the game? On top of that if you build new crops they immediately have no crops on them (you'll see them sag once you plant the,). You can't repair them either. And it is a repeatable crash (gaurentee if I store a crop it will crash if I go into the resources build mode).

This is why I find it funny that people are blaming Sony for this stuff. .

Well, because everything is pointing to it being Sony's fault. We have Bethesda saying it is so. I've seen at least one modder who has said the same thing. When Bethesda announced mods they said they couldn't gaurentee it at first cause it was up to Sony and then later said that they were going to do it as if Sony gave the go ahead. It makes no sense if they were going to go ahead and promise it without sony saying it was ok that they would have even bothered to make sure to let people know hey weren't sure until Sony said yes.

And Sony is staying quiet on this. Either they don't mind taking the blame for it even when it's not their fault (and what benefit would they have in stay silent when they have another company spreading lies to make them look bad) or what Bethesda says is true and Sony for whatever reason sees no point in either clarifying to make themselves look sympathetic. Of course that tends to make me believe it's cause Sony doesn't think this will hurt them ( or that the loss of fans from that game is a on acceptable loss). Or to be more generous they decided it will blow over quicker if they just say nothing (I wish that would bite them in the butt like it had NMS but it seems they are right). But it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and it may very well lose them my business next console gen (and I tend to early adapt and they need those early adapters to get the ball rolling. Without us ps4 would not be the dominant console now).

Shit, I turned that quest down. : /

Venture

Well I took out the raiders at Nuka World and went back to the Commonwealth for a few days. I figured the Traders might've managed to get their bomb collars off while I was gone and sure enough they did.

And also their clothes! They're all running around in their underwear now. I think they're taking this freedom thing a little too far.

Just finished Nuka World. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sure, it's not as big as Far Harbor and the main quest choices are lacking, but the park itself is awesome. I enjoyed the locale and exploration more than I did in Far Harbor which, after a while of walking in mist, was boring. Also, ride-able roller coasters.

However, I agree that the choice you have to make in the middle of the raiders quest between them or the settlements (and Preston), is kinda silly.

That's why I modded my game to allow to skip that part of the main quest and continue without attacking the settlements (basically, it auto-finishes Home Sweet Home, it's up on the nexus). I continued with the rest of their questline and then started Open Season to clear the park.

Park is beautiful when you restore the power. Shame that you can't use it as a settlement.

79FA0C93121B281CDE624554A4061963783FD129

Also love the dialog here, when asked why did I cross them in the end.

586EEBA70EA139B31BA6247443DA094AE3526B3D

So I'm doing the Railroad "quests" for the first time.

Go there, put down MILA.
Go there, pick up the dead drop.
Go there, kill everything.
Over and over again.

Bethesda pls.

So I'm doing the Railroad "quests" for the first time.

Go there, put down MILA.
Go there, pick up the dead drop.
Go there, kill everything.
Over and over again.

Bethesda pls.

Those are radiant quests, you can repeat them forever.

As a rule of thumb, every quest that appears in the quest log under Miscellaneous or that the Vault Boy animation for them is generic (vault boy giving the usual thumbs up), you can safely skip as they are not important.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
has anybody found a way to farm Nuka-Cade Tickets fast? Currently, I am doing the shooting range with the explosive double barreled shotgun, nets around 650 to 1000 tickets per round.

Ryzaki009

Trying to start nuka world but my old save had so many mods that I'm not using anymore lol.

What's the earliest you can start nuka world on a new game?

N° 2048

Trying to start nuka world but my old save had so many mods that I'm not using anymore lol.

What's the earliest you can start nuka world on a new game?

From the start. It won't be on your map but you can literally run to the Nuka World station and start it.

Ryzaki009

It is but I've read you can just run there before the radio signal hits around LVL30 and you can start it.

It won't be easy though :p

Really? Huh my character is lvl 60 atm and I did see a new radio signal but listening to it didn't give me a quest.

I probably ran into a bug. Lovely.

N° 2048

Really? Huh my character is lvl 60 atm and I did see a new radio signal but listening to it didn't give me a quest.

I probably ran into a bug. Lovely.

The radio signal must be listened to to progress with the Nuka-World quest All Aboard. Upon listening to the radio, players are guided towards the Nuka-World Transit Center.

Crap...you might have. Try going to the actual Nuka World Transit Center.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I'm way behind in DLCs. I got through the first part of Nuka-World, but haven't actually started any of the real quests. I was working on my Vault 88 a bit. So far I've barely set up my atrium and a bit of the residential area. The atrium is pretty generic Vault atrium.

The waiting room to the overseer's office. Stupid security guard seems to have abandoned his post.

Overseer's office. Would it be redundant to have a security guard AND a secretary?

Overseer's quarters. I pissed off that psycho former overseer, and good riddance, so it's all mine. And Piper/Cait/Curie/whoever I feel like at the moment.

So I've finished the "Home sweet home" quest from the Nuka world DLC and a raider faction (Disciple) suddenly turn hostile when I get back to nuka town...
Is there a way to avoid that ?

Ryzaki009

So I've finished the "Home sweet home" quest from the Nuka world DLC and a raider faction (Disciple) suddenly turn hostile when I get back to nuka town...
Is there a way to avoid that ?

I don't think so no

One of the gangs always turns on you after a time. It was the disciples for me too but that's because I gave them the least amount of territory in Nuka world (None because they ruined my theme). Someone always betrays you at that point since they're mad they didn't get as much territory as the others. And since there's no way to give a perfectly balanced slice there you go.

I wish you could do Nuka World easily at lvl 1. I want to start as a raider with Cage. Probably gonna have to wait for the alternate start mod to include it.

I don't think so no

One of the gangs always turns on you after a time. It was the disciples for me too but that's because I gave them the least amount of territory in Nuka world (None because they ruined my theme). Someone always betrays you at that point since they're mad they didn't get as much territory as the others. And since there's no way to give a perfectly balanced slice there you go.

I wish you could do Nuka World easily at lvl 1. I want to start as a raider with Cage. Probably gonna have to wait for the alternate start mod to include it.

Shame :/ I don't like being hostile to factions, I feel like I could easily miss some stuff.

Oh well, time to play on Survival mode now. I'm looking forward to the moment I'll regret that decision (especially when it comes to fast travels...)

Laekon

Finally finished this main story line and went with the Railroad story line. Was pretty disappointed even though I know the main story isn't really the point of the game.

Severance

The new Win 10 update definitely broke New Vegas. It crashes whenever you try to load into the game world (New game or continuing a save). Time to roll back.

So let's see... in the past 24 hours I rage quit Nuka World because the quest "A Magical Kingdom" broke so I can't complete it.
I searched the Tunnels, Fun House and Theatre. Now Oswald is nowhere to be found, and the elevator isn't working.
Then I bought New Vegas for my first playthrough. I played a few hours last night and woke up to it broken this morning. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something.

rbanke

I finally came back to FO4 since the last DLC was released (I wanted to just play it all at once). I played Nuka World first which I ended up thinking was pretty good despite being annoyed with the choices involved.

I next moved on to the Vault-Tec Workshop and man this has stopped me dead in my tracks. I've done the first few bits and I keep getting excited to build areas of my vault but it gets so frustrating that several times now I've just exited the game because it is so tedious to build anything. Nothing else in this game has left me so turned off. It really sucks because after a bit of time away I think 'maybe I should work on my vault a bit' and sure enough 30 or 40 minutes later I find myself quitting again.

I think I should just skip that whole DLC pack because I can't even play with it a little bit without being super irritated that I can't do what I'd like.

Ryzaki009

Yeah I liked the vault but I have settlement building mods out the rear to make it significantly less frustrating.
Of course my mods have also bugged Gage to high heaven and I can't use the talk command on him so you win some you lose some?

rbanke

Yeah I liked the vault but I have settlement building mods out the rear to make it significantly less frustrating.
Of course my mods have also bugged Gage to high heaven and I can't use the talk command on him so you win some you lose some?

I'm not typically into mods but I may use some if it can make building a vault fun. It's an idea I'm really interested in but the game is holding me back. Mind suggesting some good mods for vault building?

Ryzaki009

I'm not typically into mods but I may use some if it can make building a vault fun. It's an idea I'm really interested in but the game is holding me back. Mind suggesting some good mods for vault building?

I use Homemaker (clean furniture is goat), Alternate Settlements, Just Rugs, Do it Yourshelf, (get the clean version for vaults) Compact Crafting (for when you need a little workshop in a corner), No More Random Turret MKs, Increased Build Limit 4k, Close that Door (so I don't end up screaming at my settlers for leaving bedroom doors open), OCDecorator (in case you want to place static items (that you can also pick up for that ~immersive~ feel) Settlement Keywords Independent (So Homemaker and OCDecorator and Alternate Settlements don't completely nuke my crafting menu) Settlement Objects Expansion Pack (another excellent mods for institute clean stuff), Craftable Vault Elevators for DLC (same author.), CWSS Redux (working showers and sinks)

Nyx

Bought this on sale 2 days ago on PS4, really great a few hours in.
The combat is hard though, is it normal to have so much trouble clearing out a raider hideout for a settlement? Even the first ''clear raiders'' mission was superhard and I needed to use almost all my food and stimpaks to make it out alive.

Not a fan of the new VATS either, but maybe I need to get used to it still.

edit: finding the
Righteous Authority
weapon definitely made a big difference!

Top Bottom