• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Even when we have all forgotten about F4, BETHESDA still be like to Sony:
r0bhuw1.jpg

I guess I can live with that.

Filben

The combat is hard though, is it normal to have so much trouble clearing out a raider hideout for a settlement? Even the first ''clear raiders'' mission was superhard and I needed to use almost all my food and stimpaks to make it out alive.
I find the difficulty pretty steep in comparison the predecessors. Not bad, though. Traps could finally kill you instantly. In Fallout 3 or New Vegas I couldn't care less for mines. Combat is more deadly, now.

So I've decided to start making a vault in vault 88. After being very very frustrated with the vault buildings I decided to make an indoor settlement with modded building's.

Its taking a while but I was looking online and can't find anything but what did you do with the
other hidden entrances in the book store and the sewer

Need inspiration.

Nyx

I find the difficulty pretty steep in comparison the predecessors. Not bad, though. Traps could finally kill you instantly. In Fallout 3 or New Vegas I couldn't care less for mines. Combat is more deadly, now.

Yeah it definitely is harder than 3 but now that I have some better armor and weapons it's better.

Still can die quickly but that does make it a more 'exciting' game!

I just started Nuka World, and I'm really not feeling it. Noticed there was a quest that allows me to just kill everyone, so that's what I'm going for. To hell with achievements.

Aurongel

Back the fuck up...

I just found out that not only did Nuka World already get released but it got released a month ago. I can't believe that came in under my radar, I don't even think we had an OT for it. None of my favorite podcasts or Youtube channels even referenced it, how odd.

So how do people like it compared to the F3 DLC and Far Harbor? Hearing mixed things so far.

Back the fuck up...

I just found out that not only did Nuka World already get released but it got released a month ago. I can't believe that came in under my radar, I don't even think we had an OT for it. None of my favorite podcasts or Youtube channels even referenced it, how odd.

So how do people like it compared to the F3 DLC and Far Harbor? Hearing mixed things so far.

I think it was great. Far more than I actually expected. It's not a huge DLC but what it does made lots of fun. It's worth it alone for the new Rifle. Finally a AK47 type weapon. This was missing in the game. The rifle is soooo good.
Don't expect much from the Main Quest, it's pretty shitty again.
But the individual parks are very good and interesting with each having an amazing background story.
And don't forget to collect the "code" (you'll know what I mean). Amazing.

Ryzaki009

Back the fuck up...

It's okay. I mostly took it because lol raider route. I swear though taking care of the raiders is actually *more* annoying than taking care of the settlers. They at least were willing to farm without happiness plummeting. Robots remain best settlers.

Severance

Nuka World on its own is quite fun. The lore of park is fantastic. I'm afraid it's better than present day story with the raider factions. As a matter of fact, there's very little story development for the raiders. Taking over the park, delving into it's history and having some fun is where Nuka World shines. The ending and post-game leaves a lot to be desired. Nuka World's place in the commonwealth as a whole is incredibly half-baked. It's too bad, I was hyped playing through Nuka World and the ending fizzled out. I wish they took more time with it.

Ending spoilers
Power Play was rather anti-climactic. It was like an on-rails shooter with the other factions leading the way. A very boring final battle on the roof. Now, the park receiving power was great. I was also excited to lead the raiders into the commonwealth. Then I find out you can't go to war with the Minutemen. Preston Garvey confronts you and you have all these dialog options.. For what? He still calls you General. The game as a whole has an over reliance on Preston because another settlement needs your help. I can destroy every faction except the Minutemen. Then you have this great raider based DLC.. For nothing.

Ryzaki009

Nuka World on its own is quite fun. The lore of park is fantastic. I'm afraid it's better than present day story with the raider factions. As a matter of fact, there's very little story development for the raiders. Taking over the park, delving into it's history and having some fun is where Nuka World shines. The ending and post-game leaves a lot to be desired. Nuka World's place in the commonwealth as a whole is incredibly half-baked. It's too bad, I was hyped playing through Nuka World and the ending fizzled out. I wish they took more time with it.

Ending spoilers
Power Play was rather anti-climactic. It was like an on-rails shooter with the other factions leading the way. A very boring final battle on the roof. Now, the park receiving power was great. I was also excited to lead the raiders into the commonwealth. Then I find out you can't go to war with the Minutemen. Preston Garvey confronts you and you have all these dialog options.. For what? He still calls you General. The game as a whole has an over reliance on Preston because another settlement needs your help. I can destroy every faction except the Minutemen. Then you have this great raider based DLC.. For nothing.

At least you didn't do what I did. I
didn't finish Sanctuary so when I came back he pretty much yelled at me and now I can't even take Sanctuary over because the quest will remain there incomplete forever. You'd think it'd at least auto finish after I say I'm not betraying the raiders but nope. *sigh*

IceIpor

Hmm.. I have a problem I can't solve.

I was trying to play Fallout 4 today, and it worked perfectly in the morning hours, but all of a sudden I can't get it to go into Fullscreen borderless without everything being stretched/zoomed in incorrectly.

Here's an example pic of what happens:
590254E3E49D92EA38C9B2298C43B885E9FF678E

Has anyone else run into this or been able to solve it?

Severance

At least you didn't do what I did. I
didn't finish Sanctuary so when I came back he pretty much yelled at me and now I can't even take Sanctuary over because the quest will remain there incomplete forever. You'd think it'd at least auto finish after I say I'm not betraying the raiders but nope. *sigh*

Wow that's awful. They clearly didn't take enough time attempting to implement Nuka World's effect on the commonwealth. Too many instances of Bethesda trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. It really shows all around. Preston has been bugged on my main survival save since I completed the original story and not one of the DLCs have ever resolved it. He has been eternally stuck in "Holy shit.. you blew up the Institute!" dialog from the roof of CIT. I keep him locked up in my Zimonja Outpost prison camp with 20 other settlers, no food and no water. Worst Fallout character of all time.

Ryzaki009

Wow that's awful. They clearly didn't take enough time attempting to implement Nuka World's effect on the commonwealth. Too many instances of Bethesda trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. It really shows all around. Preston has been bugged on my main survival save since I completed the original story and not one of the DLCs have ever resolved it. He has been eternally stuck in "Holy shit.. you blew up the Institute!" dialog from the roof of CIT. I keep him locked up in my Zimonja Outpost prison camp with 20 other settlers, no food and no water. Worst Fallout character of all time.

It is I just built a house there and run past him while he's grumbling about me being a horrible person XD

Hahaha

Poor Preston. But man at least they fixed the quest spamming. That was the only truly intolerable thing for me.

Ricker

LMAO at that end part of Far Harbor,jesus christ,cant do this shit right now...on to Nuka World.

I hope there is none of this building shit in Nuka World...this Far Harbor retrieve memory shit is just awful,what what they thinking...

Them not letting me go proper Mr. House with the Raiders and Nuka World really got me.
Even the kill em all options is really weak.

Just a very weak DLC pretty much.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I know it probably doesn't make sense, but I started a new playthrough on my Xbox version. Without the old duplication glitch, I guess I can't max all my SPECIAL stats right out of Sanctuary Hills now, but it seems to be making it a bit more challenging. Aiming is certainly more janky with a controller versus a mouse, but there's a strangely satisfying feeling that comes with pulling a trigger button rather than clicking a mouse button.

I guess I'm still going to cheat a little, as I'm using the as-yet unpatched material duplication glitch because I don't want to have to keep visiting shops for materials.

Staf

Finished Far harbor a couple of days ago. It's much better than the main campaign. They really nailed the atmosphere on the island, dialogue system still sucks though. Started playing Nuka World and i'm having zero fun. Haven't gotten very far into it but i have zero interest playing through this storyline since i have no interest in being a raider.

Bought a cool new weapon called 'Splattercannon' in the market however. I'm taking it back to finish of any potential side quests in Far harbor instead.

Staf

Well, i guess i'm done with the main story for Nuka world? Not sure. I've only played for like 2 hours but it seems i'm done? I made it through the gauntlet, talked to Gage who told me to talk to the three raider factions. Before going to the first gang i talked to a slave who gave me a quest to kill all the leaders.

Figured i would first talk with them to see if there's any hope in making them a force for good, since my character have basically been a good gal since leaving the vault. The first one i visited, think they are called disciples or something, have their place basically smeared in blood and got a bunch of slaves tied up. After talking to their leader and some gal named Dixie or something i come to the conclusion that these are people are straight up evil.

So i say, fuck this and start killing the psychopaths and i end up turning the whole nuka world against me. After an intense firefight against the other gangs i return and free the slaves, or at least i think i did? Did i just finish the main quest? Because the whole place is now dead and there's nothing to do as far as i can see. Because if that's the case, fuck off $20...

Well, i guess i'm done with the main story for Nuka world? Not sure. I've only played for like 2 hours but it seems i'm done? I made it through the gauntlet, talked to Gage who told me to talk to the three raider factions. Before going to the first gang i talked to a slave who gave me a quest to kill all the leaders.

Figured i would first talk with them to see if there's any hope in making them a force for good, since my character have basically been a good gal since leaving the vault. The first one i visited, think they are called disciples or something, have their place basically smeared in blood and got a bunch of slaves tied up. After talking to their leader and some gal named Dixie or something i come to the conclusion that these are people are straight up evil.

So i say, fuck this and start killing the psychopaths and i end up turning the whole nuka world against me. After an intense firefight against the other gangs i return and free the slaves, or at least i think i did? Did i just finish the main quest? Because the whole place is now dead and there's nothing to do as far as i can see. Because if that's the case, fuck off $20...

Dude check out all the theme parks.
Also do the quest with the cappy code, I hardly recommend that.

Staf

Yep (She's also a well known character from Fallout 3)
I also recommend finding the Hubologists (or however they're called) if you haven't yet.

Done the magician one in the castle. First thing i really enjoyed in this DLC. They really got creative with designing that place. Now in a zoo area helping Tarzan. Not as much fun. I remember the Hubologist from F2. Got a map marker for them, will go there after the zoo o think.

Nere

I already have Fallout 4 on Ps4 but now that I built a new pc want to buy it there but thinking it is better to wait for a game of the year or ultimate edition at this point from Bethesda. Got any clues when and if that may happen or should I just buy it now?

I already have Fallout 4 on Ps4 but now that I built a new pc want to buy it there but thinking it is better to wait for a game of the year or ultimate edition at this point from Bethesda. Got any clues when and if that may happen or should I just buy it now?
Wait for a sale. Heck, the Halloween sale is right around the corner, maybe it'll be discounted.

It is already on sale I was just wondering if there will be some kind of game of the year edition soon so I should wait.

Nothing announced yet but I guess it won't be too far. I think they'll announce it short before it's out. Right now they'll focus on Skyrim Remaster

daedalius

So this block puzzle in far harbor...

Last one kinda made me wanna just shut my xbox off a few times.

Hope the loot and story are worth it for that!

So this block puzzle in far harbor...

Last one kinda made me wanna just shut my xbox off a few times.

Hope the loot and story are worth it for that!

That puzzle was such bullshit. It's not even that it was difficult, just super time consuming because you had to move all the blocks around.

Dalibor68

Banned
Are there any worthwhile quests in Nuka World? I really liked Far Harbor(some, non-violent or at least almost non-violent quests, a few branching paths and different outcomes; felt like the old Fallout again) but in Nuka World basically everything I've seen so far is "Go to X and kill 100 Z" or "Go here and find 20 coins" etc.

Started playing this game again this weekend for the first time since January. Decided to branch out my melee-oriented character to plasma weapons.

I was deciding between Gunslinger (for a plasma handgun) or Rifleman (for a plasma rifle) and ultimately chose Gunslinger because I found out about the Lorenzo's Artifact gamma gun and decided I wanted to use that, too. Now I have that and a handgun-type plasma shotgun both benefiting from Gunslinger.

I'm planning to get Rifleman eventually anyway. Is there any advantage to a "rifle" plasma shotgun over a "handgun" plasma shotgun?

If I also get a plasma flamer, will it benefit from Rifleman only and not Gunslinger? I've read that the flamer mod makes plasma guns benefit from Rifleman for some reason.

EDIT: Just looked at the stats. Gunslinger DOES boost plasma flamer damage if you have a grip (handgun) attachment instead of a stock (rifle) attachment.

So, which would be better for the plasma shotgun and flamer, Gunslinger or Rifleman?

Yopis

Started this first run on survival mode. Loved that in New Vegas. This is even better. Annoying sometimes but really fun.

If I use Gunslinger with a shotgun, will each individual projectile have a chance to disarm opponents/cripple a limb, or is it one chance for the whole cluster?

Staf

Man, can't believe what a horrible DLC Nuka world is. It's basically $20 for less than 2 hours worth of content unless you play evil, which didn't fit how i've played my character since level 1. Can't believe they went from making Far harbor, which was fucking excellent, to this...

Stoffinator

Is there any word on when the new patch comes out? And if it will have the PS4 Pro support on it? Would love for it to have HDR lighting, but I don't see their engine doing that on consoles.

Top Bottom