• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fast food value meal wars going full blast as Wendy's/BK/McD/DQ/Checkers offer deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I guess it technically started last Fall with Wendy's 4 for 4:

NfphsqZ.jpg

Wendy's latest value play is the new 4 for $4 Meal, which features a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, four chicken nuggets, small fries, and a small drink for $4.

But now we have pretty much everyone trying to jump in on this.

Burger King has their 5 for $4 promotion:

RUExnNS.jpg

This combo features a bacon cheeseburger, four chicken nuggets, small fries, small drink and a chocolate chip cookie for $4.

McDonald's McPick 2 for $2 will start in Feb:

BiRgJLP.jpg

Customers can mix and match the McDouble, McChicken, Small Fry and Mozzarella Sticks under the 2 for $2 promotion.

Pizza Hut's $5 value menu:

x47TVEk.jpg

you need to buy two or more items to get them for $5 each.

The items on the new $5 menu include:

- A medium one-topping pizza
- 8 boneless wings (available flavors include Buffalo [Mild, Medium, or Burnin' Hot], Honey BBQ, Garlic Parmesan, Sweet Chili, Spicy BBQ, Honey Sriracha, or Naked i.e. unsauced)
- The Ultimate Hershey's Chocolate Chip Cookie
- The Hershey's Triple Chocolate Brownie
- Tuscani Pasta (a choice of either Creamy Chicken Alfredo or Meaty Marinara)
- A double order of breadsticks
- A double order of flavor sticks (available flavors include Hut Favorite, Toasted Cheddar, Fiery Red Pepper, Toasted Parmesan, Toasted Asiago, or Honey Sriracha)
- Four 20-oz Pepsi beverages

Dairy Queen is jumping in with their KC BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger $5 Buck Lunch:

qwxHpqn.jpg

This combo features the original DQ cheeseburger, topped with sweet and smoky Kansas City style BBQ sauce, American cheese, hickory smoked bacon, pickles and onion, and is served with fries, a drink and a signature sundae.

And now even Checkers/Rally's is offering a $2 Meal Deal of their own:

fo90FhA.jpg

This $2 combo features your choice of the Checker/Rallyburger with cheese, the Spicy Chicken Sandwich, Crispy Fish Sandwich, Bacon Cheddar Crisp, or Chili Dog and a small Famous Seasoned Fries. Only valid at participating locations. Prices may vary.

Even Carl's Jr/Hardee's has something going, and they don't traditionally do these sorts of deals often.

SUE8zOn.jpg

Even Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s are in, despite those chains’ traditional hostility to discounting. But their Sausage & Egg Biscuit is being offered at a “2 for $3.50” price.

Volimar

I have a huge weakness for sausage egg and cheese biscuits. Too bad there's no Hardees/Carl Jr. in my area.

BAW

Banned
Wow amazing deals. Too bad nothing like that exists over here. These are seriously making me consider moving from Europe to US.

TraBuch

Banned
I feel like Hardee's has always done things like that, at least my local one. I'm always seeing "Two ____ for $3" signs out. Not to mention the $5 Big Bag thing.

moggio

Banned
Wow amazing deals. Too bad nothing like that exists over here. These are seriously making me consider moving from Europe to US.

You want to move to the US so you can get fat on cheap, low quality food?

Such a pity for all the animals that will live miserable lives and be killed to produce this shit.

rezuth

Its fine. That heartattack you'll have later won't cost you as much, evens out in the end.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
A welcome return to sanity. Fast food prices have been creeping up and overstepping their bounds something awful in the last decade. You can have a proper bar food entree at most sit-down places for a negligible amount more than the going rate of a lot of fast food combos now. Absolutely absurd considering the vast gulf of difference in the quality and portions of what's on the plate between the two.

Arby's is doing 2 for 5 roast beef and cheddar here too. The big ones.
It doesn't seem like that long ago that their recurring special for these was 4 for $5. 5 for $5 for the non-cheese.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I really noticed this starting with Wendys. Simply an amazing deal. As someone who eats fast food at least 3 times a week (usually more) its an amazing time.

But what is the endgame to all this? How low can the margins go?

McDonald's is stupid - those things all used to be a dollar normally. McDouble being $1.89 around here is a fucking travesty, especially since I still remember the days of $1 double cheeseburger.

And I don't get why anyone would want to waste valuable stomach space/calories on a soda with these, but whatevs

Grover

Banned
one of the best value deals ive ever experienced from fast food are those new crunchwraps from Taco Bell, they're tasty and quite substantial for just a dollar

id easily rather just get 5 of those for 5$ instead of buying a taco meal or w/e it is

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
McDonald's is stupid - those things all used to be a dollar normally. McDouble being $1.89 around here is a fucking travesty, especially since I still remember the days of $1 double cheeseburger.

And I don't get why anyone would want to waste valuable stomach space/calories on a soda with these, but whatevs

If I'm going back home I don't get any drink. In that case these value combos aren't great. But if you're at lunch during school or work, you could just get a diet coke or the lemonade they usually offer.

This is what the prices should be. I've bitched before on here that taking my two kids to McDonalds, and ordering off the "value" menu, was costing me over $16. That's absurd given that food.

Warxard

Banned
If I'm going back home I don't get any drink. In that case these value combos aren't great. But if you're at lunch during school or work, you could just get a diet coke or the lemonade they usually offer.

Isn't the 'Soft Drink any size $1' a nationwide deal?

A large soda, plus two mc doubles seems like a solid deal for $3

It's almost like food prices increase over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom