• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut to launch new $5 Value Menu for a limited time

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The last time I had a regular free medium pizza hut, it was complete shit and flavorless. I don't understand. I actually would have preferred eating a well made hot n ready from Little Caesers...

It was that bad

We usually go with Round Table or Mountain Mike's here if we decide to order from a chain pizza, but if we just want something cheap and fast we usually go Little Caesar's as well. Especially for something like a kid's party.

Always surprised at the Pizza Hut hate on here. It isn't great, but I would absolutely put it a clear cut above the Dominoes/Little Caesars/Cici's/frozen pizza shit tier.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
x47TVEk.jpg

My arteries clogged just looking at that pic.

rtcn63

My local Pizza Hut and Domino's aren't terrible, the former tends to be sweeter, the latter saltier and a bit on the well done side. But I don't ever buy that shit full price so.

Still, $10 minimum. Other than the medium pizza, everything else just looks overpriced.

inm8num2

Dunno if you're in Michigan right now, but I'd take Hungry Howie's over Pizza Hut anyday.

Oh absolutely agreed - Howie's is the best, but I could go nuts for all-you-can-eat no matter how shitty it is. IIRC the Pizza Hut buffet was just something like $5, but that was years ago.

Always surprised at the Pizza Hut hate on here. It isn't great, but I would absolutely put it a clear cut above the Dominoes/Little Caesars/Cici's/frozen pizza shit tier.

Nah. I'd honestly rather have a Digornio or Freschetta frozen pizza than Pizza Hut any day of the week. I've worked at a Pizza Hut and they have by far the worst dough in the industry.

Phu

Banned
If you're in the Detroit area might as well go all out and get Buddy's instead

Cheap and quick = Little Caesars
Pretty good = Jet's
Freakin' Amazing = Buddy's

Depending on my mood/situation, these are where I get pizza from most of the time.

Pizza Hut used to be Jet's-tier but that was a long time ago.

Nikodemos

Our pizza huts look like deserted 80's family restaurants, dark with only the corner with the counter lit up, manned by 3-4 people making and selling pizzas.

Or they look like doctor's waiting rooms with adverts for chicken wings on the walls.

I think if we had a Pizza Bistro that would mean they were trying to feed us something other than common disregard in a box.

I haven't seen a sit-down Pizza Hut since I left the midwest 12 years ago. It's weird to think that they're still around.
The local branch of Pizza Hut split into two separate companies about 5 years ago, IIRC. One owns and operates the restaurants, the other manages delivery shops and the scooter fleet. From what I understand there are some differences between them, ex. available offers and even pizza ingredients. Also, PH bistros only have posters with products or offers outside the main area. The interiors have a somewhat blandly inoffensive neo-dineresque aesthetic.

rambis

Banned
I was ready to roll my eyes but a whole pepperoni and 8 chicken nuggets is not bad compared to what they usually charge.

Yes. I miss them. It's the only thing my stomach could tolerate from Pizza Hut lol.

The P'zone is just a medium pizza folded over itself with the sauce on the side. Anyone who says the P'zone is great and everything else from there sucks should just ask for a medium pizza with the sauce on the side.

Wait, Pizza Hut over there doesn't normally have $5 pizzas? I suddenly feel spoiled! In NZ we have Pizza Hut and Dominos as the main chains and they both compete to be super cheap (but still fairly decent quality). Sometimes they even have $4 pizzas, and that's NZD, and everything's usually more expensive here too even after conversion...

Same thing in Australia. Pizza is weirdly cheap compared to most fast food.

Nosgotham

I think they'll quickly learn that delivering a ton of $10 orders is bad for business. It'll drag down the average order price. And paying drivers to be constantly on the road delivery low-price orders is a bad way to make money.

its obviously not sustainable as a long term business model, hence the limited time. The purpose of sale like this is customer retention and brand awareness to get new customers. It worked on me with their 20 dollar pizza box deal. Hadnt eaten pizza hut in years and I saw a great sale. now I will try their wings and if I like em a lot I will continue to do business with them.

That's the purpose of these sales

ncslamm

I've grown to despise Pizza Hut. I don't know what it is but their pizza tastes like nothing to me now. Hell I'd rather have a Brick Oven Freschetta or Brick Oven Red Baron frozen pizza over them. I think their problem is trying to complicate things too much. Some of the best pizza I've ever had was simple and didn't offer much in choices.

Out of the 3 major chain pizza restaurants I'd rank them:

Papa Johns > Dominos > Pizza Hut

Just had Pizza Hut for dinner tonight, two medium any topping pizzas for 6.99 each. I must have missed the 5 dollar menu will check it out next time though.

Faenix1

Wait, Pizza Hut over there doesn't normally have $5 pizzas? I suddenly feel spoiled! In NZ we have Pizza Hut and Dominos as the main chains and they both compete to be super cheap (but still fairly decent quality). Sometimes they even have $4 pizzas, and that's NZD, and everything's usually more expensive here too even after conversion...

In Canada we have $10 "Pizza of the day" pizzas. Bad part? 5/7 of the days are crap.

I haven't seen a sit-down Pizza Hut since I left the midwest 12 years ago. It's weird to think that they're still around.

They just built a new sports-bar/Pizza Hut hybrid thing here in downtown Minneapolis. It's... weird.

As for the deal, that's really not too shabby at all, even if you have to buy two things.

Bacon

I'm not above cheap pizza, but man, Pizza Hut is pretty bad. Would take that $10 and put it to something better tasting

The last time I had a regular free medium pizza hut, it was complete shit and flavorless. I don't understand. I actually would have preferred eating a well made hot n ready from Little Caesers...

It was that bad
Hey if you go to Little Ceasers and ask them to make your pizza fresh and not from that pre-made oven they're pretty good.

Just wanted to bitch here just because lol. I remember seeing this topic on gaf and was hungry tonight. Wings and pizza or pasta sounded good for 10 bucks, but all of the 4 Pizza Huts remotely close by to me don't honor this deal!!!!! In los Angeles btw.

They're apparently all chain stores and don't have to follow corporate but I had no idea that this is the way Pizza Hut operates. What makes this so different than subway which is also a chain yet all of them follow the same promotions as far as I can tell? Anyway I'll take this as a sign to eat healthier tonight. Or i could suck it up and pay the extra 3 dollars to get what I was going to order anyway lol. No, I'll eat healthy. It's a sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom