• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut to launch new $5 Value Menu for a limited time

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Pizza Hut trying to take on Little Caeser's price point now I guess.

http://www.brandeating.com/2016/01/pizza-hut-unveils-new-5-dollar-value-menu.html

Calling it the "$5 Flavor Menu," Pizza Hut adds a new value menu with a $5 price point that includes 8 current menu options.

Similar to McDonald's new McPick 2 value menu, you need to buy two or more items to get them for $5 each.

The items on the new $5 menu include:

- A medium one-topping pizza
- 8 boneless wings (available flavors include Buffalo [Mild, Medium, or Burnin' Hot], Honey BBQ, Garlic Parmesan, Sweet Chili, Spicy BBQ, Honey Sriracha, or Naked i.e. unsauced)
- The Ultimate Hershey's Chocolate Chip Cookie
- The Hershey's Triple Chocolate Brownie
- Tuscani Pasta (a choice of either Creamy Chicken Alfredo or Meaty Marinara)
- A double order of breadsticks
- A double order of flavor sticks (available flavors include Hut Favorite, Toasted Cheddar, Fiery Red Pepper, Toasted Parmesan, Toasted Asiago, or Honey Sriracha)
- Four 20-oz Pepsi beverages

The $5 Flavor Menu is available for a limited time only but the pizza chain has not set a timeframe on just how long it'll be available.

x47TVEk.jpg

GavinGT

Banned
I think they'll quickly learn that delivering a ton of $10 orders is bad for business. It'll drag down the average order price. And paying drivers to be constantly on the road delivery low-price orders is a bad way to make money.

reKon

Banned
The last time I had a regular free medium pizza hut, it was complete shit and flavorless. I don't understand. I actually would have preferred eating a well made hot n ready from Little Caesers...

It was that bad

Coolluck

Pizza Hut used to be good. Got the 5 dollar deal on New Year's and it was decent but nowhere near the glory days.

Velcro Fly

The McStruggle menu is not bad. $2 is like nothing these days

I guess 2 for $10 is also not bad if you are hankering for some bottom tier fast food pizza

Joyful

The last time I had a regular free medium pizza hut, it was complete shit and flavorless. I don't understand. I actually would have preferred eating a well made hot n ready from Little Caesers...

It was that bad

pizza hut is pretty bottom of the barrel yea

And to think just last night I was feeling like ordering pizza... Will definitely grab me some pizza this week / whenever this is avaliable

One of those threads where posters say popular food place is bad and horrible. it ain't that bad.

Like the bread sticks. Also like dominoes cheese bread.

And deals still don't stack so this is completely worthless.

It's been like a year and a half but I still absolutely hate the current version of their site. It's worse in nearly every way compared to the previous design.

Good stuff.

Sometimes the flavor add on is a little inconsistent here when I get it. Like only a sprinkle of salted crust or the breadsticks had so much red pepper coated on them it looked dyed red.

I actually like Pizza Hut now ever since they updated their ingredients. I find it better than LC and Domino's.
Those 8pc boneless chicken wings will go perfect with my Rudy's BBQ sauce I have here.

Matticers

I feel like half of those things were already at $5. Like the dessert stuff and breadsticks. But the medium pizza and wings are a pretty good deal. One of each of those for $10 total is pretty awesome.

caleb1915

pizza hut is pretty bottom of the barrel yea

Kinda depends on the restaurant tho, I've had some terrible pizza delivered from pizza hut, and some great pizza in a different city going inside the restaurant.

I always preferred the smaller local pizza places since those occasions are only when going 40 or so minutes out of the town I live in to see a movie, go to an actual bar that serves more than beer or whiskey, or any sort of big vendor like Walmart, Best Buy, Costco, and there are really large shopping centres in the DFW area.

Dominos has been doing this for years except it's $6 an item. I vastly prefer Dominos to PH, so it's worth the extra dollar to me.

akira28

Last Pizza I got at Pizza Hut was laughably bad. And the wings were shit. I spent 20 bucks and oh well, but could be the last time I go to McPizza for a while.

covering your pizza in spinach and balsamic doesn't help if you don't give a damn. The meat tasted bad the bacon...how to you have bacon that doesn't taste good?

Nikodemos

Pizza Hut is much more popular than Dominos here, despite their pizza being inferior.

People like the waited restaurant experience, and they have a reasonably adequate wine selection (for a fast food joint).

If I feel the need to eat some flavorless corporate dough and pseudo-cheese, I'll just pop over to little cici's, pay $8 and get unlimited pizza, semi-pasta, brownies, cinnamon things, and soda.

akira28

Pizza Hut is much more popular than Dominos here, despite their pizza being inferior.

People like the waited restaurant experience, and they have a reasonably adequate wine selection (for a fast food joint).

Our pizza huts look like deserted 80's family restaurants, dark with only the corner with the counter lit up, manned by 3-4 people making and selling pizzas.

Or they look like doctor's waiting rooms with adverts for chicken wings on the walls.

I think if we had a Pizza Bistro that would mean they were trying to feed us something other than common disregard in a box.

GavinGT

Banned

I haven't seen a sit-down Pizza Hut since I left the midwest 12 years ago. It's weird to think that they're still around.

Lord Fagan

Aw, yeah. Just in time, too. My ongoing D&D campaign had a month long hiatus for the holidays, and I'm pretty sure we're hitting up Pizza Hut this Saturday.

So if it includes wings, and you have to order 2 items from the menu, can I get two sets of 8 wings for $10, even though it's $12.25 for 16?

213372bu

Banned
Just had this tonight and got wings, a pizza, and 4 sodas for $15 to share. Not so bad.

How is this place still in business? It's buffet pizza tier.

I thought so too. But if you get the right ingredients, bread, flavoring, non-tomato sauce etc.it can be pretty good for chain pizza.

Ham + Salami + Pepperoni + Roma Tomatos on Stuffed Crust is great.

Peagles

Wait, Pizza Hut over there doesn't normally have $5 pizzas? I suddenly feel spoiled! In NZ we have Pizza Hut and Dominos as the main chains and they both compete to be super cheap (but still fairly decent quality). Sometimes they even have $4 pizzas, and that's NZD, and everything's usually more expensive here too even after conversion...

... Motherfuckers. And right as I started eating better for new years.
But then again, my other resolution was to spend less money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom