• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

deanote666

Sorry, didn't check in yesterday.

Lots of good resources in the 1.5m + rewards but nothing unique.

I got the bad end on Kiara the first time through.

Don't want to say anything spoiler related but she has a strong connection to a male historical/fictional figure later in the story that could explain it?

New MP shop CE.

Last edited:

Pejo

Don't want to say anything spoiler related but she has a strong connection to a male historical/fictional figure later in the story that could explain it?
Well I know her history from her bond story, she was a woman that was graped by Poseidon then she asked him to turn her into a man so it wouldn't ever happen again etc. But as far as Fate goes, she was summoned in her "prime" which was in her female body, but with the memories and fighting capabilities of her male body.

Then again, all of the "unknowns" were sorted in with the males so maybe it was just to fill out the "give chocolates" side a bit more and I'm just overthinking it. The scene was lame anyways.

Managed to get NP3 Caren just before the event ended. She cracked me up, I like her kit, and she is useful in both looping and challenge quests/boss nodes. I did almost all of the valentines farming with her + double Skadi looping, it was like the old days. She was more reliable for 3 round loop farming than Spishtar, with the caveat that you have to press buttons every round opposed to Spishtar's buttons all being pressed in the first round. I doubt I'm gonna use her frequently in loop farming, but it's nice to have options.

Looks like she gets a NP upgrade in a future strengthening, which is even better.

Last edited:

deanote666

Well I know her history from her bond story, she was a woman that was graped by Poseidon then she asked him to turn her into a man so it wouldn't ever happen again etc. But as far as Fate goes, she was summoned in her "prime" which was in her female body, but with the memories and fighting capabilities of her male body.

Then again, all of the "unknowns" were sorted in with the males so maybe it was just to fill out the "give chocolates" side a bit more and I'm just overthinking it. The scene was lame anyways.

Managed to get NP3 Caren just before the event ended. She cracked me up, I like her kit, and she is useful in both looping and challenge quests/boss nodes. I did almost all of the valentines farming with her + double Skadi looping, it was like the old days. She was more reliable for 3 round loop farming than Spishtar, with the caveat that you have to press buttons every round opposed to Spishtar's buttons all being pressed in the first round. I doubt I'm gonna use her frequently in loop farming, but it's nice to have options.

Looks like she gets a NP upgrade in a future strengthening, which is even better.
I didn't know about that part of their relationship but I guess that's why she hates Poseidon in the game.

Guess Caenis is listed as "unknown" gender in the game. Weird they didn't have a give chocolate part since the "unknown" genders usually have one in both categories. Probably because she doesn't like you that much but that doesn't stop some of the others that don't like you from popping up.

Last edited:

deanote666

This plot be playing out like the exam episode of Assassination Classroom.

OAbDTkE.jpg
monster name

Last edited:

Pejo

Damn I just realized this event has a pretty cool ruler Shiro costume. I was planning on skipping it.

deanote666 deanote666 how much of a grind am I looking at for the grail and the costume?

deanote666

Costume is only 200 gold currency and can be purchased now. The gold farming quest probably unlocks tonight.

Just some cut scenes and some fixed party battles so far.

Lots of other good materials in the shop, bunch of summon tickets that will be available later in the event.

Pejo

Debating who else I want to level up to 100.

Thinking Nitocris caster at the moment.
I don't have a single 100 servant yet. The only two I've even grailed so far are Cu (lancer) and Arash to 90. I've got so many grails at this point, I'm not sure what to do with them.

Pejo

That Amakusa event was pretty good. No overly long dialogue, all of the NPC-only story fights were super easy. Story end was kinda lame, but it was enjoyable until that.

Anyways, got the costume and the important items from the shop, and I didn't even start the event until 3 days ago.

Galatea up next.

deanote666

Been using my AP leveling up my goddess so my QP dipped below a billion...

Thought I had 2000 4* embers in my gift box but realized 900 were actually 5*... Guess I could jump up to 120 now if I want...

Pejo

Man I just got fucking annihilated by this banner.

Some of the most painful spooks of my life.

Literally in order (not in a row, but the gold cards I got):
Atalante Alter -> Penth -> Stheno -> Berserkerlot -> Fran -> Liz -> Fionn

I died inside a little each time as I descended into madness.

deanote666

Man I just got fucking annihilated by this banner.

Some of the most painful spooks of my life.

Literally in order (not in a row, but the gold cards I got):
Atalante Alter -> Penth -> Stheno -> Berserkerlot -> Fran -> Liz -> Fionn

I died inside a little each time as I descended into madness.
I got 7 rare prisms in addition to that Nightingale 5*... I got an atal alter and fionn too.

Me to myself, wanting to roll for Nero Bride but remembering Morgan is coming.

giphy.webp

IWVFSZF.jpg

Do ittttttt. Dooooo iiiiitttttttt!

deanote666

For all of the procrastinators, this is a tower climb event with 6 hour servant cool downs.

Got space ishtar to level 120 so I'm crying now that I have to burn all of the embers I'm getting from the event...

Last edited:

deanote666

Made it to floor 50 of the meat tower with all of the extra missions caught up. Haven't looked at the challenge mission yet.

How's everyone else fairing?

deanote666

I definitely started the event already and am... fighting a... tower?

nervous showtime GIF
A meat tower.

There's cool downs. You can't spam it on the last day.
I actually skipped the tower for a couple days. But right now I'm at floor 81 of the Meat Tower. I'll probably clear the other 19 later.
I'm still in the 70's myself. The floor 45 extra mission (I think) was particularly nasty.

Pejo

A meat tower.

There's cool downs. You can't spam it on the last day.

I'm still in the 70's myself. The floor 45 extra mission (I think) was particularly nasty.
Is this one of those events where you can AoE NP a floor with 1-2 servants and then they go on cooldown?

deanote666

Is this one of those events where you can AoE NP a floor with 1-2 servants and then they go on cooldown?
Need 3 servants minimum per fight (I think) and most rounds are 2-3 waves.

The first 100 rounds are for the story, the second 100 rounds are for lots of resource drops. The meat tower is the 2nd 100 floors.

Even if you ration your servants, you'll still run out eventually.

I tried using an event CE on a 3* and didn't notice much additional damage so I've been kscoping the event. Using the event bond CE is a waste of a servant slot to hold it and only worsens cool downs if you use an extra servant to hold it. Can't grind bond points on specific servants anyway with the cool down so not sure what they were even thinking there.

Last edited:

Zambatoh

I cleared the last floor and the Challenge Quest. Both of them were nightmare fuel. At least Osakabe had the decency to heal you at the start of Wave 3.

Pejo

YESSSSSSSSSS

Tiamat coming to mobile! FGO arcade collab character, this is the first one anyways.

vfzf37ua82qa1.jpg

I hope it includes a character model or costume for her FA art.
GowovYR.jpg

Either way, I'm hyped as hell, that was one of my most wanted servants. Now to wait 2+ years.

Pejo

So I finally started the event last night. I dunno why I was putting this one off. For the 4+ MLB Kaleido club, this event is just pure spectacle. Just like the last one of these I did, I'm seeing a ton of NPs for the very first time from all of these niche servants I rolled for and never had a reason to use. Especially Alter Egos since there are a lot of single enemy type floors. It's a shame how bad of an option Alter Egos are a lot of the time, it's nice to let them stretch their legs a bit. I wish instead of the "Cavalry" advantage type they just had true neutral with everyone outside of moon cancers.

Odysseus' NP is pretty great, gives me old Voltron vibes. Shuten Ibuki's is really cool visually too.

Anyways, Made it to floor 30 and still am nowhere near running out of servants, so it's been pretty fun. Hoping I am able to clear the first tower before it ends.

deanote666

Oh this was too good lmao

I'm honestly debating between Enkidu or Jack

Depends on who you already have but I use Jack more than Enkidu and Jack NP5 is a beast.

My thought process:
NP4, NP5, NP3, NP4, NP3, NP3, NP1, NP3, NP3, NP3, NP6, NP7, NP2, NP5, NP1, NP3, NP3, NP4, NP7, NP5, NP5, NP8, NP3, NP5, NP2, NP6, NP1, NP8, NP3, NP9, NP2, NP3.

Debating between Cu alter and Quetz. Probably Cu alter.

Pejo

Damn I didn't even know we were getting another selector...

My choices are between NP4 Brad (she's one of my favorites and I really want to get her to NP5) and NP2 Europa.

Hmm....

deanote666

Used a leyline stone in LB5.5 section 8.

I feel dirty.

Person kept spamming def buffs, evade buffs, and full charge NP each turn so I didn't feel like starting over...

Pejo

I'm not even gonna lie to myself that I'm going to do anymore lostbelts in the timeframe that those things are usable.

Pejo

You gonna let those SQ from the limited time quests expire?
I just don't see how I'm going to have time to do all that content before the expiration. Last main story I did was beating Sin so I could access the event with the Tengu lady. I love the game, but every time I do a text heavy story I just end up falling asleep because reading makes me fall asleep. It's made playing this game a real challenge.

deanote666

I just don't see how I'm going to have time to do all that content before the expiration. Last main story I did was beating Sin so I could access the event with the Tengu lady. I love the game, but every time I do a text heavy story I just end up falling asleep because reading makes me fall asleep. It's made playing this game a real challenge.
You get the SQ for each notch of each act you do. Just do the 6-7 story cut scenes to get all of the free SQ.

Top Bottom