• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Female Gamers and Older Gamers Prefer Third-Person Perspective (generate your own gamer profile)

lachesis

Yes, old fart here.... (nearly 50). I think it's more of how fluid the frame rate is, and also the angle. I tend to do better with both 3rd person and 1st person games with wider camera angle.

I had a problem with the Resident Evil 7 - but got a bit easier later on. However, I'm looking forward to play RE8 with 3rd person view to avoid the same issue...

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Can confirm every gf I've had always wanted to play/watch only TPS games, it is strange to me, FPS are more immersive.

Shubh_C63

First Person has FOV problems. In a MP game it might be fine but while exploring caves and shit I genuinely am unable to see even easy laid out paths.
Third Person reigns supreme.

DaGwaphics

I've always preferred 3rd person just because some 1st person games give me a bit of motion sickness (never had a problem with Halo or CoD, but it's the reason why I haven't gone back to RE7 after initially starting it). The worse the FoV is in a 1p the more I dislike it.

Historically though, I think the majority of characters everyone knows from games are mostly from third-person games, so maybe it is that (Though Master Chief and Duke) are well known from FPS.

Soltype

K3oSFV5.png

A1DYfwD.png

AxTAiIW.png

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
.Mentally Ill Larpers
Fixed that for you.

OT: Gladiator is what I got. Pretty much love everything aside from highly competitive MP games, not because of hating that kind of game - but modern game design has ruined most MP competitive titles these days. All shit filled with RNG, MTX, Battle Pass, and GAAS design. Bring back the good old days of Quake 3 and UT04. Hell, TF2 Prior to the MvM update was pretty great too.

Bluecondor

I'm 52 and I love third person games. I will occasionally play a first person game, but if there is an FOV option in the camera settings, I always try and pull it back for more of a third person view.

Top Bottom