• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF7 Remake Removed From PS Store "Console Exclusives" Section.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I don't get it? You said you have a ps5? Then just enjoy that shit and stop with the preferences. Your lucky to have both systems. Why do you wait for it come to xbox when it's available to you right now? Heck, you can even get an adapter and play with an xbox controller if you want.

I don't have a PS5, yet. Why y'all keep assuming that about me lol.

You're the second person within this thread.

Man Xbox fans on Twitter are hella mad this ain't coming to Xbox.

Console fanboys are crazy.

I never understood that mentality really. I think social media and just the complete failure of games journalism have enabled the dumbest forms of fanboyism. It was never this bad back when magazines were the way, sometimes technological limitations are a good thing.

That or some of the people who act like this only started gaming last generation. At least a lot more stuff comes to PC these days; they'd of been absolutely fuming at all the consoles you'd of needed back in 16-bit, 32-bit or PS2/Gamecube/Xbox days to play all of the worthwhile exclusives (and STILL would've needed a PC too, and also visit arcades).

MS could solve all this easily by simply allowing people to install Windows(and Steam) on their console. They have no problem with people installing emulators of Sony and Nintendo platforms on their console, might as well go all the way.

When everybody plays, we all win right?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The game was presented on Sony's State of Play and not Capcom's own show wasn't it?

Yes, you are right in that the trailer debuted on the SoP.

Isn't Capcom also working on multiple exclusive VR stuff for Sony?

Sure, but they're really the only console with a VR peripheral so that's not really saying much.

Last edited:

kyoji

Meh. Again don't see that as a big deal. If it releases this year, cool. If not okay. But either way I don't expect meltdowns on either side

It's like starfield. Some folks were blown away, some were underwhelmed but there wasn't meltdowns like with the kojima or persona stuff.
man what reality are you living in right now lol, the persona games are years OLD, and the kojima game we have no idea about. if you are refering to some petition thats floating around social media i hate to tell u that a xbox fanboy already admitted to making it.

These are solid announcements for xbox but in reality xbox fans only are just now getting access to persona games that most of the persona fanbase have already enjoyed, so in what world is this a meltdown?............... not to mention the next gen updates turned out to be on ps5 anyway...

Last edited:
Xbox got the best Final Fantasy anyway, so no biggie.

Lognor

Banned
man what reality are you living in right now lol, the persona games are years OLD, and the kojima game we have no idea about. if you are refering to some petition thats floating around social media i hate to tell u that a xbox fanboy already admitted to making it.

These are solid announcements for xbox but in reality xbox fans only are just now getting access to persona games that most of the persona fanbase have already enjoyed, so in what world is this a meltdown?............... not to mention the next gen updates turned out to be on ps5 anyway...
This is the kind of meltdown I'm talking about. Yikes!

kyoji

This is the kind of meltdown I'm talking about. Yikes!
You gathered a meltdown from me posting that? you're more dellusional than i thought then. I didnt even blink a eye, those announcements dont effect me at all, and why exactly would they? I just told you i've played most of the persona games. But if you want to believe that go for it. i know how you like to fabricate fake hype :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Lognor

Banned
You gathered a meltdown from me posting that? you're more dellusional than i thought then. I didnt even blink a eye, those announcements dont effect me at all, and why exactly would they? I just told you i've played most of the persona games. But if you want to believe that go for it. i know how you like to fabricate fake hype :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

It isn't just an emote for him. He literally is triggered when anything positive about PlayStation is said.

Swift_Star

Banned
This deal was made before they even announced this was a 3 part game.
Sony probably got a much better deal than we even imagine.

This was signed way back...2014 or 2015. And remember back then it wasn't even a 3-part game. In fact they made no mention at this being devided, and they probably didn't know it since production hadn't even started back then. I mean Square-Enix didn't even know how many games they would do in 2020, lmao. I can almost bet the deal Sony signed back then covers contingencies like this, so Sony may not be paying extra for the other parts since the remake project will only be fully released after the 3 games. That's my 2 cents.

Anyway, Final Fantasy has been connected with PlayStation since the 90's. Sony will never allow for that to happen. You guys should brace yourselves with Persona 6 next so that we avoid another thread full of meltdowns.
Atlus would be mad to not release persona on PlayStation. Yakuza 7 flopped on Xbox. Games historically associated with PlayStation flops on Xbox. If they did that, it’d flop and they’d have it coming.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
It’s lognor. He’s always having meltdowns about Sony. Just ignore him, it’s not worth it.

It’s lognor. He’s always having meltdowns about Sony. Just ignore him, it’s not worth it.

Well your right about his FF7 meltdown. Oh boy that was a doozy. But to be fair it really isn’t that serious since those games will be available on PC at some point.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Nah, the point with the prequel is that it's detached enough from the main storyline wherein you don't need to have played the actual FF VII games to "get" Crisis Core, but having done so will add to your enjoyment of it. I mean the story for CC ends right before the start of FF VII proper. There are some FFVII characters in CC story like Cloud, Sephiroth and Aerith, but it's not like their FFVII stories are required to understand their CC stories (OTOH, knowing the CC stories can add to their FFVII storylines).

In other words you don't really need to have played FF VII to understand what's going on with CC, not fundamentally. There were rumors that Sony basically want to lock down the mainline FF series to PlayStation but that doesn't include offshoots like CC. It also wouldn't be the first time; Gamecube had FF offshoots but none of the main games, even tho it clearly could've ran them. So I'm thinking those rumors WRT Sony/mainline FF are true and they're likely also helping co-fund and co-develop the mainline games in some capacity as a result.

I mean I guess they need to lock something down what with things like Persona, SMT, even Dragon Quest now multiplatform in terms of JRPGs, and Xbox looking to lock down a lot of WRPGs as exclusives (console-wise) like Starfield, Avowed, Elder Scrolls etc. None of this should really be surprising, so I'm not expecting FF VII to show up on Xbox probably ever, at this rate.

What makes you think they are just paying them to moneyhat and keep it off of Xbox? Didn't it come out recently that they didn't "moneyhat" stuff like the Spiderman license or even KOTOR Remake, but rather those were things MS themselves passed up on? It's kind of like the myth that Sony only moneyhatted SFV when in fact they took up Capcom's offer to co-fund that game when MS most likely passed up on it, too.

With how much is needed to go into these games production-wise I wouldn't be surprised if Sony are helping to co-develop these mainline FF entries and mainline remakes, and probably PS versions of the multiplat FF offshoots as well. It's a lot of money for them, they'd want to offer up resources and production assistance as much as possible, not just throw a bag to keep them off another console and call it a day.

Agreed.

I think if anything, CCremake might be them testing the waters to even see if a base exist at all to even put FFVII remake on XB to begin with.

yurinka

Atlus would be mad to not release persona on PlayStation. Yakuza 7 flopped on Xbox. Games historically associated with PlayStation flops on Xbox. If they did that, it’d flop and they’d have it coming.
Sega said they will change their focus to go full multiplatform (including subs too), to release day one their games in all countries and to increase their efforts in localization. So I assume it means in the future Persona, Yakuza, Shin Megami Tensei or Bayonetta should be everywhere.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I don't understand what's happening. Haha

So crisis core is coming to everything but ff7 remake isn't?

Jeez how much did Sony pay for this. Must be a fortune, or maybe more or less its development cost. Well close to it.

YukiOnna

I don't understand what's happening. Haha

So crisis core is coming to everything but ff7 remake isn't?

Jeez how much did Sony pay for this. Must be a fortune, or maybe more or less its development cost. Well close to it.
Correct. I imagine FF7REBIRTH will follow the same trajectory of PS5 -> EGS -> STEAM after they release the definitive/+DLC edition.

EDMIX

Sega said they will change their focus to go full multiplatform (including subs oo), to release day one their games in all countries and to increase their efforts in localization. So I assume it means in the future Persona, Yakuza, Shin Megami Tensei or Bayonetta should be everywhere.

I agree they are going in this direction, but I believe its only if they actually gain something from it. If they don't get much sales, I believe they will go back.

Tiamat2san

I’ll buy crisis core on Xbox to support the principle.
I would have double dipped for FFVIIR if it was on xbox too.
I guess it will save me some money at least.
FFVII Rebirth on PS5 it will be then.
Weird situation if you ask me.

Lol the ex MS dude being a hypocrite about Sony having FF exclusive for a few months but when asked about Starfield...... Crickets

I guess the difference here is that Microsoft owns Bethesda, whereas Sony doesn't own Square Enix. To be really clear, I don't give a shit if FF stays exclusive to PlayStation as the series is a shell of it's former self but I would argue that there is a big difference.

Triggered? Basically you mean you agree but have nothing sensible to respond with? Cool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom