• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

CtjPA8rVYAA3C9-.jpg

https://twitter.com/KIWorldCup/status/781602165039128576?lang=en
Tickets go on sale soon & we also have some amazing announcements coming! 183,000 sq feet of GodLike! #PlayKI #KIWorldCup

CtjPA9KUIAADFaf.jpg

CtjPA8vUMAARKqq.jpg

CtjPA9IVMAE0aCQ.jpg

Wonder who is paying for all of this...

pizzacat

Banned
Fuck I'm enjoying Urien a lot, taking a lot of BL matches but I've reached the point where I rather be playing some old fighter

Feeling like face out here

TGMIII

DOA Core Fighters coming to Steam. Will definitely give it a try.

Just be aware that there's almost no one playing online since KT abandoned online features not long after launch. They put out online in a beta test that players had to opt into, the beta caused random crashes and generally the netcode wasn't great. After about a month they removed the beta tags, pushed it out to players and called it a day. To this day you'll still get random crashes while searching and they never added player lobbies.

They're more than happy to keep adding DLC however.

pixelish

I don't see any sort of instructions on the site. Do you have to predict the tournament winner, or are there points for top 8, or ??

points for top 8. not sure how he weighs the placements though.

my picks for esl. hoping for wolfkrone to get top 8 since he has been rather naughty on twitter lately. badmouthing eu laura players and all.
74inTWD.png

Stick question - if you're using one of those Brook 5x console boards and you plug it into a PC, what type of controller does it show up as? Xbox?

Edit: I checked here https://arcadeshock.com/products/brook-universal-fighting-board-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-xbox-one-pc

and it looks like it'll use XInput.

True Multi-Console Support (No 8 Minute timeout on PS4)
Auto System Detection
Fully upgradeable by end user when firmware updates are required
XINPUT mode for games that require it
Turbo Support
Built-in SOCD Cleaner
Common Form Factor

points for top 8. not sure how he weighs the placements though.

my picks for esl. hoping for wolfkrone to get top 8 since he has been rather naughty on twitter lately. badmouthing eu laura players and all.
74inTWD.png

Whatever points SRK assigns (usually more than top 8). example, here was Japan Cup's points:

http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/tournament/byname/Japan Cup 2016 - SF5

Thanks and thanks. Hopefully I still have time to make a team.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Caesar's okizeme is always cool to watch.

It took a while but people finally figured out how to play Rohan. He builds so much meter he's free to be as much of a jerk as he wants. Super fun.

Rhapsody

Banned
I figured I should post this here again for people whining about no dub since I'm kind of confused at the Aksys boycotting for BB.
https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/781914136909262853

Aksys Games
‏@aksysgames
@folkenhellfang We don't do the localization for the big Arc series (GG or BB).

Aksys hasn't handled the localization side of BB since BBCS I think. It wasn't until BBCSE where ASW stepped in themselves which started a controversy on replacing all these voices on the dub (from what I remember at least). Pretty sure they've said this multiple times, so I'm wondering if I missed something on why fans are so angry at Aksys. All Aksys can do is let ASW know, but I feel like that's sort of it. It's all up to ASW to see if it's worthwhile?

cj_iwakura

I figured I should post this here again for people whining about no dub since I'm kind of confused at the Aksys boycotting for BB.
https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/781914136909262853

Aksys hasn't handled the localization side of BB since BBCS I think. It wasn't until BBCSE where ASW stepped in themselves which started a controversy on replacing all these voices on the dub (from what I remember at least). Pretty sure they've said this multiple times, so I'm wondering if I missed something on why fans are so angry at Aksys. All Aksys can do is let ASW know, but I feel like that's sort of it. It's all up to ASW to see if it's worthwhile?

I'm well aware of that, and I've been aware of that, but they're the ones who suggested starting the petition, then they promptly ignored us. It took this drastic measure to finally get a reaction out of them, and it's bound to get one out of ArcSys too.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm well aware of that, and I've been aware of that, but they're the ones who suggested starting the petition, then they promptly ignored us. It took this drastic measure to finally get a reaction out of them, and it's bound to get one out of ArcSys too.

I feel like they were screwed either way at that point and that they didn't intend to "ignore" yet a lot of people saw it that way. And I'd be super surprised if people would get a proper response from the US side of ArcSys. They're the people that left us in the dark on US +R patch and eventually gave the news through a picture of a shoe lol

I just hear so many people boycotting things like... Exist Archive because of BB? I dunno, sounds odd to me if it's only because people felt Aksys ignored them after suggesting a petition.

cj_iwakura

I feel like they were screwed either way at that point and that they didn't intend to "ignore" yet a lot of people saw it that way. And I'd be super surprised if people would get a proper response from the US side of ArcSys. They're the people that left us in the dark on US +R patch and eventually gave the news through a picture of a shoe lol

I just hear so many people boycotting things like... Exist Archive because of BB? I dunno, sounds odd to me if it's only because people felt Aksys ignored them after suggesting a petition.

I have a lot of respect for Aksys, but the idea is only to target BB CF. Going after Exist is silly. This just feels like the only way to get their attention, and so far it seems to be working.

Sayad

Poor Aksys getting caught in the crossfire, but boycott is kinda the only option left for those who want English dubs. It could blow ASW's attempt to save money in their face if they ultimately end up losing money because of it, and make them rethink it.

Would be nice if ASW could actually be honest about why are they dropping localization instead of the lie we got for Xrd R.

Boycotting Exist Archive because of this though is just ignorance.

Rhapsody

Banned
Would be nice if ASW could actually be honest about why are they dropping localization instead of the lie we got for Xrd R.

Save money and make it easier to work with the competitive scene when it's released in a good time for the competitive scene, most likely. The stuff I usually hear from the people involved, it sounds like they don't want to miss the boat with the FGC. But I'm sure saving money is it, and people are going to be mad if they say that upfront lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom