• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Any of you guys know the name of the Japanese Blog that post about games and other stuff. It starts with an E (estreu or something like that).

shaowebb

Are you all able to juggle two or more fighting games at once and still play them well?

I started playing SFV at launch and it was the first game that I actually put the time into learning combos punishes etc, I managed to crack Gold league which was kinda like a goal I set for myself. Now I also have GG Revelator and I want to start learning that properly, the only thing is I'm worried I will forget how to play SFV and just end up trash in both....

A character or two? Yeah, maybe. The whole game? No.
In TVC I can generally do alright with Polymar at this point without too many refreshers. Ditto for Bane in Injustice. I begin to drop pogo combos with Dorothy in Arcana Heart and have to rely on setups, Ditto for using Basketball chan in DFCI, can't play MKXL for shit after this long, and I can only barely do anything in KOF 14 between sessions since it takes muscle memory in max mode and I haven't labbed much yet, in Nitroplus I just abuse Ruili rushdown but its hardly competent pressure, and if I play UMVC3 at all in between anything I completely lose all sense of rhythm for anything I play.

I own by far too many fighters. I browse these days...to much overtime and personal stuff to grind unless I became obsessed with a new fighter. KOF 14 and Injustice 2 have potential to take over though if I make enough time with them because both pull at me hard.

Mainly I just find myself playing some of everything and getting massively excited for the design of the cast and movesets in each. I'm a big fan of the genre more than any one title these days. I love the potential of some designs more than their executions...this is also why I've always loved The Ray and Iron Fist. Both are high potential concepts and I can't stop imagining possibilities built from their frame work. I get the same way with fighting game movesets and mechanics. :)

Tripon

http://beastapac.challonge.com/

Ct7nemvW8AAgDy-.jpg

https://twitter.com/SRKRanking/status/783317949365030912

Tripon

Haha, again, CPT is skipped. I'm guessing the channel was canceled on the down low. We are nearing 2 months (Aug. 10th) since CPT aired.

Dlent

Did Arcsys say outright why Europe doesn't get the BBCF demo? I have a suspicion that it's because you don't need to pay upfront for pre-orders on the EU PSN, so it was pretty easy to set up a fake account for a free Revelator demo.

Not that I would be so unscrupulous, of course.

FACE

Banned
Are you all able to juggle two or more fighting games at once and still play them well?

I started playing SFV at launch and it was the first game that I actually put the time into learning combos punishes etc, I managed to crack Gold league which was kinda like a goal I set for myself. Now I also have GG Revelator and I want to start learning that properly, the only thing is I'm worried I will forget how to play SFV and just end up trash in both....

I play a bunch of game and I'm bad at all of them.

Did Arcsys say outright why Europe doesn't get the BBCF demo? I have a suspicion that it's because you don't need to pay upfront for pre-orders on the EU PSN, so it was pretty easy to set up a fake account for a free Revelator demo.

Not that I would be so unscrupulous, of course.

They didn't say, but i wouldn't be surprised if it's because everyone preordered Xrd R for the demo, then cancelled. (Didn't even need a fake account! )

Hell, i did that because i'd rather have a physical copy but also wanted the demo.

Edit: Holy shit at that Susano'o secret character in BBCF. Didn't see that coming.

They didn't say, but i wouldn't be surprised if it's because everyone preordered Xrd R for the demo, then cancelled. (Didn't even need a fake account! )

Hell, i did that because i'd rather have a physical copy but also wanted the demo.

Edit: Holy shit at that Susano'o secret character in BBCF. Didn't see that coming.

new character, huh?

. . . hmm, yea, gonna just stick with platinum

why the hell is this game 19.5G tho

Hmmm, wonder how it'll play like. Wonder if this is Terumi/Hazama or someone (or thing) else.

Looks like Terumi possessing the Hakumen armour or something.

From what people are saying it looks like he starts each round with all but one of his special moves/supers locked. Hitting someone or roaring with D sets a pointer running over the seals above your bar, kinda like how powerups work in Gradius.

Press D again to unlock or upgrade the skill the pointer is on.

In return for jumping through those hoops, everything he has access to might be amazing? His buttons look hueg.

From what people are saying it looks like he starts each round with all but one of his special moves/supers locked. Hitting someone or roaring with D sets a pointer running over the seals above your bar, kinda like how powerups work in Gradius.

In return for jumping through those hoops, everything he has access to might be amazing? His buttons look hueg.
normals move the lock one position, drive opens the lock on that special.

His super has him using every unlocked special.

Its most definitely Terumi, considering he was the original owner of the susanoo, and his astral had him transforming into it (and formerly yelling "I am the one true susanoo" but he cant do that anymore.......)

NEO0MJ

Its most definitely Terumi, considering he was the original owner of the susanoo, and his astral had him transforming into it (and formerly yelling "I am the one true susanoo" but he cant do that anymore.......)

Yeah but didn't they seem to have killed him in CP? Also I wouldn't put it past Arc to shove a little girl inside the armor as its new owner :p

shaowebb

normals move the lock one position, drive opens the lock on that special.

His super has him using every unlocked special.

BT2RFC0.gif

It's kind of funny how Terumi has 3 different playable forms now, with none of them being clones.

They should have at least given Ragna a new form or something since this is supposed to be the end of his story, it would have been cool.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man the netcode in the new PC version of MKX is crazy good.

I'm getting wrecked worse then I ever have in any fighting game ever, but man it's smooth while I'm being fed my own ass.

Caim

Just finished up BBCF story mode.
I can see why there might not be an extend.
A lot of potential new characters though if they go that route.

The new trial mode is pretty good too. There are ten, but when you complete it you unlock another difficulty. Most characters have two with some trials having a third version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom