• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Marvelous Customs! I now have a Brook PCB multi-console hitbox.

DEohgE1.jpg

Now I gotta learn how to use hitbox lol

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Never understood why the movement buttons are so close to the attack buttons on a hitbox. You'd think you'd want a gap there.

I bought Infiltration in the last Fantasy FGC. =(

Learning hitbox will be an uphill climb for a while. Shoryukens are easier facing right than left because I have better dexterity in my index than ring finger. Directions feel similar enough to WASD that I keep hitting Down when I mean to hit Up. That's really the first thing I'm gonna need to train, getting the directions right. I'm playing some NES Zelda to practice that.

Line_HTX

I completely forgot The Fall Classic was happening. I thought it was last month. It just suddenly creeped up with everything else going on, lol

Have you used hitbox before? If you're learning it for the first time I'm interested in how that goes for you. The first hour with mine was rough but I'll put more time in with it this weekend.

Nope haven't used hitbox but have tried playing on keyboard tho. I need to get used to using the spacebar as the jump button but one thing I have noticed is FADC cancelling and Jago fireball cancelling is much easier on keyboard for me.

One early thing I've noticed using this hitbox is that 24mm sanwa buttons don't feel quite as nice as 30mm sanwa's. I like having the buttons spaced closer together than on a standard stick, but the smaller buttons feel a bit like they could get stuck more easily. It's probably just something that will take some getting used to.

That is some of the most generic techno I have ever heard.

I can't say I agree (you probably could have guessed that by my original comment). It feels like it has some sort of almost angelic quality to it and I like the build up.

IIRC Xblaze's composer did Es' theme in BBCF.

This reminded me to check out Susanoo. Feels so strange that Arc kept his existence a secret.

Probably because it's a story thing.

It feels special though because all the playable characters in fighters now a days are usually all revealed before the game is even released.

Dlent

How much did the Marvelous Customs hitbox cost you? I've been using a standard PS360 hitbox for years now, but that board has always given me issues, and the buttons themselves are starting to give me issues.

Clawww

Thanks Marvelous Customs! I now have a Brook PCB multi-console hitbox.

Now I gotta learn how to use hitbox lol

left ring finger dexterity (for Back inputs) took me a while to get down. some things were already easier day one but others took roughly as long as going from pad to stick did in the first place. I can't imagine ever going back to stick now, though.

your sick (lol) looks really awesome btw

How much did the Marvelous Customs hitbox cost you? I've been using a standard PS360 hitbox for years now, but that board has always given me issues, and the buttons themselves are starting to give me issues.

$300. I've only tried it on PC so far, but I'm not expecting any major issues on consoles since Brook boards are supposed to be good.

left ring finger dexterity (for Back inputs) took me a while to get down. some things were already easier day one but others took roughly as long as going from pad to stick did in the first place. I can't imagine ever going back to stick now, though.

your sick (lol) looks really awesome btw

So far this is a lot more awkward than switching between pad and stick, but I've only practiced with it for a few hours so far. I still hit the wrong direction a lot of the time, so for now I'm just training my fingers to hit the right ones to move the way I want. Remembering that the bigass bottom button is Up is surprisingly hard.

And thanks! I'm real happy with the look and feel of it. It's a lot lighter than a TE as well, but not too light.

A few more pics: https://imgur.com/a/SQ0OV

MrDaravon

Oh my god I've been so out of things the last 3-4 weeks with getting sucked back into Destiny, work and personal stuff that I have zero idea what tournament stuff has even happened, and I had no idea TFC was even this weekend, FML

It's super sad for me to say this, but Capcom Pro Talk was a good way for me to get caught up on things sometimes if I didn't pay attention to stuff for that week lol. They've really dropped the ball on that, it's been what, like at least a month since that's been on?

Dahbomb

Oh my god I've been so out of things the last 3-4 weeks with getting sucked back into Destiny, work and personal stuff that I have zero idea what tournament stuff has even happened, and I had no idea TFC was even this weekend, FML

It's super sad for me to say this, but Capcom Pro Talk was a good way for me to get caught up on things sometimes if I didn't pay attention to stuff for that week lol. They've really dropped the ball on that, it's been what, like at least a month since that's been on?
You don't watch Pro Talk to be caught up on CPT stuff, that's what Ultrachen is for.

Pro Talk is about your weekly dose of Mike Ross and Flow online shenanigans.

MrDaravon

You don't watch Pro Talk to be caught up on CPT stuff, that's what Ultrachen is for.

Pro Talk is about your weekly dose of Mike Ross and Flow online shenanigans.

Oh for sure, but Pro Talk would at least usually mention a tournament that had happen that I might have missed or not known about. I do keep forgetting to check out UltraChen, I usually forget to watch that live and then they seem kinda sporadic about the timing on their youtube uploads of stuff.

Totally my fault either way, just commenting more on how they've just totally dropped the ball with CPT.

Oh for sure, but Pro Talk would at least usually mention a tournament that had happen that I might have missed or not known about. I do keep forgetting to check out UltraChen, I usually forget to watch that live and then they seem kinda sporadic about the timing on their youtube uploads of stuff.

Totally my fault either way, just commenting more on how they've just totally dropped the ball with CPT.

There's also Super Desperation Radio. They seem to be a bit more freeform with what they discuss though. Marvel Live has good recaps but just for one game obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom